10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Quick question please, and I'm sure I'm just being stupid here, although I've looked all over and can't find how to change this!

When in the piano roll I like to double click to create a note, I would expect this note to be the length of the quantize grid setting, ie if set to 16th I get a 16th note. However I don't, I get a much longer note no matter what the quantize is set to, which is frustrating to say the least. Anybody know how I can select the default note length in the piano roll please?

Many thanks in advance,
Bill

Studio One Professional 5.2, Intel i9, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, RME RayDAT
by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:56 am
Holding down control while using the scroll wheel will change the size of the tracks.

I like the thing at the bottom of the tracks that says small, normal, large etc., good to reset them when done working with them.

Learn many more important facts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE94S0eWHKQ

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by kisnou on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am
billhurst wroteWhen in the piano roll I like to double click to create a note, I would expect this note to be the length of the quantize grid setting, ie if set to 16th I get a 16th note. However I don't, I get a much longer note no matter what the quantize is set to, which is frustrating to say the least. Anybody know how I can select the default note length in the piano roll please?
l

Hey Bill,

It's weird. Are you sure you are changing the quantize grid in the editor/piano roll itself?
Remember that the quantize value you set in the main page where you see all your tracks is different from the one you set in the piano roll.
Maybe you have set the quantize in the main page to 16th notes but in the Editor view it might be set to a half note or a whole note.

P.S. Tacman I am afraid you might have misunderstood the original post ahah :+1

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by billhurst on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 am
Hi Guys,

Thanks for getting back to me! Tacman, I think maybe my explanation wasn't the best.... :)

Hi Kisnou, I have the quantize set in the editor window, its all a bit strange!

I have attached a screenshot, maybe I am doing something silly?

Thanks for your help,
Bill

Attachments
midinotesize.JPG

by billhurst on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:17 am
So when I double click I get a whole bars worth of note, also when using the paint tool the same thing happens... (Just to add)

by bz57 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:14 pm
Hey Bill,

You can select your note length right here:

notelength.png

Studio One Pro 5
PC, Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-3770, 32Gb, All SSDs
iMac, Mojave, Intel i7, 64Gb, NVMe/SSDs
by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:08 pm
I didn't want to cheat by reading the question.

So did you get it working like you like?

Never double clicked to add a note, learn something every day.

This was my rendition.

NoteEntry.gif

Usually I get the pencil and drag the note to the length I want when I create it.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by StuBabe on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 pm
You can set the grid value and note length independently. If I'm entering a line with mostly quarter notes with some eights, I will set my grid to eights and my notes to quarter. Then instead of switching the note length back and forth, I just shorten the specific quarters to an eight. Easy with snap on. I also have key commands for note and grid length. 4 for quarter, 8 for eight, 6 for sixteenth, etc. Cntrl+num will change the grid.

Mac Studio Ultra
128 GB Ram
Ventura 13.2
Studio One v6
by alfredohuerta on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 am
Mine works correctly by changing the value (1, 1/2, 1/4, etc) under the Quantize tab. Double clicking adds the note of the correct length and double clicking will also delete a note.

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by billhurst on Tue May 11, 2021 2:35 am
Thanks to you all!

Sorry about the late reply, all got a bit manic....

I got around my initial problem by setting the note length as per bz57's help, the quantize grid size made no difference. However, I have noticed that in some instances the quantize grid does indeed also change the note input size, maybe its a setting that I haven't figured out yet.... :-)

Cheers All,
Bill

10 posts
Page 1 of 1