96 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I don't know what to say, it needs fixing. If Gregor isn't correct, it's just propaganda.

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:24 pm
roland1 wroteDid Gregor have grey hair before he did this sidechaining video? I don't think so.
Just sayin'... Something's up. :D

He's had it for a while. I boned up on the versions and releases, he and Joe Gilder are basically family now.

by adrienbonnet2 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:47 pm
garyanderson5 wroteTotlal rubbish that Gregor video. Sorry to correct you Gregor put your plain wrong. Saying it was always this way is untrue. I can't believe he would even come out with something like this. Is this Presonus way of avoiding the fact they made an epic distaster of a mistake by makeing everyone who reported it look stupid. I just tried this again with both midi and audio and like everyone has posted before this never existed in anything but 5.1 and 5.2 period.

Pic below of a test that took 10mins to set up using both midi and audio in V4. 116.3MS of delay on the buss and both sidechains are perfectly in time. Disgracefull on every level Presonus.

Says it always existed...what is v5.0.0, v5.0.1, v5.0.2? Those work just fine without this "fix". Is Gregor serious?
by robertgray3 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Gregor’s talking about something different (or the workaround happens to work for both cases), it’s not some grand cover up. There are situations where side-chain latency has always been limited but they involve monitoring and Dropout Protection and they’re not the same as this new (well, multiple versions “new”) issue.

As annoying as it is to have to do my work in a different version of my DAW, I’m pretty sure Presonus knows about this. Whether they know that it is actually a showstopper for a large group people I’m not so sure about.
Last edited by robertgray3 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Alright then, call off snake oil dude.

by roland1 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:54 pm
Darn it. I had already lit my torch and was sharpening my pitchfork. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until the next rally. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by garyanderson5 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:16 pm
Ofc it's not a cover up. It's called put a work around out quick because weve had endless complaints and need to save face because we dismissed people that actually know what there talking about who made tickets from October last year. It's not Gregors fault and i understand he is trying to help but it should never of come to this. Just acknowledge there is a problem and deal with it. Don't wait 5 months making people look bad that reported it over and over again then pop a work around out 5 months later like its just cropped up. :(

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by risotto on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:26 am
I highly appreciate that there is a video reaction on this with a workaround. To integrate this into a large pop/rock arrangement is sadly a complete mess but could be somewhat done, so if it is needed to work in 5.1+ than this could be a solution.
I'm a bit afraid, that this could mean, that the problem won't be solved in the near future.

S1Pro
by garybowling on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:48 am
At least it seems this thread has accomplished it's intended purpose! Getting Gregor to do a workaround video indicates they now understand how important this is.

I would expect a fix in the next release or at least soon. Fingers crossed.

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 11, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by roland1 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:18 am
garybowling wrote...
I would expect a fix in the next release or at least soon. Fingers crossed.

gabo

Or a discount coupon for Cubase or Digital Performer. :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by SMcNamara on Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:50 am
shallsoul wroteHello! Gregor just post some...video

Thanks for posting this, which I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I check Presonsus' YT channel pretty much everyday and was surprised when I saw this video posted. I went back to the YT channel and sure enough, this video is not there -- then I noticed it says "unlisted" under the video title.

How were you able to see this originally...I'd like to see if there are other instructional or tutorial videos I've missed.

Thanks!

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by stefanrauch1 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:39 am
If you need a temporary workaround, then I'd propose this:
phpBB [video]

No need for Ghost Busses, but it still gets complicated very quick.
TBH, the PITA and FOMO of being stuck in v5.02 is IMO preferable. (sorry, didn't find an abbreviation for "preferable" ;-)

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by roland1 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:15 am
So, the current solution for this problem is to transfer your mixdown to Studio One 5.02.

by kisnou on Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:55 am
Personally, I have one question: why is that video unlisted? How are we supposed to watch it if it's unlisted?

Very shady. This is really not a good thing in my opinion.

Also I have to agree on the fact that 'half-baked' is and will be the right term to describe what Presonus does.
It pisses me off cause I strongly believe it would easily become a great DAW, but they keep adding features on top of each other without fixing all the bugs that they have created. I really don't get it.
Do they think that fans just want more features? If you ask all the producers who have tried S1, 90% of them will tell you they don't use it because of the many bugs/problems it has.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am
kisnou wrotePersonally, I have one question: why is that video unlisted? How are we supposed to watch it if it's unlisted?

Very shady. This is really not a good thing in my opinion.

Also I have to agree on the fact that 'half-baked' is and will be the right term to describe what Presonus does.
It pisses me off cause I strongly believe it would easily become a great DAW, but they keep adding features on top of each other without fixing all the bugs that they have created. I really don't get it.
Do they think that fans just want more features? If you ask all the producers who have tried S1, 90% of them will tell you they don't use it because of the many bugs/problems it has.

Nothing compared to the state Sonar was in..but I do agree that bug fixing needs to be number one priority always.

BTW anybody with a link can watch an unlisted video. Not shady at all, Presonus don't want to go around promoting their bugs.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by kisnou on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:04 am
PreAl wrote
kisnou wrote
BTW anybody with a link can watch an unlisted video.

Yeah I know, but where was that link posted originally? I believe all S1 users should know about this issue? There are many many people who don't always check the forums..

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:07 am
kisnou wrote
PreAl wrote
kisnou wrote
BTW anybody with a link can watch an unlisted video.

Yeah I know, but where was that link posted originally? I believe all S1 users should know about this issue? There are many many people who don't always check the forums..

Well you found it and so did I. There is no issue. There is no harm giving somebody the URL. I would rather have the video than nothing at all.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:43 am
PreAl wrote
Snake oil fix?

Yes this needs fixing yesterday by developers, but in the meantime anything that can help from Presonus employees is welcome. Thankyou Gregor for your efforts and this workaround (btw he actually calls it a workaround in the video, not a fix).

Totally agree Al. Snake Oil implies that it is something being sold for a high amount of money that does nothing. I woujldn't even call this a band-aid fix, as that implies that it is being covered up in hopes the issue will go away. Workaround, as Gregor calls it, is the best thing to call it. Workaround implies it's a known issue. Here is how to get around it, while we look at ways to fix this in the future.

If Presonus had no intention of fixing this, they surely wouldn't have had one of their employees post this workaround video. They would have tried to bury this in hopes we forget about it. Fortunately, Presonus isn't that kind of company.

But anyway, here here. Gregor is amazing. Probably learned more from his videos than anyone else's. Glad he found this workaround until Presonus can get this fixed

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by roland1 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Gregor is an employee. He does as he's told or he loses his job. This has nothing to do with him.

It's more about the lack of transparency when there is a serious issue with the product for which we have paid outright, or are paying for on a monthly basis.

A workaround may be useful in a simple situation, but it contradicts the whole ideology of Studio One, which is to be simple and efficient (drag and drop; everything made easier than other DAWs). That something so fundamental to the creative process of their target audience is left broken for so many months is unthinkable. But here we are.

But yes, let's not focus on Gregor or suggest that he is somehow "in on it." He's just doing his job to make people happy in using that product — and putting out fires that others have started.

by PreAl on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 pm
Meanwhile back in the world of reality, milking the circular argument for all it's worth...

phpBB [video]

96 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5