216 postsPage 11 of 11
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
hm, one more thing with the new Windows full-screen feature: it it possible to access the app's menu? I've tried pressing Alt (this usually works on Windows) and moving the cursor to the top of the screen (like it works on Mac), but both ways failed.

maybe it's intentional, but my photo viewer for example (Photo Mechanic) does display the menu bar in full-screen mode, it just hides the title bar. frankly don't know what's the reasoning for the full-screen mode without having the menu.

it would be also super-nice is the full-screen view somehow contained a hint like 'did I save all my changes' (like the dot inside Mac's close button that also works in full-screen apps).

for now it seems like it's good news that the full screen was eventually done, but the bad news is that it will require some more work to be actually usable.

by gregghart on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:28 am
Yeah, I'm actually not a fan of their full screen implementation for those reasons, and more. You really don't get THAT much more space enough to make those other issues worth doing it.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by rahulrokade on Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:03 am
The new update is causing many issues during startup pop ups. I noticed the studio one didn't shut down properly messages in the beginning. Now suddenly, few pop ups are coming while loading sample libraries, adding new instruments or others. The vocal tracks of my song is showing in different section as takes and it goes back to vocal tracks after opening and closing the takes from bottom part of track. Another issue I'm facing is that the CPU is overloading easily and not free up even when the CPU heavy plugins are disabled from plugin manager. Maybe I'll have to switch back to the old version to finish my ongoing songs, otherwise these issues will never settle down until next version update. :?

Any one else is facing serious stability issues with latest 5.2 version update?
by rodshort on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:00 pm
I too am having issues with 5.2. I was working with support then they turned it over to the developers to try to address in the next update. Meanwhile, I am struggling through.

Studio One Pro (Former long time Sonar user), Dell XPS Desktop, i7, 32 Gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Saffire Octopre Mk II
by jrwaltb on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:42 pm
" I noticed the studio one didn't shut down properly messages in the beginning."

Like every session, usually with vsti's. There is also the PDC sidechain bug and longtime bug that offsets bounce to track files by .02something under certain tempos. The need to do a maintenance update without any feature upgrades.
by Robert Johnson III on Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:48 am
5 year old bug=>Groove quantize is destroying velocities :shock:

Please enlighten me if I'm missing something.
Velocity slider does nothing

Got a freeze/Q/restore velocity macro working, but that a workaround after 5 years is still necessary....

2016 - 2017
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=17667
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=18585

edit:links not working

MacMini M2 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ
by danielowen on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:35 pm
I've had a couple of issues I've noticed recently, but not sure if they're specific to 5.2 or not (I'm still fairly new here)

1. If the autosave occurs while I'm making edits in Melodyne I lose my undo history in Melodyne, meaning if it spazzes out while I'm editing, but don't like what it just did I have to remove melodyne entirely from the track and start again...not ideal...
  2. When working in a song since updating to 5.2 I've had this happen a few times where when stopping playback sometimes causes the left channel (or in one case both L and R channels) of the Studio One output to peak hugely and not let up (my RME TotalMixFX must have muted the output as a built in defense?). When it first happened I thought my headphones had blown a speaker, but then noticed it was on my monitors also. Restarting Studio One got rid of the output noise, but then it just happened again the first time I stopped playback. Restarting my computer resolved the issue, but I've still had it happen every so often.

Using 5.2 in latest Windows 10. RME Fireface UCX with latest drivers.
by rhetrick on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 am
I am having a lot of issues since 5.2. Getting a ton of the "studio one quit unexpectedly" messages after never getting those ever (been a user since version 1.0).

When in a song, and things start going buggy, the cursor won't settle on an actual bar. It always wants to be just to the left of where you click which is making pasting impossible.

Is a patch coming?

https://tubeunddiode.bandcamp.com Tube und Diode - Retro EBM, Electro, Hard Synthpop. On bandcamp. Composed and Mastered in S1.
https://trickinthehat.bandcamp.com Pet Shop Boys influenced 80s pop. Free! All in S1.

Windows 10. User of S1 since the day it was first ever released. I have no idea what my computer specs are.
by robertgray3 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am
rhetrick wroteI am having a lot of issues since 5.2. Getting a ton of the "studio one quit unexpectedly" messages after never getting those ever (been a user since version 1.0).

Do you mean the window that offers options to start up with plug-ins disabled? That’s a new feature in 5.2. When a plugin or Studio One has an issue closing properly or crashes it shows up the next time you open S1. If nothing crashed and it pops up anyway, I bet they may be fine tuning its sensitivity over time.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by normjohnson on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:22 am
Mine also crashes after I close a project. Almost every single time. It's always a different VST too. Presonus solution....disable the vst2 plugin that caused the crash. The specific plugin that caused that specific crash, even though I told them that it happens almost every time with different plugins.

I can't really disable every single plugin I have now can I?

