5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a shortcut/method of being able to simply drag an audio loop from the browser onto anywhere in the main arrange window and it automatically drops/snaps at bar/position one, or at the playhead cursor position?

Any other neat basic loop-insertion tips to share?

Thanks

Studio One Professional, V4.6.2, Mac OS 10.15
by Tacman7 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:50 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

You can drag it to where ever you want in the arranger. What happens when you try it?

I set my grid to whole notes so when I drop something it starts on a bar.

Important to get to know about snapping, helps you in a lot of editing.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/E ... light=snap

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:43 am
Great advice. For shortcuts, you'll likely want to have them available on tap for different things. From micro precision, to precise 1/32, to fine 1/16, to basic 1/8, to course 1/4, to whole bar measures. Set them up on the macro bar those selections for the ones you need the most, and give them a logical key command that you'll remember instinctively. You could also set quick levels there as clips dragged in almost always change in level as well.

Grid adjustment of a bar will greatly help in the scheme of things when dragging and placing such broad strokes as Tacman points out. :+1
I use [Alt] + (number keys) to change grid resolutions.

Actually dragging into a track and have that clip jump to the timeline, I've never tried. Might be there, but not near my computer at the moment to test it. Clips don't always start right at the start threshold. Most percussive ones do, so there might be a need to fine position the audio clip anyway.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by kh52 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 am
Thank you, Tacman. Yes the grid suggestion might help – I'll look more into this.

"Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature..." After I posted, I sought out a method to add my spec in a signature. Hopefully that has corrected this!?
by kh52 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:25 am
Test signature...?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1