78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
This bug is already in second grade and knows how to read really well.
We should give it a name.
I'm thinking Bradley.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by wdkbeats on Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:16 am
bailatosco wroteThis bug is already in second grade and knows how to read really well.
We should give it a name.
I'm thinking Bradley.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So, has anyone checked on Bradley lately?

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by marinsubasic1 on Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:49 pm
Hey guys,

had export problems today, it´s super annoying!

Sounds played too loud, Piano vst didn´t play sustain note CC´s right etc..
And the dialog box didn´t update during the process..

I mean this is like THE most important feature in any DAW, when you finished working on a project and then you are not able to export properly??

It only works when I do a realtime export!

I9 10900k, 64GB ram
Win 10, 64
Presonus Quantum 2626
Sphere Member
by marinsubasic1 on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:38 pm
Found a solution:

Disabling ´plugin nap´ made it export again,
seems like some vst´s don´t play nice with it!

I9 10900k, 64GB ram
Win 10, 64
Presonus Quantum 2626
Sphere Member
by wdkbeats on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Has this been fixed yet?

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:48 am
wdkbeats wroteHas this been fixed yet?

This is an old thread from early S1v5. It's based on the OP complaining if there's a spike in rendering, automation and rendering audio in general is blown.well, of course that's going to happen. Any rendering at all should be first checked to ensure true peak measurements do not exceed 0dB. No one is complaining now, at least until they come across a warning that rendering exceeded the maximum allowed peak. This is one if those threads that gets beaten like a dead horse

If you experienced an issue even remotely what you feel is close, start a new post. Reviving this poor overly, and never properly detailed thread won't help.

State your issue. Don't just ask if it's fixed yet. What fixed? Where? By how much? What condition did you experience?
Thanks!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:11 am
wdkbeats wroteHas this been fixed yet?

Lokeyfly wroteThis is an old thread from early S1v5. It's based on the OP complaining if there's a spike in rendering, automation and rendering audio in general is blown.well, of course that's going to happen. Any rendering at all should be first checked to ensure true peak measurements do not exceed 0dB. No one is complaining now, at least until they come across a warning that rendering exceeded the maximum allowed peak. This is one if those threads that gets beaten like a dead horse

If you experienced an issue even remotely what you feel is close, start a new post. Reviving this poor overly, and never properly detailed thread won't help.

State your issue. Don't just ask if it's fixed yet. What fixed? Where? By how much? What condition did you experience?
Thanks!

Yup!
Did he even read this thread?
Some people do and some people don't experience the issue. If you've got an issue then supply feedback. If you want to see if the latest studio one works for you, then install it alongside your existing working studio one version and try it yourself, as a new version has just been released it would be nice to get feedback (rather than expect others to do it for you).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am
Completely, PreAl.

Same day, wdkbeats inquired in the Official 6.1 thread the same.he also writes:
wdkbeats wrote: "I have the latest version. Haven't been using S1 for a while now, since these bugs made it unfit for professional work. Just asking if these bugs were fixed. Were they?"

Ari steers him to the updates link, yet wdkbeats responds here in another post with the same useless question . You also assisted him in that thread. Pretty clear he is trolling.

So what is it wdkbeats? What and where is your point? Your issue. Stop piggybacking points or even worse, no points made.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by wdkbeats on Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:29 am
Lokeyfly wroteCompletely, PreAl.

wdkbeats wrote: "I have the latest version. Haven't been using S1 for a while now, since these bugs made it unfit for professional work. Just asking if these bugs were fixed. Were they?"

Ari steers him to the updates link, yet wdkbeats responds here in another post with the same useless question . You also assisted him in that thread. Pretty clear he is trolling.

So what is it wdkbeats? What and where is your point? Your issue. Stop piggybacking points or even worse, no points made.

The point is: automation still doesn't work as it supposed to. Studio One 6.1, Windows 10 Pro.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:11 am
wdkbeats wrote
Lokeyfly wroteCompletely, PreAl.

The point is: automation still doesn't work as it supposed to. Studio One 6.1, Windows 10 Pro.