I'm on Mac OS Mojave.
by PreAl on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:33 am
normjohnson wroteMine also crashes after I close a project. Almost every single time. It's always a different VST too. Presonus solution....disable the vst2 plugin that caused the crash. The specific plugin that caused that specific crash, even though I told them that it happens almost every time with different plugins.

I can't really disable every single plugin I have now can I?

I'm on Mac OS Mojave.

If you've disabled all the plugins except one plugin, and that crashes the project, then try that plugin on a new project with a blank template and see if that crashes.

And you may unfortunately have more than one plugin with the issue, but these need to be singled out.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by rhetrick on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:30 am
robertgray3 wrote
rhetrick wroteI am having a lot of issues since 5.2. Getting a ton of the "studio one quit unexpectedly" messages after never getting those ever (been a user since version 1.0).

Do you mean the window that offers options to start up with plug-ins disabled? That’s a new feature in 5.2. When a plugin or Studio One has an issue closing properly or crashes it shows up the next time you open S1. If nothing crashed and it pops up anyway, I bet they may be fine tuning its sensitivity over time.

I'm getting a crash report. Where do we post those to have them analyzed?

https://tubeunddiode.bandcamp.com Tube und Diode - Retro EBM, Electro, Hard Synthpop. On bandcamp. Composed and Mastered in S1.
https://trickinthehat.bandcamp.com Pet Shop Boys influenced 80s pop. Free! All in S1.

Windows 10. User of S1 since the day it was first ever released. I have no idea what my computer specs are.
by klypeman on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:02 am
rhetrick wrote
robertgray3 wrote

I'm getting a crash report. Where do we post those to have them analyzed?

Make a support ticket and send the crash report in that.
See red text below.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by robertgray3 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:51 pm
danielowen wrote[list=1][*]If the autosave occurs while I'm making edits in Melodyne I lose my undo history in Melodyne, meaning if it spazzes out while I'm editing, but don't like what it just did I have to remove melodyne entirely from the track and start again...not ideal...

Are you sure this isn't a focus issue? Are you using multiple monitors?

Out of curiosity I checked this every time autosave occurred (just got done performing Melodyne edits on two whole songs) and at no point did autosave cause me to lose my undo history in Melodyne ARA.

Now, I have accidentally messed up my own undo history by pressing undo in the wrong focus and then manually re-performing edits, but that was more user error exacerbated by two undo histories and separate focus areas.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by thomasforeman on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:25 pm
jrwaltb wrote" I noticed the studio one didn't shut down properly messages in the beginning."

I had the same problem until I noticed that improper shut down notices followed closing with the editor or mixer on my second screen. Since I started closing them before exiting, I've had almost no problems.

Windows 11 Pro 64; Lenovo ThinkCentre 720t; Intel I-7; 32GB; Studio One 6.1 and Sphere; Focusrite Scarlett 18i8; Yamaha MX61 kbd
by noelwarner on Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 am
sirmonkey wrote
noelwarner wroteI'm new to Studio One, coming over from Ableton. My recording sessions can be pretty long, stretching out into multiple hours of practice sessions. My question is in regards to the arranger view. While recording, it goes page to page for lack of a better descriptor, and I would like for it to scroll along the timeline. Is there a way to do this?

This would be a great option. I wonder how hard it would be for Presonus to implement.
Seems like it should be easy, right? They've already done way more complex stuff.
However, stuff that's "under the hood" is more complex than non-coders like me know about.
But in any event, there is a feature request for that, and I encourage you to vote
for it here: http://answers.presonus.com/11744/does- ... 744#q11744

So, I took your advice and voted for the addition of the stationary cursor. The vote has been up for 4 years and 2 entire iterations of Studio One, so I won't hold my breath.

However, last night, I realized a semi-workaround for it. I can't believe that I'm the first person to find this, since so many more knowledgeable people than me use S1. But also, nobody pointed this out to me, so maybe it changed with the new update. Anyway, I'll post it here.

After the most recent update, I had some issues with S1 crashing. Fixing it got aggravating enough that I eventually wrote zeroes to every drive on my PC, and reinstalled every program from the OS on up. I couldn't be sure where the problem laid, and I was done taking half steps.

Anyway, when I reinstalled S1 I decided to streamline my templates. Prior to this, I had the project length of my long practice sessions set to 1h 30 minutes, and the cursor scrolled page to page. But after the reinstall, I made a "Template" template that set all project lengths to just 20 minutes.

What I realized last night, is that once I passed the 20 minute length of the project, the cursor no longer scrolled page to page. Instead, it stayed on the right side of the page, and just kept adding 1 minute more space to the end of the page. Essentially, the cursor became stationary and I could always see the last several minutes of work. Which is all I really wanted.

Anyway, if this is new to the most recent update, I hope it helps others. If this has always been a common feature, then hopefully it will help people at least as confused as me.

216 postsPage 11 of 11
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11