4 posts
Page 1 of 1
One of the features (I'm not sure if it is meant as a feature) of S1 is that you can change the samplerate of a project while working on it.

When working on 88.2 or 96Khz projects I sometimes switch back to 44.1 or 48 if CPU runs out.

That used to work perfectly, but somewhere in version 5.x (or maybe even a later 4.x version) this doesn't fully work anymore. Some files with the wrong samplerate don't play or stop playing halfway through.

Most likely S1 wasn't designed to be used like this, but I would surely love if it would work again. Anyone using S1 this way and experiencing the same issue?

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by larskivig on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:46 pm
Hi, just saw your post here as I’m searching for some answers in this area as well.
Really hard to find insight information on how S1 works in regards to changing session sample rate.

I have a current mix that has files of both 16bit 44.1 and 24bit 88.2. I’m trying to find the best solution to keep the best audio setting in S1. But do I have to upsample all the 44.1 to 88.2 separately or is S1 so magnificent that it will upsample/or can work with both sample rates intermixed?

I think it’s a relatively common issue mixers and producers have. Strange it’s not more covered in the manual.

Best.
Lars
by webhamster on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:57 pm
One of the great features of S1 is that you can mix sample rates. They will all playback converted. I'm not sure how good the real time sample rate conversion is.

It is just that since a few versions ago some files (that have a different sample rate than the song) stop playing halfway through.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by Bbd on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

4 posts
Page 1 of 1