21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hi folks!
Hope all you ppl keeping well.

Below issue only on my laptop, an aging HP Elitebook 8460p.

Brand new user, purchased S1 5 recently, updated to 5.2 now. Hope to be spending a lot of time here.
Amplitube 5 will not show up with a GUI. Waves v9 plugins neither.
HP 8460p i5 sandybridge i think laptop with 8gm Ram.
Works fine with Reaper.

Screenshot attached.
Thanks a ton for dropping by!

Best!

Attachments
Untitled.png
Last edited by Sidhu on Mon May 10, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top of my head system specs, upgrades due.
Workstation : Intel i7 3820 || DX79TO, 16gig RAM || GT710 Graphics || M-audio FW1820 / Presonus SL24 (1st gen) interface

Portable : HP Elitebook 8460p, 8gig Ram, 256GB SSD OS, 1TB 7200 upgrade bay, Intel i5 2520m
Focusrite Scarlet 4i4 3rd gen / MOTU microbook II

S1 v5.2 / Waves v9 plugins
by Sidhu on Mon May 10, 2021 9:59 am
Hell all folks! Hope all are keeping well.
I am only just starting out with Studio one. Past year has been a mess and I have not had the time.
Ill keep posting any queries here, and would be grateful for any advice.

I come from the standard Pro Tools Cubase background, but have been dormant in the studio for years. And expect to do a fair bit of audio recording and editing.1i

A couple of things are really throwing me off, am I right in assuming the following :

1. Preroll cannot be engaged for playback ??
2. Preroll does not work with autopunch. ????
3. Range does not define autopunch area, only loop markers do.

Thanks folks! Ill keep at it.

Workstation : Intel i7 3820 || DX79TO, 16gig RAM || GT710 Graphics || M-audio FW1820 / Presonus SL24 (1st gen) interface

Portable : HP Elitebook 8460p, 8gig Ram, 256GB SSD OS, 1TB 7200 upgrade bay, Intel i5 2520m

by leosutherland on Mon May 10, 2021 12:11 pm
Welcome, Sidhu :D

May I make a suggestion? Please create a signature that has your system info (versions, plugs, system H/W, etc. That way we will be able to better help you if you have problems - seriously

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by Tacman7 on Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

That's a drag not getting your plugins working. So your other plugins work and these show up like they work but they're black?

Ya, I would open a support ticket, click below in my signature.

This is the metronome setup, and info about preroll.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/R ... %20preroll

Yea loop markers are used to define the are to be recorded, or exported etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by OneFingerSnap on Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm
Hi Sidhu, same boat here, I've been using S1 for the las 2 weeks.

About the Waves plugins, I had the same problem with the UI's being all messed up - a very small plugin UI with a big red background. It's a Waves issue. Unfortunately, the only way to get them working is to upgrade to version 12. Their upgrade policy sucks and they don't support their products with necessary bug fixes when this type of stuff happens. I'm trying to drop their plugins because of this but I still have to use a few. I ended up paying for the upgrade for those I couldn't live without.

Good luck with S1!

Studio One 6.5.2.97444 macOS ARM64 (Built on December 13 2023)
MacOS Ventura 13.6.5
Mac Studio M2 Max
RAM 64 GB
SSD 4 TB
UAD Apollo x8p + 2x UAD Satellite TB Octa Core + UAD Apollo Twin Quad Mk II
PreSonus Faderport 8
PreSonus ATOM SQ
PreSonus ATOM
Softube Console 1
by OneFingerSnap on Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 pm
Sidhu wroteHell all folks! Hope all are keeping well.
I am only just starting out with Studio one. Past year has been a mess and I have not had the time.
Ill keep posting any queries here, and would be grateful for any advice.

I come from the standard Pro Tools Cubase background, but have been dormant in the studio for years. And expect to do a fair bit of audio recording and editing.1i

A couple of things are really throwing me off, am I right in assuming the following :

1. Preroll cannot be engaged for playback ??
2. Preroll does not work with autopunch. ????
3. Range does not define autopunch area, only loop markers do.

Thanks folks! Ill keep at it.

Also a newbie here, but I think I may help. For sure many users know more than me so I might be wrong, but this is what I think, regarding your questions:

1. As far as I know, there's no Preroll for playback.

2. Somewhere in the settings you can define in seconds how long before the autopunch S1 begins recording in the background. I know this is not what you asked but it may help a bit. All this issues have to do with what I mention in 3.

3. Unfortunately, the punch system in S1 is worse than in Pro Tools, in my opinion. There should be a way to define a punch recording section independent from the loop section, and so far there's no way to do this. This is the single most important thing that S1 is missing, in my opinion.

I suggest you visit the forum section for S1 feature requests and upvote this feature - someone else also requested it and it's there somewhere. Sort the forum section by number of votes and it's not too far down. I only wish it was the most voted request...

Studio One 6.5.2.97444 macOS ARM64 (Built on December 13 2023)
MacOS Ventura 13.6.5
Mac Studio M2 Max
RAM 64 GB
SSD 4 TB
UAD Apollo x8p + 2x UAD Satellite TB Octa Core + UAD Apollo Twin Quad Mk II
PreSonus Faderport 8
PreSonus ATOM SQ
PreSonus ATOM
Softube Console 1
by Sidhu on Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 am
I could have sworn i posted a reply last night... duh!
Thanks for taking the time and replying folks! Appreciate it.

