216 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
webhamster wrote
robertgray3 wrote
webhamster wroteIt should only appear when S1 crashed. Do you not find it helpful to be offered that screen even after S1 crashes?

I don't see what is helpful to be offered that screen, but maybe I am missing something. As I said, on MacOs it does look helpful, but on Windows it is just a screen to fully disable VST, etc.

S1 crashes every time I close it since 5.2, so I get this screen with every startup.

Ok well that’s the real problem. You might want to contact support. It shouldn’t be crashing every time you close it.

Plug-in issues are often the source of crashes in my experience, so allowing a chance to disable them without diving into the whole Services menu is immensely helpful to me and the other users who requested that menu.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Steve Carter on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:11 pm
Just the last few days on starting S1v5.2 I’m getting (paraphrasing) ‘ Studio One failed to close properly’ with a menu offering ‘start up normal’ or ‘start up with options’ - strange because as far as I can tell S1 closed without problems and starts again just fine clicking on the start up normal - strange!

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by PreAl on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm
So I just discovered that MPE works on VST2 only.

Fine, you and I can vote for VST3 support here:
http://answers.presonus.com/55424/mpe-s ... nstruments

In the meantime, the tickbox when editing the device that states "MPE" really should be labelled "MPE (VST2 only)" instead, because most people will not know. A simple label alteration would save some people a lot of trouble.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by nilsblomqvist on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:00 pm
When in Score view, you can select arpeggio, tremolo & glissando among other articulations.
How do I make these (among others) articulations appear in Score view and not just in articulation lane? Example: Selecting articulation "Pizzicato" for strings instrument - would be nice if the text "Pizz" was visible in score view... (SO 5.2, Windows 10 Pro)
by Steve Carter on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm
My last post on this thread - just seen a new YouTube video from Gregor which addresses this issue...

https://youtu.be/Lr15VbgkUI4

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by robertgray3 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:30 pm
PreAl wroteSo I just discovered that MPE works on VST2 only.

Fine, you and I can vote for VST3 support here:
http://answers.presonus.com/55424/mpe-s ... nstruments

In the meantime, the tickbox when editing the device that states "MPE" really should be labelled "MPE (VST2 only)" instead, because most people will not know. A simple label alteration would save some people a lot of trouble.

I’ve noticed a few other hosts/bridges only support MPE for VST2 as well. Can’t remember if it was the Cherry Audio dev or someone else who said it required a kind of hack workaround for compatibility with one of the more common plugin frameworks. So it may depend on whether or not particular devs like doing temporary workarounds they’ll have to redo later. You can read more about it here:

https://forum.juce.com/t/mpe-vst3-issue/31035/13

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by lfrankkenney on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:43 am
Had the following issue:

During playback when I click off of Studio One the audio stopped. I was presented with this icon:

Not sure why but the "Play in Background" check box is missing

After browsing this forum for a few days I found an old post about altering the settings file in the Library (Mac).

1) Shut down Studio 1

2) Navigate to the correct folder. My path looks like this:

3)Make a copy of the "audioengine.settings" file and keep it somewhere safe.

4) Change the "1" to a "0" and save.

That seemed to do the trick. I'm not sure if Presonus will bring back the option in a patch but at least i'm back to my "workflow".

Hope this helps someone!
by Bbd on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:53 am
Can't read any of your images. Also, please post your specs.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:16 am
Bbd wroteCan't read any of your images. Also, please post your specs.
Thanks.

Same here, get a link with a .jpg extension or upload here.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by shanabit on Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:00 am
The release option is in the prefs in S1 and works fine

Its been it the same place on Mac forever and works fine with every version of S1 here to current

Double check your AMS setup as well in the OSX AMS as sometimes if you are running another audio device or going back and forth between your daw and OSX playback you may need to select your audio device in the AMS.

Also. We need your Mac specs and OS version to help more

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by daniz on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:59 pm
Studio One 5.2 crahes everytime i try to load an instance of Sonsig Relab !!! this is my fav reverb and now i can't use it anymore ...

Macbook Pro 2017 I7 Quad 3.1 ,16gb Ram, Radeon 560 4gb macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Studio One Pro 5
UAD Apollo Twin
by PreAl on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:29 pm
daniz wroteStudio One 5.2 crahes everytime i try to load an instance of Sonsig Relab !!! this is my fav reverb and now i can't use it anymore ...

Your full specs on signature please. Running the latest plugin version? 64 bit? VST2 or 3? If windows have you run Windows update?

by garyanderson5 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:29 pm
daniz wroteStudio One 5.2 crahes everytime i try to load an instance of Sonsig Relab !!! this is my fav reverb and now i can't use it anymore ...

Works fine for me in 5.2.

Attachments
Capture.PNG

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by daniz on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:17 pm
PreAl wrote

Your full specs on signature please. Running the latest plugin version? 64 bit? VST2 or 3? If windows have you run Windows update?

im on mac and have installed au and vst2 versions of Sonsig .. they both crash Studio one when i try to use them !

Macbook Pro 2017 I7 Quad 3.1 ,16gb Ram, Radeon 560 4gb macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Studio One Pro 5
UAD Apollo Twin
by Bbd on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:06 pm
Please create a Support ticket for your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by noelwarner on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 am
I'm new to Studio One, coming over from Ableton. My recording sessions can be pretty long, stretching out into multiple hours of practice sessions. My question is in regards to the arranger view. While recording, it goes page to page for lack of a better descriptor, and I would like for it to scroll along the timeline. Is there a way to do this?
by webhamster on Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:43 am
robertgray3 wrotePlug-in issues are often the source of crashes in my experience, so allowing a chance to disable them without diving into the whole Services menu is immensely helpful to me and the other users who requested that menu.

The menu was not very helpful, since no additional information was displayed. I eventually found that the Exponential Audio R4 created the crashes (especially at higher sample rates). Will contact Izotope to see if this is a known issue.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by shanabit on Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:04 am
noelwarner wroteI'm new to Studio One, coming over from Ableton. My recording sessions can be pretty long, stretching out into multiple hours of practice sessions. My question is in regards to the arranger view. While recording, it goes page to page for lack of a better descriptor, and I would like for it to scroll along the timeline. Is there a way to do this?

NO, S1 does not have a stationary cursor option

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by noelwarner on Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:45 am
shanabit wrote
noelwarner wroteI'm new to Studio One, coming over from Ableton. My recording sessions can be pretty long, stretching out into multiple hours of practice sessions. My question is in regards to the arranger view. While recording, it goes page to page for lack of a better descriptor, and I would like for it to scroll along the timeline. Is there a way to do this?

NO, S1 does not have a stationary cursor option

Thank you for confirming this. I thought not since I couldn't find it easily, but just had to be sure.
by sirmonkey on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 am

This would be a great option. I wonder how hard it would be for Presonus to implement.
Seems like it should be easy, right? They've already done way more complex stuff.
However, stuff that's "under the hood" is more complex than non-coders like me know about.
But in any event, there is a feature request for that, and I encourage you to vote
for it here: http://answers.presonus.com/11744/does- ... 744#q11744

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

216 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11