5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Whenever I work on a song file, then bring it into a project, or update the song in the project if it's already there, the drum track is always missing.

To fix this, I "edit song" from the project, just click a mute or solo then un-click it, re-save go back to project, update and the drums are back. Every. Time.

Just me, or.....?

Studio One Pro6
Studio Laptop - ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15
Win11 AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS 3.3 GHz 40GB RAM 1.4TB SSD Interface: Neural DSP Quad Cortex
by Steve Carter on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:10 pm
No - not just you. I posted about this some years back, the workaround for me was to update song files in a project one at a time rather than trying to update en mass.

Haven’t worked on the Project page for quite some time so didn’t realize that this issue is still ongoing I.e not fixed yet ...!!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Steve Carter on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:10 pm
No - not just you. I posted about this some years back, the workaround for me was to update song files in a project one at a time rather than trying to update en mass.

Haven’t worked on the Project page for quite some time so didn’t realize that this issue is still ongoing I.e not fixed yet ...!!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by scottstoner on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:49 pm
I can 100% re-produce this bug every time. Weird that they haven't fixed it yet.

Studio One Pro6
Studio Laptop - ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15
Win11 AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS 3.3 GHz 40GB RAM 1.4TB SSD Interface: Neural DSP Quad Cortex
by Lokeyfly on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:42 am
Just in the scheme of maybe resolving or understanding....
Is the Drum track an audio file? If not, there may be a snag in something like a ghost track playing or some condition that way that isn't expoting. Worth investigating that particular track, it's path, it's origin, etc.

If it is an audio file. Same thing, and also check that the origin of the audio is in your song, or not hidden in the Channels" section, or derailed by some aux/bus.

As Steve mentioned, the fix is (and you should verify) is updating your Project song by creating a new song there. Remember to, (in song mode), every time you do a Save As, and rename, you lose the link to the Project song that is entered there. And you will have to send in that newest rendition. In other words, update will not take affect. This might even be occuring now. That's why it's paramount to have a different suffix or name to each version of a song.

Since it's repeatable and you've checked the above, definately create a ticket for the betterment of fixing the issue.

Just a side note, it is best and most reliable to convert all of your material to audio before sending to project. You truly don't have to. I've had many songs where I'm still working out some MIDI while sending to the Project Page, and Studio One has been remarkable in capturing things. Just saying, it's really pretty standard protocol to convert and mix all of your audio, then take the project plunge.

Really see why it's one track such as your drums, and not anything else. It may pay doing all the investigating, first (if you havent).
Hope it works out!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

5 posts
Page 1 of 1