96 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PreAl wroteI do agree that bug fixing needs to be number one priority always.

I mostly agree with this, but I think a qualifier that should be made, perhaps, is that bugs in tools with no realistic alternative should be number one priority. Even though I use the Scratch Pad a lot, if it wasn’t working properly I wouldn’t mind if they added Sound Variations before fixing it. There is no alternative tool for the audio engine, automation, or instrument monitoring, which is why those three issues had such long contentious threads (this one included) when they came up in the last year and a half.

Presonus don't want to go around promoting their bugs.

I get this but if this is really their line of thinking I am so not a fan of this. Image Line’s staff (Fruity Loops) keeps a live issue tracking thread up and they have in one form or another for... what, a decade or so? A company’s culture really has to want their customers to feel reassured that they are on top of it though and I think few do. That’s one of the only pieces of software developed by a large team I’ve ever seen do that. Not just in music.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:59 pm
It's irrelevant if you are a fan or not of full bug disclosure. It's Presonus's product and it's up to them how transparent they are.

And in my irrelevant opinion yes I prefer bug lists to be made public, tracked and prioritised in public much like open source software.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:43 pm
Well, hopefully we can get this all sorted out without too many insults and hurt feelings, In the meantime...if you happen to see people running the opposite way, it may be because... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StG2u5qfFRg

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by JimmiG on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm
Just did some experimentation at my end and can definitely confirm the issue.

Any latency-inducing plugins put before the side-chained compressor gets compensated fine, but anything you put after the compressor messes up the sidechain.

Of course it's not obvious unless the plugin introduces a lot of latency (tens or hundreds of ms). However, even a low-latency plugin can have a subtle effect and makes the groove of the sidechain feel off.

Here's a quick example:
Just a stock compressor on the bus, receiving the kick via sidechain: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bmgxc2nwlpyg8l/PDC1.wav?dl=0
Same setup but with a high-latency plugin after the comp. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d5nemxkf7ar3m7/PDC2.wav?dl=0

Also when you're using plugins like Trackspacer or Dynamic EQ plugins, it's very important that the timing is spot on, otherwise it won't catch fast transients. No point in ducking the track 50ms after the transient...

If it were some minor annoyance it might be understandable, but side-chaining and PDC are pretty fundamental features in a DAW. It's really worrisome that such a serious issue isn't getting the highest priority. This shouldn't be happening in a "professional" DAW in 2021.
Last edited by JimmiG on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
by leonordmann on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:45 pm
Hey guys, I'm having an issue that might be tied to this sidechain latency issue. I made a new thread though as it seemed more fit.

Would be cool if you can check it out.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=44504

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
Ryzen 2700x 8 x 4GHz (16 Threads)
G.Skill ddr4 RAM 16 GB @ 3000 MHz
ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Motherboard
Kingston m.2 ssd 1 TB

Other Gear:
Studio One 5.2.1.64495
RME Babyface Pro
Arturia Microfreak
Behringer Deepmind 6
Korg Minilogue

Check out my Music (Psydub, Psychedelic Dance Music):
https://leonordmann.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/leonordmann
by JimmiG on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:01 am
Any idea when this is getting fixed?
I've resorted to mixing in FL Studio for now because it's just not possible to work with things like sidechained compressors, dynamic EQ's like TDR Nova, Trackspacer etc. in Studio One at the moment. As soon as you combine sidechaining with latency-inducing plugins the entire sidechain signal goes out of sync.

It's kind of embarrassing that such a fundamental feature as plugin delay compensation has been partially broken for over half a year now without an official statement. What was the point of paying for the v5 upgrade if this is going to say broken for a large part of the v5 life cycle?
by garyanderson5 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 am
JimmiG wroteAny idea when this is getting fixed?
I've resorted to mixing in FL Studio for now because it's just not possible to work with things like sidechained compressors, dynamic EQ's like TDR Nova, Trackspacer etc. in Studio One at the moment. As soon as you combine sidechaining with latency-inducing plugins the entire sidechain signal goes out of sync.

It's kind of embarrassing that such a fundamental feature as plugin delay compensation has been partially broken for over half a year now without an official statement. What was the point of paying for the v5 upgrade if this is going to say broken for a large part of the v5 life cycle?

Exactly. :thumbup:

I hope it's soon or i am done with anything Presonus. Like you i am using another DAW as well as S1 V4. It's obviously a major problem as they can't even do a patch for this one issue that's a show stopper for a lot of people. I don't believe anything this company says anymore after the song and dance they gave experienced users who reported this twice over the last 7 months. It showed just how bad they are at listening to customers and fixing the problem in a reasonable time.The balls in there court now.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by kisnou on Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm
I am also waiting for this to be fixed asap. I wish they could stop giving us so many features with every update and maybe fix the broken ones instead. A big update with major and minor fixes, a full cleanup, would be needed.
It feels like they just want us to forget about the problems and that stuff is really not good, it feels shady to me.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by robertgray3 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:56 pm
kisnou wroteI am also waiting for this to be fixed asap. I wish they could stop giving us so many features with every update and maybe fix the broken ones instead. A big update with major and minor fixes, a full cleanup, would be needed.
It feels like they just want us to forget about the problems and that stuff is really not good, it feels shady to me.

A lot of times in a full point update (.1 to .2) they don’t document all the bug fixes for some reason but from checking songs with issues I’m positive there were a lot of fixes in 5.2. For example, a couple graphical issues with ARA and GUI switching were gone.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt...

I suspect an update will be released within the next 3 weeks (speculation of course),

I would also place bets that it will be fixed in the next release, or the one after (maybe two months after that), considering there have been plenty of eyeballs on it.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by garyanderson5 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:24 pm
Latest update to 5.2.1 has fixed this issue for me. I am so happy they sorted this. Thanks to everyone for getting behind this one. It's been the bain of my life this sidechain latency not being reported. I hope it's all good for you guys now. Grab the update :)

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by kisnou on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:10 pm
garyanderson5 wroteLatest update to 5.2.1 has fixed this issue for me. I am so happy they sorted this. Thanks to everyone for getting behind this one. It's been the bain of my life this sidechain latency not being reported. I hope it's all good for you guys now. Grab the update :)

Yeah, I think it's this fix from the patch notes:

● No latency compensation on side-chained channels

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by roland1 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:37 pm
Praise the lawd!!! :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Baphometrix on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:59 pm
Can confirm. 5.2.1 finally fixes the issue.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by juhaseppnen on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:03 pm
Another confirmation, issues is now fixed.

Studio One Pro 5.5.2.86528
Windows 10 - 8700k - 16 GB - MSI Z370 Sli Plus
Arturia Keylab 88
Presonus Studio 1824c
by leonordmann on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 am
All good for me too now. Seems like they really listened to us with this patch and I'm happy with all the other fixes too.

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
Ryzen 2700x 8 x 4GHz (16 Threads)
G.Skill ddr4 RAM 16 GB @ 3000 MHz
ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming Motherboard
Kingston m.2 ssd 1 TB

Other Gear:
Studio One 5.2.1.64495
RME Babyface Pro
Arturia Microfreak
Behringer Deepmind 6
Korg Minilogue