24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hey guys, I switched over to a logitech trackball mouse (Mx Ergo) and now I can't side scroll (horizontal). Used to be able to do it with the Apple Magic Mouse when I hold down shift. I can side scroll in Pro Tools with the trackball mouse like how I've always done it but for some reason Studio One doesn't support this? Can anybody else with trackball mouse confirm this?

Thanks!!

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by Jemusic on Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:52 pm
Studio One does support this. I have got a Kensington trackball mouse and when I hold shift and move the outer ring, horizontal scrolling results. This is V4.6.2 on my Win 7 machine though.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Steve Carter on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:24 pm
I use the Logitech MX Master mouse and I can scroll horizontally in S1v5.2 using the side wheel (without holding shift) so it should be possible!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by ericma2 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:39 pm
Ok cool thanks guys for replies. I'm not sure what's up with my trackball mouse then. Side scroll works with the Console(Mixer) but not in the Editor window. There are no settings in the Logitech Options app. Hmmm I'm gonna email Logitech.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by jasonwolfe1 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 pm
Steve Carter wroteI use the Logitech MX Master mouse and I can scroll horizontally in S1v5.2 using the side wheel (without holding shift) so it should be possible!

You're able to scroll the timeline in arrangement view using the wheel without shift?

I can scroll the tracks in mixer view this way, but in arrangement I have to hold shift to scroll the timeline horizontally. Kind of a pain.
by Steve Carter on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:58 pm
“You're able to scroll the timeline in arrangement view using the wheel without shift?”

I think so - I’ve never used the shift button for scrolling in either direction using a Magic Mouse with an iMac or, as per my previous post, on my p.c. I wasn’t even aware that the shift button was involved in scrolling until it was mentioned in this thread!

To be sure, I’ll check that it’s working in both the arrangement page and the console when I’m next using S1.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by ericma2 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 am
I actually can side scroll without shift. I can do it by pushing the scroll wheel side to side. It's not as responsive and very clunky compared to actually SHIFT + Scroll Wheel scroll - which I really miss.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by ericma2 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 am
Oh hey just to confirm. The magic mouse does NOT require shift to side scroll. I just reconnected mine to test out. Might have to get a wrist pad and start using the magic mouse again.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Rkmusic on Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:56 pm
I’m having the same problem. I cannot scroll sideways with a Logitech mouse. I uninstalled Logitech software cause it was recommended but still no horizontal scroll.

Mac 2010-Mojave-Cubase 11-pro tools 2019-logic pro x-Studio one-Waves plugs-
by Steve Carter on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 pm
Can confirm horizontal scroll in the Arrangement page using side wheel on Logitech MX Master mouse without ‘shift’.

by jasonwolfe1 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:46 am
Seems a basic mouse can’t scroll horizontal without modifiers. That Logi Master with thumb wheel looks good though. Started using a Shuttle Express, covers all my scrolling and zoom actions.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:10 pm
I'm surprised ithe MX Ergo is not working in S1 only. I kind of remember something like that a while back.

It has the few extra buttons too. Bummer.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by ericma2 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 pm
I think what is is that Studio One uses [Shift] as a modifier for the mouse in the arrangement window so it disables side scroll with the track ball AND the scroll wheel. I can shift side scroll in the console window. Again, I can scroll when I push my scroll wheel left and right but it's really slow and clunky compared to actual side scrolling.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by Steve Carter on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 pm
The side scroll wheel on the MX Master has little mass inertia (doesn’t spin-on much, if at all, after setting in motion) so scrolls only as much as the the thumb action on the wheel - but it’s far better than nothing and good exercise for the thumb! :thumbup:

by MisterE on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:24 pm
Just got a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse and can easily move the entire arrangement left/right using the horizontal scroll button without engaging Shift.

But what if I want to move the project cursor left to right using the same horizontal scroll wheel? Is there any modifier to do that?

Or has anyone happened upon a video or doc showing what an advanced mouse like this can do in S1?

I see that holding Ctrl and using horizontal scroll stretches or reduces the recorded object's size. Shift and Alt by themselves do nothing, but Shift+Ctrl makes objects taller or shorter. Anyone else stumble upon anything else useful for navigation, editing, zooming, etc.?

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by frank.crow on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:18 pm
My first MX Ergo eventually failed and I had to purchase another.

I had assumed that I had damaged it but I now wonder if it was just the product.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by StudioOneExpert on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:54 pm
I use a Logitec mouse that uses Logitec Options software and this mouse works with all my programs with no issues. But in S1 when I hold down cmd + shift keys it zooms horizontally when it should be zooming vertically. I have tried a Logitech mouse that does not use Logitech Options software and the zooming works fine. I have 2 different mice the MX Ergo and the MX ANYWHERE 2 and they both have to use the Logitec Options software and do not work for Shift +CMD zoom. I also use other DAW's and these mice work perfectly with Shift +CMD zoom in all of them and all software I use but for S1.

This is a bug in S1 that needs to be worked out.
by ericma2 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:10 am
Yeah for real. I can SHIFT + Scroll in every application on my computer except Studio One. Studio One support says it's logitech's problem. In the mean time I'm using the scroll wheel left right buttons. It works but really slow and kills the creative flow when I'm rampaging through the arrangement window. I wish there was a better workaround.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by andybrylow on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:53 pm
A little late on this, but has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have the same issue, Logitech ergo plus mouse and cannot scroll horizontally by holding command shift and using scroll wheel. It does scroll horizontally by using horizontal scroll buttons but I would much prefer holding shift command and using scroll wheel up and down.
by chriszanbatist on Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:11 am
Hi to everyone..
Just found out that app works excellent with my Logitech mx ergo

https://mos.caldis.me

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2