59 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
This all started last Friday/Saturday when there was a system update for Windows 10.

I'm not sure why but every time I work on something on Studio One and then close it, it restarts on its own.

I even tried closing all of the song files and then closing the app from its Start position. The same thing happens.

The specs down below is slightly outdated from last I was here. I'm running version 5.2.0

EDIT: I was going to say I upgraded my rig a lot since I was last here but as it turns out, other than the version it's still pretty up to date.

Studio One 4 Professional 5.2.0 x64
Windows 10 Professional x64
Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867)
CyberPowerPC GUA600
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 hex-core processor
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC motherboard
32GB G-Skill RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

PreSonus Studio 26C
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
Darkglass AO900 amplifier
Radial Pro DI/RMP
Ibanez RG9QM with one EMG 909X bridge pickup
Ibanez RGA8 with EMG 808/808
Dingwall NG2 Laguna Seca Blue
Kalium Custom Steel bass strings
Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom 9-80 set
single bass string (120/145)
Joyo Bantamp Zombie
Wacom Intuos Pro M
by russellwagstaff on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:03 am
Happening to me too. I thought I was going mad :D
by russellwagstaff on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:05 am
Wanted to add. I've only noticed it since 5.2
by Tacman7 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:42 am
It's happening to me now. I opened an older song and it closed fine. So some plugin combo?
This did happen after I made a triple split guitar fx patch with lots of inserts. Now it happens on all current songs.

I am able to save, the only thing that happens is I get this after I shut down.

S1Crash1.jpg

I have to try opening and reopening more old songs and look for cause.

Closed ok when I didn't save it on close, 1 time, but it can happen with no save on close.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by WintermintP on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 am
@Tacman7

Yea, but shouldn't somebody alert the actual dev team or something about this...? o_O

Having to just use a workaround like that is not only additional headache but also, if I ever need to open up an old song file it ends up saving as if it were current gen and that happens again so...

Also, as a side note, there's nothing complex about what I'm doing FX chain wise.

CyberPowerPC GUA600
32GB G-Skill RAM

PreSonus Studio 26C
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
Radial Pro DI/RMP
Joyo Bantamp Zombie
Wacom Intuos Pro M
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:11 am
Happened to me but only once.

Bye......:roll:
by Tacman7 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:29 am
It's restarting the application but it just gets to that splash screen so you can click quit.

You get that screen when you start S1 also.

I think it's going to get plenty of attention.

It could just as easily be a win10 problem/interaction.

Is this happening to any mac users?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by Bbd on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:44 pm
Please contact Support about this issue.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by bruceqld on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:17 pm
Studio One 5 - the first DAW to ever uncrash!😂

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 pm
What it really is telling you is too work harder at whatever you are doing before closing it. It's a new feature.

by WintermintP on Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm
This is a serious problem that can crash the computer though.

That said, I'll have to take this to Support although I don't know if it'll even do much.

CyberPowerPC GUA600
32GB G-Skill RAM

PreSonus Studio 26C
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
Radial Pro DI/RMP
Joyo Bantamp Zombie
Wacom Intuos Pro M
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:46 pm
Well, I never have been good at levity it seems.

by Tacman7 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:43 am
I made some inquiries but I'm not really able to pin it down, they will but they need data.

I still have it happen most times but not all times.

Haven't heard from any mac users though...

Forum Moderator.

by dlrange on Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 pm
every time I open Uad dream verb it crashes Ive been back and forth with tech and no answer or solution I have never had this many crashes or issues
by PreAl on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:01 pm
dlrange wroteevery time I open Uad dream verb it crashes Ive been back and forth with tech and no answer or solution I have never had this many crashes or issues

You know the plugin that causes this, so create a new thread and list your specs in your signature, and your issue can be discussed. The more detail the better.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by lawajava on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 am
This issue has consistently been happening to me as well since 5.2.

Studio One Pro latest, Macbook Pro M3 Max, 64GB. 10TB SSD. Babyface Pro audio interface. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, NI Maschine Jam, NI Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S49 and S25, Guitars, Bass. Main mic is Shure SM7db.
by Tacman7 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:17 am
Welcome to the Forum dlrange!

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

So you opened a ticket with UA?

Need more info...

And yes good to start your own thread, Thank you AI!

Forum Moderator.

by dlrange on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:14 pm
o it has taken me a while to figure this out even sweetwater we couldn't figure it out my focals were popping with kick drum and basss. studio one 5 crashing a lot sound quality wasn't good either compared to luna or logic

so I uninstalled everything restarted same problems but its with old songs had dream verb was crashing etc

so yesterday I did 2 brand new songs from scratch after reinstalling studio one and cleaning.

no problems so anyone having problems try this and don't open any old or saved songs Im wondering is there a glitch with old songs and the updates everything is running fine as long as I don't open any previous material

Ive did like six new songs and no problems but once u open and old file it causes an issue
by Tacman7 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:30 pm
Yea it was a strange thing after a win 10 update several people were having problems.

It would come and go for me but after trying a lot of things it just seems to have gone away.

I boot up S1 clean and it closes without a crash screen even on the songs that were causing problems before.

Still need some info about your setup dlrange. If your symptoms are different you should start a new topic.

Forum Moderator.

by PreAl on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:33 am
dlrange wroteo it has taken me a while to figure this out even sweetwater we couldn't figure it out my focals were popping with kick drum and basss. studio one 5 crashing a lot sound quality wasn't good either compared to luna or logic

so I uninstalled everything restarted same problems but its with old songs had dream verb was crashing etc

so yesterday I did 2 brand new songs from scratch after reinstalling studio one and cleaning.

no problems so anyone having problems try this and don't open any old or saved songs Im wondering is there a glitch with old songs and the updates everything is running fine as long as I don't open any previous material

Ive did like six new songs and no problems but once u open and old file it causes an issue

If old projects aren't working and new projects are it certainly isn't windows libraries via windows update.

Try creating a new project and cutting/pasting/importing in tracks from an old project. That might do some cleanup.

Also try.updatong your plugin if you can.
Otherwise new thread please.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

59 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3