5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all:

I'm trying to teach a friend how to use Studio One 5. If it works for her she will purchase Studio One 5 Professional. I have Studio One 5 Professional installed on my computer and she downloaded Studio One 5 Prime.

I would like to install Prime on my computer so that I can use that version of the software while she follows my actions closely. I would also like to demonstrate the differences between the Professional version vs the Prime version to show her what she will be getting if she makes the purchase.

So, as the title says, is it possible to run both versions on my computer simultaneously? If not, can I at least jump between versions without having to remove the activation from one version and then activate the other version, over and over during out Zoom meeting?

Thanks

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Tacman7 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 am
I've not actually done that but one of the ways you can upgrade is to leave the old version and install the new version separately.

Then you can go back if there's a problem with the new release etc.

You don't want to change DAW when you're almost finished with a project.

So anyway there should be no problem running them on the same machine.

They would have to have separate audio interfaces to run at the same time probably.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alfredohuerta on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:59 am
OK, but this would not be an upgrade. I already have the Pro version on my computer. I would like to install the Prime version on the same computer and leave the Pro version alone, then run either one of them as needed to teach my friend. It doesn't absolutely have to be simultaneous running of both programs.

I just don't want to fiddle with my Pro version and lose stuff by mistake or create an unnecessary headache for myself by trying to install the Prime version and then trying to figure out how to get the Pro version running again without any problems.

So, does anyone know if I can do that for sure?

Windows 10/64
by alfredohuerta on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:43 pm
Well, what if I were to register on Presonus for the Prime version of the software using a different username and email address than what I used for the Pro version that is already on my computer?

Would that be an allowable scenario where I could install both programs (Prime and Pro) on the same computer but ran only one at a time?

Windows 10/64
by SwitchBack on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:48 pm
I think it's the same software for all 3 versions, with a license for Artist or Pro installing extra content and then disclosing the additional features. Under Studio One > Studio One Activation you still have the option to Run Studio One Prime. That may be all it takes to temporarily dumb your version down to Prime. When you're done you can re-activate your license. If that wants to use another of your 5 installs then you can manage that yourself in your PreSonus account.

PS. Note that there's a 30-day trial period for new users to use S1 Professional free of charge. That way you can both run S1 Professional and you can point out what's missing in Artist and/or Prime using the comparison chart.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1