10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been experiencing a lot of audio defects in audio that I bounce from MIDI tracks. Fortunately, I was able to bounce most of my MIDI tracks from a recent session down to clean audio .wav files, but the one track that refuses to bounce without audio defects is my sub bass track.

I'm not sure if this helps, but some details about my S1 Audio Setup preferences are:

Device Block Size: 256 samples
Dropout Protection: Medium
Process Block Size: 512 samples
Process Precision: Double (64-bit)
Enable low latency monitoring for instruments (checked)

I've never experienced this kind of consistent problem bouncing MIDI to audio before. Every time I bounce, I listen to the playback of the audio and it sounds as if it is morphing into other notes and glitching, popping, etc. So strange... What could be the issue?

Specs: Mac mini (M1 2020) > Chip: Apple M1 > Memory: 16 GB > OS: Big Sur v11.2 - Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha HS7 Monitors > Studio One V5 > Maschine MK3 > Nektar Impact LX88+
by robertgray3 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 pm
Is it a variety of instrument plug-ins or just a particular one? I remember native instruments Reaktor used to do something like this (but less random than you are describing) in Studio One before they fixed it.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by astokesmusic on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:16 pm
@robertgray3 Well, more recently, I've had some pops/clicks occur ever so slightly during bounces with MIDI tracks of various kinds (it seems to be Native Instruments stuff from time to time), but usually this stuff doesn't persistently give me issues if I keep my instrument plug-in count low to medium. But as of recently... the glitchy, note-trippy stuff is happening with my sub bass. My sub bass instrument is a VST plug-in called BASSalicious made by Gospel Musicians. It's a pretty nice plug-in and I wouldn't really suspect anything particularly on the plug-in's side to be the issue. I wish I could figure out why I'm having this much trouble bouncing a single MIDI instrument to audio because it is the last track I need bounced before I begin my mixing session.

Specs: Mac mini (M1 2020) > Chip: Apple M1 > Memory: 16 GB > OS: Big Sur v11.2 - Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha HS7 Monitors > Studio One V5 > Maschine MK3 > Nektar Impact LX88+
by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:11 pm
Does your interface have a loopback input?

Those come in handy when you have to get something done.

I had a problem with a compressor so instead of bouncing it I just recorded it.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by astokesmusic on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:05 pm
@Tacman7 Unfortunately I don't have that. I'm currently still running a Focusrite Scarlett Solo interface. The interface served its for purpose for awhile in my bedroom setup, but I'm about to upgrade all of my gear and that includes upgrading to a better interface. Any other suggestions for what I can do to stop the issue I'm having for now?

by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:34 pm
Try these settings?

audio setuo 2.JPG

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by astokesmusic on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:43 pm
@Tacman7 I tried those settings and sadly I got the same results. Here's something interesting though... I open up Kontakt and used a bass in there, copied the MIDI performance clip onto that track and bounced it to audio, and I got clean, normal audio. Is is possible that it's the plug-in I'm using? It's BASSalicious by Gospel Musicians. I really like the bass I'm using and I'd prefer to fix this problem without having to use another plug-in. Is there a way to update or solve a problem like this within a plug-in itself? I'm just curious because it seems like the problem is more the plug-in at this point.

by Tacman7 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am
I use ezbass and ezkeys and they both work with export stems, that's one you might try.

But until I drag midi to the track I don't have anything to bounce, I put the midi on the track and right click and bounce.

Forum Moderator.

by fret_man on Sun May 16, 2021 12:20 pm
I get this problem with the Ilya Efimov Balalaika Contrabass VSTi. The MIDI plays fine but the bounce has a few clicks in it at the start of notes. I'll try the export stems option, but I'd rather setup Studio One so this doesn't happen.

Yamaha MSP7
RME UFX
i9-9900K cpu, 32G RAM, Asrock X390 Taichi mobo, SeaSonic 600W fanless psu, Fractal R5 Blackout case, 1T & 2T M.2 970 EVO SSD, 1T 860 2.5" SSD, Noctua passive cooling, a few old skool HD for backup
by kisnou on Sun May 16, 2021 1:49 pm
This happened to me too, and the more it happens, the more I think it might be due to the specific plugin.
For example, I experience the same issue 99% of the time I use Portal by Output.

It is a granular FX which is quite complex and sadly it always behaves weirdly when I bounce it. I remember a few times I got no audio at all.
However, there is a foolproof solution to this issue, which is the Print track. They should talk about it more often, I remember I found out about this in a Sphere stream.
You basically create a track that is routed to the Master, so that whatever you hear in real time, is recorded in this track and you really can't go wrong, since it records what you listen.

If you want instructions, I can show you how I created it.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator

10 posts
Page 1 of 1