11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Recently I discovered that when I drag an event from a track that is packed in a folder, it behaves strangely.

20210408.gif

The behavior is normal for events that are not packed in pink folders. On the other hand, events packed in blue folders show up in a distant location when dragged, making it difficult to drag and drop them to the intended location. This problem reduce my work efficiency.

This has never happened before, so is this a bug? Or is there an option to fix it? I could not find it.

There was a topic that dealt with a similar issue like this, but the problem seems to be unresolved.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=42896&p=252266&hilit=folder+event#p252266

I am not a native English speaker, so this may be strange English. Thank you.
by Tacman7 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 am
Welcome to the Forum!

The folder it self lights up where ever events are inside it. So it moves when you move the events forward in time.

It looks like it doesn't want to drop events to the two tracks that are named the same as the first two. I'd see if renaming has any effect.

So basically looks normal except for that...

Good to put your specifications in your signature, click signature below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by tosalice on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am
Thanks for the reply.

Tacman7 wroteThe folder it self lights up where ever events are inside it. So it moves when you move the events forward in time.

I wasn't completely clear on this, but this happens regardless of the event or track name.

I tried to downgrade to 5.02 because it was interfering with my work. Then this does not happen.
20210408(2).gif
Working properly with 5.02

I feel like this is a bug, since this behavior did not occur before. Or do you mean this is a normal behavior that has changed since 5.1?

Studio OnePro5.2

Win10 i9 9900k
asrock z390
32gb ram
512GB SSD + 3TB HDD
by Tacman7 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am
May be some setting I don't know about but this is the way it's always been working for me.

FolderColor.gif

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by tosalice on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am
I have never seen that kind of folder behavior.

Maybe this is a specification that has been changed. Or something can be configured. But since it is an issue for me, I will use 5.02 for work for now and go for a support ticket when I get time.

Appreciate your replies.

Studio OnePro5.2

Win10 i9 9900k
asrock z390
32gb ram
512GB SSD + 3TB HDD
by robertgray3 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:39 am
tosalice wroteHi,
Recently I discovered that when I drag an event from a track that is packed in a folder, it behaves strangely.

20210408.gif

The behavior is normal for events that are not packed in pink folders. On the other hand, events packed in blue folders show up in a distant location when dragged, making it difficult to drag and drop them to the intended location. This problem reduce my work efficiency.

This has never happened before, so is this a bug? Or is there an option to fix it? I could not find it.

There was a topic that dealt with a similar issue like this, but the problem seems to be unresolved.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=42896&p=252266&hilit=folder+event#p252266

I am not a native English speaker, so this may be strange English. Thank you.

That is a bug but I’m not entirely sure in which cases it occurs. It should not be doing that.

I’m not sure if Tacman7 watched your first GIF so as to realize your second GIF is the expected behavior and the first is clearly unexpected.

Does the problem also occur with new empty songs created in 5.2.0? As in, not created from a template?

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Tacman7 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am
Yeah, I thought the first one was weird because he couldn't drop event on two tracks the other one looked normal.

To me...

Forum Moderator.

by tosalice on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:15 pm
robertgray3 wroteThat is a bug but I’m not entirely sure in which cases it occurs. It should not be doing that.

I’m not sure if Tacman7 watched your first GIF so as to realize your second GIF is the expected behavior and the first is clearly unexpected.

Does the problem also occur with new empty songs created in 5.2.0? As in, not created from a template?

Hi.

Indeed, I first discovered this problem when I was using a template created with SO older than 5.2. I expected that to be the cause and created an empty project in 5.2 and created a similar folder structure, but the problem still occurred. (The first gif is from a project I created without using a template.)

I need to verify this further for reporting to PreSonus, but I don't have time to do that right now due to work.

Studio OnePro5.2

Win10 i9 9900k
asrock z390
32gb ram
512GB SSD + 3TB HDD
by robertgray3 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:20 pm
I wasn’t able to duplicate it. Tried to set up my song the same way you show in the picture, and I even put Studio One in Japanese mode.

So either it’s limited to Windows or I’m missing some steps/settings you have on.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by tosalice on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:32 pm
I installed 5.2 again and tried it. Then I noticed a condition that causes the problem.

So far, the problem seems to occur when there is an empty folder containing an empty folder.
20210410(1).gif

Folder 2 in green contains empty Folders in yellow.
At this time, the events in Folder 1 and the events not contained in the folder behave normally; the events in Folder 4 behave strangely, as shown at the beginning of the topic.

With some manipulations, the problem will no longer occur.

20210410(2).gif
Delete Folder 2

20210410(3).gif
Place folder 4 above folder 2.

20210410(5).gif
Do not include empty Folders in Folders

20210410(4).gif
Place the instrument track in an empty folder.

There may be other conditions, but for now, these are all I have found.
I attach the .song file used for the gif is for verification.
Dragging_behavior.song
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Studio OnePro5.2

Win10 i9 9900k
asrock z390
32gb ram
512GB SSD + 3TB HDD
by robertgray3 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm
Yup, that's it. It is offset by the number of empty folders-in-folders above it minus one.

They've had to fix issues with placing tracks near other empty tracks before and it looks like this is one they must have missed.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2

11 posts
Page 1 of 1