59 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
I have this issue every time I close 5.2 on PC win 10. I do Win updates.
by Steve Carter on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:38 pm
Same problem here - Windows up to date and new song created inside of 5.2..!!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Tacman7 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 am
It was happening to me most every time for a while.

I opened several different older songs that were able to close ok so seemed like some recent plugin thing I'm using maybe.

But it started happening less and less and I haven't seen a restart in over a week.

I haven't did another win10 upgrade or anything.

Seems to be a win10 issue, no mac people posted here.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by eaglepass on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:20 am
Just to add to the pile the same thing seems to be happening routinely to me.

Perhaps the same or a related occurrence is that the Safety Page keeps telling me there was an issue but gives no information as to what that might be. I then tell it to start normally and all seems to work fine. Unless I am missing a further step that I can take to get more information after this happens?

Studio One 6 Pro | Notion 6 | latest versions
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 7700K | GeForce GT 1030
RME HDSP 9632 | FaderPort 16 | ATOM | Monitor Station V2 | Komplete Kontrol S61 MK II | etc.
by PreAl on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:26 pm
Just a random idea/hunch, may come to nothing.

1) Take a note of your plugin folder paths stored in studio one.
2) Delete them all.
3) Reset blacklist
4) Restart studio one twice - important.
5) ONLY if necessary add the paths back in.

That often clears things.
My windows PC is up to date I have no such issue at my end.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by johnkrikawa on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 pm
bruceqld wroteStudio One 5 - the first DAW to ever uncrash!😂

It's the first software I've used in 35 years across 6 industries that uncrashes (thanks for the term). Really. I cannot think of one. It's kind of adorable. It wants to survive. Anyway, in my tests:

-a V4.?? file opened in V5.2 will not cause the unCrash.
-a v4.?? file opened in V5.2, then saved in V5.2 will not unCrash.
-a v5.0 < V5.2 file opened, whether resaved or not WILL cause the unCrash.

So it really seems to be a V5.2 issue that affects V5 files prior to V5.2.

My Windows was at the version from April of last year, so I upgraded it to the latest 20H2 version. It didn't change a thing with the Studio One issue. A stab in the dark would be that is somehow related to the new "safe" restart capability in V5.2, but again that's just a guess.

i7-3770 3.4GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M | 32 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | RME Babyface Pro FS
Studio One 6.2.1
by johnkrikawa on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Studio One 6.2.1
by johnkrikawa on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 pm
Steve Carter wroteSame problem here - Windows up to date and new song created inside of 5.2..!!

Steve, did you use a template to start your v5.2 song by any chance? Just curious.

Studio One 6.2.1
by Steve Carter on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 pm
No template used.

The song started as a MP4 video from a retirement party a couple of years back that I gigged at. Used the rebalance plug-in from Izotope RX8 (stand alone mode) to split the audio into 4 parts, which were then imported as wave files into a ‘New Song’ in S1v5.2 and worked on there.

A variety of plugins are being used, mainly third party. I did download from the internet a midi file as a reference whilst creating a new drum track for the song with Superior Drummer 3 and also played and recorded a replacement bass track. Used Melodyne Studio 4 in an attempt to improve the ‘alcohol affected’ vocal performance, at least that’s what he claims!

The end result; well let’s say that it’s difficult to polish a turd but I had fun, I might even dip a tentative toe into the video facilities in S1 to overdub the old audio with the new but not sure if the video can be time stretched to match the manipulated audio.

All in S1v5.2....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
by PreAl on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:56 am
johnkrikawa wroteUpvote bug issue here:
https://answers.presonus.com/66230/stud ... nyone-else

As this is involved with a new feature I would hope it would be fixed in the next version anyway as a regression bug. You've tried all the suggestions here? You have created a ticket with support?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by johnkrikawa on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm
Steve Carter wroteNo template used.

The song started as a MP4 video from a retirement party a couple of years back that I gigged at. Used the rebalance plug-in from Izotope RX8 (stand alone mode) to split the audio into 4 parts, which were then imported as wave files into a ‘New Song’ in S1v5.2 and worked on there.

OK, that seems to rule out my theory that it is a bug related to V5.0 < V5.2 files. Then what are we left with? Specific VSTs or just a random bug, that re-runs Studio One after we close it?

Studio One 6.2.1
by johnkrikawa on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:24 pm
PreAl wrote

As this is involved with a new feature I would hope it would be fixed in the next version anyway as a regression bug. You've tried all the suggestions here? You have created a ticket with support?

PreAI,
Thanks for your response. I read all of the previous posts and tried the proposed solutions. None of them affected my results. I did not create a ticket as I thought the link above was looked at by Presonus.
Best,
John

Studio One 6.2.1
by PreAl on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:27 pm
johnkrikawa wrote
PreAl wrote

PreAI,
Thanks for your response. I read all of the previous posts and tried the proposed solutions. None of them affected my results. I did not create a ticket as I thought the link above was looked at by Presonus.
Best,
John

I would create a ticket.

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:59 pm
This only happened to me once or twice. What could possibly cause it to happen so frequently?

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 pm
There was a windows update today on mine. I wonder if it fixes anything?

Bye......:roll:
by webhamster on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:56 am
I've been having this in 5.2 as well. Mostly it were incompatible plugins (Exponential audio R4, Mastering the Mix levels) that especially have issues at higher sample rates.

One thing I've noticed is that it happens less if I do 'close' first to close the song. Somehow 'close all' seems to crash S1 more often than a 'single' close for me.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by jasonwolfe1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:01 pm
FWIW, my support ticket told me to uninstall and reinstall S1 (for Windows). I did this, am still going through some projects to see if it fixed.
by garymust on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:23 pm
I started a track yesterday and this behaviour started.

It now happens every time i close this song down in S1 either by just shutting S1 down or by closing the song and then S1.

I can tell it's going to do it as the curser will give the spinning wheel briefly and then again before S! starts up again. If I only get one spinning wheel then it doesn't

I've tried creating a new song from scratch and loading up a load of plugins and no restarts.

It has to be to with the new crash protection or memory because if i remove some of my heavier plugins from the song and save it to another name it only reboots once and then shutdown as you'd expect. I still get one spinning cursor wheel :D
by PreAl on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:50 pm
PreAl wroteJust a random idea/hunch, may come to nothing.

1) Take a note of your plugin folder paths stored in studio one.
2) Delete them all.
3) Reset blacklist
4) Restart studio one twice - important.
5) ONLY if necessary add the paths back in.

That often clears things.
My windows PC is up to date I have no such issue at my end.

Did anybody bother having a go at this?

by Steve Carter on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 pm
Got to admit I haven’t but I’m sending a reminder to my studio p.c. and I’ll give it a try next time I fire up S1.

Thanks.....

59 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3