No, the point is you've inquired in several threads towards that same subject. The user just before you had a render problem and found a solution turning off plugin napping. At least he stated his issue. The occasional bust someone has towards rendering, be it with automation mixdowns, or rendering tracks/mixdowns are typically isolated events. The majority of users do not see this. That isn't to say all is fine. The point is this post is old. Many improvements have been made, and the best way to evaluate an issue isn't to piggy back a two year old thread with "Has this been fixed yet?" There's a lot of different "this" in this post. Little to no info on spiked by how many dB's? What automation? Important really because that can be a major fix for that individual. So you see, you haven't stated your issue, still. Lets have a current one, and not a year old one. Have you looked at the latest version fixes Ari linked for you? Or did you just expect answers others have to chase down for you. Again, what is your issue, as that may drive some helpful assistance your way.

Think about it. If these are typically isolated cases (some pertain to real time MIDI pipeline, clocking, some renders, some near maxed HD's, buffering, core distribution, overshot dB mix, CPU, plugin napping, etc. etc.). what would a yes or no, do for you? That's a heck of a troubleshooting process. Why not help the process by describing your issue? Thx.
Btw, I've helped you in the past, wdkbeats and I know you use S1 to some degree. I know you're sincere in asking, and that's completely understandable. What simply works is avoiding a slew of inquiries on one post. As you must know, even from your past inquiries, troubleshooting even one issue can work best without a stampede of " happened to me too" when largely it wasn't the same issue, or even close. This thread Is a poster child for that.

Straight up, if I knew something was fixed as in a genuine bug, I'd pass it on, and have. This isnt a bug, but a case by case issue.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by alejandrosuazo on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:01 am
Now, April, 2023, still the same big bug, like many others on SO. Automation's on stock plugins, work 90% of the time, while other more complex third party plugins like SSL Native, can't read the parameters automation on export. Don't care if is Real Time Export or fast export, don't care if Plug-In Nap it's enable or disable, simply a BIG BIG BUG from Presonus.

They prefer invert more time on YouTubers like videos mora than FIX SO MANY BUGS on SO.

WHY? Maybe be Presonus want that some producers like ME move to Ableton... may be...

:rtfm2: :rtfm2: :rtfm2:
by AAV on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:45 am
alejandrosuazo wrote...the same big bug,... ...Don't care if is Real Time Export or fast export, don't care if Plug-In Nap it's enable or disable, .....simply a BIG BIG BUG......

I think you are just venting, or you would at least list your complete specs, and the version of studio one you are running, as well as a repeatable method to illustrate the problem. Honestly - if S1 worked properly for others under the same circumstances, it wouldn't be a bug, would it? It would be something more unique to your system.
You say " the same big bug", but there seems to be lots of different issues identified in the thread, through multiple versions of S1. (Sometimes it sounds like a solution like turning off plugin napping has fixed the problem. Sometimes it sounds like system / resources issues). It may be one or more bugs at the heart of it all, but unless there is a way that others can verify, it can never get fixed. Presonus has delivered an excellent DAW with 6.1.1. I know it's not perfect but ranting that it's not and threatening to go to Ableton isn't a solution IMO.

Studio One 6.5.2 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2000 GB & 1000 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 22H2
by Lokeyfly on Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:23 pm
alejandrosuazo wroteNow, April, 2023, still the same big bug, like many others on SO. Automation's on stock plugins, work 90% of the time, while other more complex third party plugins like SSL Native, can't read the parameters automation on export. Don't care if is Real Time Export or fast export, don't care if Plug-In Nap it's enable or disable, simply a BIG BIG BUG from Presonus.

They prefer invert more time on YouTubers like videos mora than FIX SO MANY BUGS on SO.

WHY? Maybe be Presonus want that some producers like ME move to Ableton... may be...

:rtfm2: :rtfm2: :rtfm2:

When in doubt, blame someone. Anyone.

This and many other posts on automation during rendering, audio dropouts and such rarely come with any substance, proof, or the posters providing the capacity to want to troubleshoot. The term "bug" without any actual explanation behind it is, I'm sorry to say..... a "bug" in reasoning. "
No emoji necessary.

