78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Automation Test 42.zip
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Good chance of Repro, if
- you have all used plugins installed [(Fabfilter Pro-C2 VST3 // Devious Machines Duck VST3]
- you have increased/decreased the number of Ampires, so that your offline render speed is between 1.4x and 2x (plugin nap needs to be disabled).

After 25 minutes render-time the progress bar will freeze and from this point on the automation is no longer represented in resulting wave file.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by stefanrauch1 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by JimmiG on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:00 am
Please also send this file and information directly to PreSonus support.
by williammountney on Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:37 am
saekone wrote
JimmiG wroteIn my experience, automation failure during mixdown is at least sometimes related to the progress indicator "freezing" during the export. Note that only the progress indicator freezes, the actual export continues in the background and eventually completes. If this happens, it's almost guaranteed that automation will have failed, at least partially. For me, this doesn't happen often, but I've had it happened once or twice.

The bizarre workaround is to "shake the box" - if you keep moving the progress window around continually during export, it won't freeze, and automation most likely will render correctly.

There are also certain plugins where automation simply doesn't work with offline rendering, in any DAW. One example is Izotope Vinyl, which has problems with automation in other DAWs too, like Ableton and Cubase, requiring you to use realtime recording.

Fuuuu…. This actually worked. Now I won’t trust the export unless I move the dialog box around :(. Anyone else experience this ?

Yes, I've been having this problem since Studio One 3 and I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet after two major version upgrades and numerous minor updates. At this point, I'm not using Studio One for any new projects, nor will I be upgrading to the next major version, unless I see confirmation this is fixed.

That said, I can offer this additional observation about the "shake the box" workaround. The period with which you need to move it around varies based on the point the freeze is happening in a particular mixdown. If the freeze is happening 1 minute and 30 seconds into the mixdown, then you can move the box once every 1 minute and 20 seconds and prevent the freeze. It's as if moving the box resets some kind of freeze countdown.

And since this workaround seems to reliably avoid the problem, and also since PreSonus hasn't found any other way to fix it, maybe at this point they should just make the box start moving around by itself in a future update. That suggestion would be a joke if the problem hadn't persisted this long, but at this point I am serious.
by JimmiG on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:11 am
williammountney wroteAnd since this workaround seems to reliably avoid the problem, and also since PreSonus hasn't found any other way to fix it, maybe at this point they should just make the box start moving around by itself in a future update. That suggestion would be a joke if the problem hadn't persisted this long, but at this point I am serious.

Funny thing is someone actually made a macro that automatically moves the box around, although it requires a third party program to work.
Thanks to this workaround, it's not a dealbreaker. However it does make the program feel very unprofessional and it makes you wonder what kind of testing procedures they have at PreSonus and what other bugs might slip through in the future.
by kevinanstey on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:40 am
Hi,
About a year or so I noticed that the progress indicator would stop and the update mastering process would seem like it took forever. I also noticed that the progress indicator would start again as mentioned when you moved the box around.
Not sure why i did this as there was no indication that the CPU was maxed but I increased the buffer size and the result was - the progress bar didn't stop anymore and the master update was quicker. I'm not saying this will resolve this issue, however, I thought it was an easy thing for someone to try.

Desktop
Windows 10 Pro
ASUS X99 Deluxe MB 32G Ram
i7 5820K 3.3 GHz
ASUS R5 230 Series graphics
MOTU 424 PCIe 2408 MK II
Studio One Pro 6.01
Faderport 8
M-Audio Keystation 88
M-Audio Oxygen 8

Laptop
Acer Nitro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB Ram
SSD and M.2 drives
SSL 2+ Audio interface

Few Hammonds/Leslies
Vintage keys (Rhodes 88, Solina strings, ARP Odyssey, Hohner D6, etc)
by leosutherland on Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:15 am
JimmiG wrote
williammountney wroteAnd since this workaround seems to reliably avoid the problem, and also since PreSonus hasn't found any other way to fix it, maybe at this point they should just make the box start moving around by itself in a future update. That suggestion would be a joke if the problem hadn't persisted this long, but at this point I am serious.

