8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’m new to Studio One (from Pro Tools).
I just installed 5.2 on a 2nd Mac for recording/playback of multi-track live-streamed shows over Dante.

Is it possible to move/change the ‘Main’ Stereo output signal path from 1+2 to e.g. outputs 31+32 (or just delete the Main Output path) so I can have each channel, starting from Output 1 as Input/Output Mono Subs for direct in’s and outs over Dante?

I can’t seem to be able to delete or move the output mapping for Main to any other physical outputs other than 1+2 even though they’re not used in the song.

Basically trying to achieve Track 1 - Mono Input/Output 1, Track 2 - Mono Input/Output 2, Track 3... etc.

Thanks!
by SwitchBack on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:48 am
Probably you haven’t set up the I/O mapping for the other outputs yet. Open I/O settings, go to the outputs tab, add as many mono output channels as you need (assuming you have enough active Dante channels) and link them to the Dante channels you want to use, link the stereo Main output channel to Dante channels 31/32 and hit ‘Apply’. Then close the I/O settings window.
by shanepower1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 am
Thanks for your reply.

I’ve set up 30 mono outputs for Dante (with a stereo pair left for the Main) but I can’t seem to be able to change/assign the Main Output to anything other than 1+2. I can drag, reorder and reassign all of the mono outputs, but not the Main.
by SwitchBack on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:33 am
Odd. Can you post a picture? Usually you can simply click on the boxes you want to assign the output to for the link markers to move. Then click ‘Assign’
by Vocalpoint on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:25 am
I haven't been able to figure this out either. I am using an RME Multiface and have my S1 Main going to Outputs 1+2 and a secondary pair designated to go to hardware Outs 3+4 - but I have no idea how to send an actual song mix to 3+4.

This layout is my master audio template and all songs have this duel output pair. But I cannot figure out how to activate Outs 3+4. Hopefully it's driver error over here.

Will watch this thread for more info...

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by shanepower1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:25 am
Looks like my issue was a graphics glitch. Reinstalled and rebooted... all is good now! It’s still odd that you can’t drag the Main (default label on the top left of the Outputs I/O) Output up or down within the list on the left, but you can with all the other Output labels.

677BC49F-FD8E-4741-AD7E-C5A56CBF88CE.jpeg
by SwitchBack on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Have you tried deleting it and adding a new stereo output?
by shanepower1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:49 pm
It won’t allow you to delete the Main output. I can add and delete every other output I set up.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1