4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm a beginner at recording in general. I've been working with my bandmates to create a demo track of one song we created way back pre-pandemic.

So everything went well during the recording. Listened to the final product on the DAW and no audio issues. I exported as mixdown to an M4a file. Unfortunately, now listening to it as an M4a file, on some parts of the song (specific areas, same during each listen through) the sounds seems to cut out for a brief second, and specifically on the left side (when listening via headphones). What could be causing this?
by Tacman7 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:36 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Guess I would try different formats to see if it always happens or just with this format.

Examine your song where the problem is in export and see if there's any weird stuff going on, leftover automation or anything...

Does it have bit rate adjustments for m4a? Try different settings?

Only thing I can think of right off.

Good to put your specs in your signature(click below in my signature)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by benjaminfowler on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:43 pm
Tacman7 wroteWelcome to the Forum!

Guess I would try different formats to see if it always happens or just with this format.

Examine your song where the problem is in export and see if there's any weird stuff going on, leftover automation or anything...

Does it have bit rate adjustments for m4a? Try different settings?

Only thing I can think of right off.

Good to put your specs in your signature(click below in my signature)

Thanks for the tip. Will look up all said specs.

I was able to get rid of the problem once I changed it to Wav files.
by jimfrench on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 am
It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I'm having the same issue - specifically on Bass, piano and ac gtr. It seems to occur consistently on mp3 and wav files, but is especially noticeable when I export stems as a whole. The only fix I've found is to add a couple of bars of bass before my actual mix and that seems to take care of the problem. I'm on S1 3.5 so I'm not supported anymore. Anyone have a similar issue? This "feature" can really be frustrating. Thank you for any help! Jim

4 posts
Page 1 of 1