Funny thing is someone actually made a macro that automatically moves the box around, although it requires a third party program to work.
Thanks to this workaround, it's not a dealbreaker. However it does make the program feel very unprofessional and it makes you wonder what kind of testing procedures they have at PreSonus and what other bugs might slip through in the future.

Sorry, people - this dialogue-moving-around workaround is NOT actually reliable - it can produce WAV with chunks missing out of it - as I reported previously

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by JimmiG on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 am
Interesting. There's definitely some kind of race condition that happens during Offline render, which is why shaking the box "unlocks" the stuck thread responsible for reading and applying the automation. It's not surprising that in some cases, this would instead cause the audio rendering to cut out.
Really makes you question the long-term viability of using Studio One for larger projects.
by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:34 am
I can't believe this still isnt fixed.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:24 pm
phpBB [video]

Prime example. Sent this to the devs as well. This is just.... poor handling of plugins. And this does not occur in any other DAW I use, only Studio One.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by bailatosco on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:57 am
it's just embarrassing.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by firegs on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:06 am
Sure is. I had a Zoom call with the devs at Tegeler and showed them this ridiculousness, said they were going to contact Presonus directly and get some answers. I've also reopened my ticket with Presonus.

If this issue isnt fixed next patch, along with a host of super basic usability issues (plugins causing freezes because of OpenGL, no FREEZE option with realtime rendering [Pipeline XT], no multi-channel support), and this, I'm finding another DAW.

by NoiseCoalition on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:04 pm
firegs wrote
phpBB [video]

Prime example. Sent this to the devs as well. This is just.... poor handling of plugins. And this does not occur in any other DAW I use, only Studio One.

That is really bad. I just switched over to S1 as one of my main DAWs and I haven't encountered this bug yet, but this makes we worried about using too many automation lanes. Unacceptable bug.

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by bailatosco on Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:42 am
firegs wrote If this issue isnt fixed next patch, along with...

Well, sorry to be a bummer, but this damn bug has been going for almost 7 years now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by firegs on Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 am
.......wow

by cedricmialaret on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:39 pm
stefanrauch1 wrote
Automation Test 42.zip
Good chance of Repro, if
- you have all used plugins installed [(Fabfilter Pro-C2 VST3 // Devious Machines Duck VST3]
- you have increased/decreased the number of Ampires, so that your offline render speed is between 1.4x and 2x (plugin nap needs to be disabled).

After 25 minutes render-time the progress bar will freeze and from this point on the automation is no longer represented in resulting wave file.

phpBB [video]

So I've rendered the whole thing, in a few seconds, and I can not reproduce the issue.
by JimmiG on Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:40 am
Well I've long since moved to Cubase because of this bug, but I was wondering if there's any word whether this bug was fixed in v6?
by wdkbeats on Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am
If this hasn't been fixed in V6 then it's just an epic fail. This bug has been there since v3 (that's 2015, folks), I reported it a few times and found that it happens only when the rendering window moves to background - the top frame goes white. You have to "shake it" every 20-30 seconds and the mix renders fine. Still, it's an embarrassment for the developers of Studio One.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:54 pm
I'll have a look a little later and see if something works since I have 6 up and running well.

Like was mentioned by a mod way back, I also don't use a ton of automation so it's not something that I was aware of. Also, I'm not in need of having to do it w/o "realtime" rendering.

Still, if it's still there, EEEEEEEEEK for those who really need this to work! (7 years is just WAY too long)

Bye......:roll:
by ericma2 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 pm
I wonder if this in the same realm as midi cc automation not working in an offline bounce. I was doing a rough mix for testing purposes: did an offline bounce and my Hologram Microcosm didn't switch patches and parameters via CC automation.
The Microcosm did all it's CC automation moves when doing a real time bounce.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 am
I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but so far automation is bouncing correctly.

Bye......:roll:

78 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4