Signed, 98% of who S1 somehow (believe it or not) does work for.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by stefanrauch1 on Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:31 am
Automation can stop working during rendering in S1 and it is a real bug. If you don't encounter it, count your blessings and be happy, but don't shoot down people who experience this and are frustrated about it. Let them vent, This is a legitimate place to do it.
The bug, even though rare, is pretty severe in that it from then on will undermine the confidence in your rendered end product. For some people that can be enough to not want to deal with it anymore.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by PreAl on Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:54 am
stefanrauch1 wroteAutomation can stop working during rendering in S1 and it is a real bug. If you don't encounter it, count your blessings and be happy, but don't shoot down people who experience this and are frustrated about it. Let them vent, This is a legitimate place to do it.
The bug, even though rare, is pretty severe in that it from then on will undermine the confidence in your rendered end product. For some people that can be enough to not want to deal with it anymore.

A real bug requires clear steps to reproduce on a simplified project, that somebody else can validate.

I'm not here to argue whether it is a legitimate bug or not, if there is indeed a bug that is what is require to get a fix or get support to look at it via a ticket.

Crying "bug" without any substance behind it is completely pointless.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:05 am
stefanrauch1 wroteAutomation can stop working during rendering in S1 and it is a real bug. If you don't encounter it, count your blessings and be happy, but don't shoot down people who experience this and are frustrated about it. Let them vent, This is a legitimate place to do it.

Ditto Al's point. People can vent until the cows come home. People who can create a clear detail of their issue (and they can be quite different) can often get help, or several people who are assisting can arive at some conclusion. Even if that issue isn't solved, but agreed to forward what's been noted, to support. That's what trouble shooting is all about.

Points like "me too", "when is Presonus going to fix this?" or "let them vent", doesn't do a blessed thing except convolute points made. "I'm listening to you vent", is down the hall. Though, I don't think anything gets fixed much, there.

Please state your own detailed issue as they are all typically different. Want proof? Read this and similar threads on this same, or drop out issue. Some people deem the issue is with automation, some during a bounce, some when rendering, some during mixdown, stemming tracks.....etc.
Some points in this thread haven't a blessed thing to do with automation. What does that fix?
C'mon. Venting wastes time. Stating this in a respectful way that hopefully drives the point. Provide details.

If something isn't typically observed, or verified by at least a few knowledgeable people providing assistance (and there are a good many here who can), the only bug is in the inability to translate the condition. That would be yours, or anyone elese on their own respective issue. Make sense? I hope so.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by stefanrauch1 on Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:28 am
A little push back to that..
In my view, a bug is when something does not work right in a software. It does not matter if you can create a clear detail of the issue or provide a way of reproducing the issue. That might be helpful for Devs to hunt down the issue, but it is not needed to be considered a bug.

#venting
Do you think Waves would have back-paddled if nobody vented?
Do you think Bitwig would have?
Do you think Presonus would have fixed Sidechain Delay Compensation and so on..?
In every software there are tons of bugs.. guess which of them are more likely to get fixed... the bugs, nobody cries "me too" about?

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by PreAl on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:53 pm
stefanrauch1 wroteA little push back to that..
In my view, a bug is when something does not work right in a software. It does not matter if you can create a clear detail of the issue or provide a way of reproducing the issue. That might be helpful for Devs to hunt down the issue, but it is not needed to be considered a bug.

#venting
Do you think Waves would have back-paddled if nobody vented?
Do you think Bitwig would have?
Do you think Presonus would have fixed Sidechain Delay Compensation and so on..?
In every software there are tons of bugs.. guess which of them are more likely to get fixed... the bugs, nobody cries "me too" about?

I suggest you reread the last two comments.

The bugs that get fixed are the ones that people can demonstrate clearly and give steps to reproduce. If absolutely everybody was getting the issue and it could be identified straight away you could have a point, but not in this case. Reading through the thread it appears to be a load of different issues that could easily be config related. That isn't to say that it is or it isn't, I don't consult tea leafs and nor do Devs.

So do yourself a favour, supply steps to reproduce,.supply a video, do anything to show the issue, otherwise this is just pissing in the wind. Moaning about it without a clear demonstration doesn't fix anything.

Plenty of people in this thread have said their issue is resolved. This thread is just a bucket of confusion, and people are comparing different issues and.jumping to the same conclusion for no logical reason. As has previously been said people need to start their own threads, they shouldn't bring up an ancient thread with resolved issues.

I hope mods lock this thread, people can start new ones.

78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4