Thats a shame really, Im hoping I can do some clever macro tricks to get some form of functionality back. Im quite surprised, anyhowz lets see how we get along.

EDIT : Loop follows selection seems to take care of the following query. No preroll, so macro land it is. The reason im flummoxed guess is cause studio one does not seem to have any 'punch out' functionality. Or record range etc.
Alsp Shift+P for loop selection, P is soop selection snapped.
Ill let this query be for others if confused. Hope thats ok, thank you.

Another one, so say I want to auto punch in a short syllable less than a bar long, from measure 4.2 thru to 4.3, I select the range, hit P to move loop markers to range, but loop markers snap to closest 1 bar measure. Image attached. Am I supposed to manually then drag the loop range to relevant punch area ??

Autopunch loop.png

Thanks a ton folks! Be safe.

by Tacman7 on Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 am
Turn off snap? or change to an event snap setting.

I don't really find that good of results in that approach.

Comping makes it easier to just do more takes of the whole phrase/section and comp to get what you want for me.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by Sidhu on Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 am
Thanks a ton Tac! I found a couple of options that sorted out the range and loop selection thingie. So that is good. Updated remarks on the original post.
Yes, I can see how looping to bar will keep comping very tidy!

I have also make a couple of macros that :
For preroll during autopunch (mostly so i can get punch out functionality I think)
1.Go to start of loop, rewind 2 bars and record. Its similar to what i would expect from preroll enabled in autopunch mode, except for i am stuck at 2 bars. And need to enable autopunch manually, else with a macro it toggles.
2. Same as above except for playback only. Enter key on Numpad now becomes play with 2 bars rewind 'macro'

Hopefully it will remain transparent enough.

Another couple :

Hotkey to shift entire loop by 1 bar at a time or quantize value ?
    I would like to know what my PDC per channel is ? And what PDC each plugin in reporting. This makes it easier for me to do redubs on heavily processed channels and im aware of which plgins in the chain can cause unacceptable latency. Minor though.

Cheers!

by Sidhu on Thu May 13, 2021 4:52 pm
Hey folks!

I just realised, after much confusion, default location settings is common to all custom settings (macros, keycommands etc) as well as session. Wish they seperate default session location. Is this a resonable request ?

be safe!

by Sidhu on Sat May 22, 2021 1:53 am
Hello!
Seeking assistance in workflow which would involve video. I see S1 has no video track, so thats a bummer.

>How to I snap to cursor ? With event it can be argued cut/paste would work, but I am looking to snap temp change points and automation point to specific points in the timeline.

>How do I go to event end ?

Thanks folks!

by Tacman7 on Sat May 22, 2021 7:07 am
There's a lot of ways to do things in S1.

Good to understand the snap settings and what you can do with it.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/E ... light=snap

Like if you are pasting things in you might want to use event snapping, which would let you put something at the beginning or end of an event.

There's a setting in here where any event you click on the cursor will be moved to the start of that event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUem3U8_LE

Forum Moderator.

by Sidhu on Thu May 27, 2021 1:05 pm
Thank you for taking the time here folks.
A quick question regarding zoom.
I would like to toggle the horizontal zoom state centred around playhead.
Currently it seems previous zoom state is stored with position.

Thank you folks and take care please.

Best.

by Tacman7 on Thu May 27, 2021 5:58 pm
So many ways to do things, just have to find your workflow.

The A to Z of Zooming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE94S0eWHKQ

Forum Moderator.

by Sidhu on Thu May 27, 2021 11:20 pm
Thanks Tacman!

That is what I have been attempting. :)
Just wanting to know if there are neat tricks im missing out on.

Ill keep the queries coming.

by Sidhu on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:10 am
Hey folks! Hope you all doing well!

Quick help, I was sure sometime I enables a keycommand that would expand the height of the selected track in the edit window and for the life of me cannot find it anywhere. Am I mistaken in the assumption?

Thanks a ton!

by Tacman7 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:27 am
In the shortcuts for console are two toggle commands, toggle size and toggle width.

Toggle size shows shift/F3 so F3 for mixer and Shift for size.

The other one isn't assigned.

Forum Moderator.

by Sidhu on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:31 am
Hey thanks Tacman!
Im ok with the console settings, I was looking for an option which would auto expand the height on selected track in the Edit window, as such :

Attachments
Untitled.png

by Sidhu on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:28 am
Hey all!

I have a short audio clip where I have manually inserted some bend markers.
When I hit Q to quantize, S1 adds another whole bunch of bend markers and then quantizes to all. I want S1 to only quantize the bend markers I have added. Any clues ?

Thanks a ton!

by Sidhu on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 am
Hi folks!

Hope all goes well.
Im looking for a way to skip to next event on selected track during playbak ?

I have assigned a shortkey to Transnport -> Goto next event, and while this places the playhead on the start of the next event when paused, during playback I get another yellow cursor at the start of the next event while the playhead continues playing normally.

The yellow cursor disappears when i stop playback. :hunf:

*Figured the yellow cursor thingie out. Next page post.

Thanks a ton folks!

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 4830 times
Last edited by Sidhu on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2