5 posts
Page 1 of 1
In previous versions, if you use the "Range" tool to select a set of tracks or events. You could drag that to a folder in the S1 browser to dump raw track files.

The nice thing about this feature, is it would combine any events on a track, pad tracks at the beginning or end, etc. Such that if you highlighted a group of tracks (all with many events, etc.) on it, with the range tool, then drug those tracks to a file folder. It would produce one file per track with all the audio from each track in raw form (no FX, no anything). So it effectively merged all the events, padded the tracks, and created one file per track, bypassing all the FX, faders, busses, etc.

In 5.2, I do the same thing, but when I drag it to a folder it throws up the circle with a line through it and doesn't allow you to do that.

Has anyone else tried this? It's an extremely useful feature for those of us who do remote mixing work. I'm not exactly sure if it changed with 5.2 or some previous release, I can't remember what version I was on last time I needed it.

Thanks, gabo

For those unfamiliar, this is different from stems. Well it's actually the same as track stems, IF you went and disabled all the FX, sends, busses, and set all the faders to 0. But that's a lot of trouble.

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by Jemusic on Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:26 am
This is still working the same way except there is a slight change now.

Use the range tool as mentioned and range over as many tracks as you are after and also from the start point to the end point. Now right click this range and a menu appears. Go down to Export Selection. Another window opens up and here you can choose where they will all go and give all the exported files a title.

Raw tracks are still all exported and all the same length as well. (ie multiple events on one track are all consolidated etc)

Its not a straight drag the range now to the browser. They have added some extra features such as where to put them and title all the exported files. Its a welcome improvement.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by roland1 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:27 am
It might have been better to have that info/option window come up automatically after dragging. This is how it has always worked for individual MIDI and audio files being dragged to the browser.

In that way, it doesn't confuse the user into believing the action can't be taken simply because they failed to right click first.

That said, there's always something to learn here.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Steve Carter on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:39 am
Had the same issue as the post-er yesterday, ended up doing it longhand! Have thanked Jemusic for his reply, I’ll check out the right-click option next time...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by garybowling on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 am
Yes, been away a few days..

Thanks Je for that, not sure how I missed it, but glad there is still a way to do this! Whew!

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf

5 posts
Page 1 of 1