4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I use an awful lot of automation when I'm building a track and sometimes having a vast amount of automation is not practical to work with...it's messy having there own separate automation lanes and can get easily confusing when hidden underneath the track. A cool trick I have seen in ableton is multiple macro knobs that can be automated and you can assign any parameter of any plugin to any macro knob....which would save a lot of time if you want 10-20+ parameters following the same automation. I haven't stumbled across anything like this YET in studio one but is this possible? Thanks in advance for any feedback :-)
by scottyo7 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:29 pm
I do a lot of Automation but maybe not as much as you. ;)
Please read the manual as I'm sure S1 does it a bit differently than Ableton.

There are also tutorials on S1 Automation in the PreSonus website and on YouTube.

S1 also has Macro abilities although maybe not as your used to in Ableton.
Again search the manual... and on YouTube... try this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rs5p9XYY_5o#!

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by FROSTA on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:07 pm
This video was not what I was looking for unfortunately. Iv been using studio one for some time now. I was not using ableton before but stumbled across a tutorial which ableton was being used for various new plugins I was trying to understand. What i was trying to find out is if you can assign multiple parameters to one automation lane. In a situation where you might have for example dry/wet of a reverb, flanger amount, overdrive amount, all following the same automation path; rather than have separate automation lanes for each effect I want to assign all these individual parameters to one automation. :)
by scottyo7 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 pm
Well we tried. ;)
Understood... you want one automation for multi effects/plug-ins.

In my time with S1 and in these forums I don't think that exists.
Either hope someone else confirms this or has what you want... possibly in a macro.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

4 posts
Page 1 of 1