5 posts
Page 1 of 1
In Studio One 5.1.1 they introduced a "fix" that makes the Note Editor remember last piano roll / view state on a per-track basis, so now my zoom level jumps all the time based on the tracks i selects. Is anyone else bothered by this? It makes it impossible for me to work in the midi editor with multiple tracks. I created a feature request to at least have a toggle to disable this behaviour and go back to the old one. Please upvote if you struggle with this too.

https://answers.presonus.com/65993/pref ... rack-basis

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB
by sdinoia on Sun May 16, 2021 11:37 am
Adding 2 videos.
One shows how studio one 5.1.0 was working (midi editor zoom is independent of selected region) and the other one show how it works in 5.2.1 (midi editor remember last zoom per selected region).
I opened a ticket asking to have an option to turn the "note editor remembers last zoom" off but they say they can't replicate my issue.
So can anyone please confirm if it's just me having the issue?
If you are on 5.2.1 is it behaving like i show in the 5.2.1 video or the 5.1.0 video?
thanks

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] 5.2.1.mov [ 45.54 MiB | Viewed 1454 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] 5.1.0.mov [ 35.16 MiB | Viewed 1454 times ]

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB
by patricemazmanian on Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 am
Unable to play your video the screen is black! even with VLC

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by Tacman7 on Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am
That's how it's working for me, it remembers how I left it.

EditSize.gif

It's easy to change the size of the notes holding the control key and using the wheel.

I don't know, if I'm working on something I don't want it to resort to some default state because I needed to get to something on another track...

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by sdinoia on Mon May 17, 2021 4:38 pm
thanks for verifying that.
Funny how technical support has a different behaviour and can't reproduce this.
I'd just like it to work as it was before, which same as any other daw really.
Having the zoom level changing every time i click a region is just madness for me.
Also i use a trackpad so vertical zoo is basically unusable by how fast it is zooming in studio one.

For the video i'm not sure about VLC, mine is reading them fine with both quicktime and vlc

Studio One Pro 6.5.1
Mac OS Ventura
Mac Pro 2019
128 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
1TB internal SSD
2TB + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
RME Fireface UCX USB

5 posts
Page 1 of 1