29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
So I've used this software extensively in the past (about 2 years ago) and I decided to start using it again and I have a weird issue I don't remember having before. Basically right after I record a vocal track (haven't even tried instruments or imported files) and I go to replay it I don't hear anything. I can visually see something was recorded, and at the bottom of the screen right above the tempo bars I can see the two bars right next to the "120.00" go up and down as the tracks play. And if that's not enough I even exported the file to a .wave and I can hear myself. So I'm definitely being recorded, but I can't hear myself when I immediately play it back.

EDIT: So I just imported a .wav file and the audio from there doesn't work ether. And I know it's not my headphones because I can hear myself when I talk into them.
by ryanpounce on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:16 am
I still haven't solved this issue. Any help would be much appreciated. I can also provide more information if needed.
by mickhazelgrove on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:07 pm
I have a similar problem, can anyone shed any light on this?
by ryanpounce on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 pm
Still have this issue...
by piwiaus on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:01 pm
ryanpounce wroteStill have this issue...

I had this problem for the first time this morning (Eastern Australian time), after I upgraded Studio One to version 2.6.5.30360. Have spent ages before I found it; but check and see whether this works for you. All previous upgrades have left the Audio I/O Setup unchanged, and it looks to me like this upgrade overwrites the output setup.

Navigate to Studio One > Preferences, and bottom left select the Song Setup button. Top left, select the Outputs tab. For the Main row, ensure that there are entries showing in the Output 1 and Output 2 columns. In my case, they were blank. I clicked once in one of those columns, and suddenly L and R (in nice blue boxes) populated the spaces. Then click OK to close the dialog, and try again. I got sound at this point (through my laptop speakers, to be sure nothing else in the output chain was interfering).

Hope this helps.
by brettalpaugh on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:37 pm
I have the same problem as you. I just started using Presonus today and I see things that could help BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE! Can anyone help?!?
by evansquidjit on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:19 pm
To hear audio go to your studio one options -> audio setup tab -> at audio device click control panel -> make sure exclusive mode box is unchecked. That is what i did
by kyrrefritzner on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm
same problem here ? plz update :lol:
by dangreen1 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm
I found that you need to press the S (for stereo) and Un-press the record button. Then only the S should be showing. That worked for me.
by donaldbaarns on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:56 pm
A couple minor issues:

Welcome to the forum! Lots of very helpful people here.

By default, "S" is for Solo, and doesn't have anything to do with Stereo.
You don't need to unpress the Record button (AKA "Arm").

By default, all tracks which are NOT Muted will play sound. (If the M is on - bright red, it won't play.)

That means "S" is not required to play tracks, although if you want to play one, you could solo it.

Additionally, this is a thread where the original message is over 4 years old and the last message before yours is around 2 years old. Most have found some solution a little earlier. (And a non issue for most... Unless they muted all their existing tracks...)

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by ryanwaggoner1 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:33 pm
Well, it's 2020, I'm a very motivated new user and I'm having the same issue. I have an ASIO driver. I can see that it's recorded. I can see the meters moving when I try to play back. Nothing is muted and the record button is not on. I've tried every bit of advice that I've seen, and it really is frustrating that this is a common issue.
by skylersandys on Tue May 12, 2020 7:30 pm
ryanwaggoner1

I am in the exact same boat. I have a U Phoria UMC 404 Audio Interface. I was recording straight from my mic to my computer a few months ago and had no problems with live monitoring. Now with the Audio Interface, I can't hear anything. I have ASIO installed and all drivers for my interface as well. Any insight would be appreciated.

This seems like it should be a more common issue.
by klypeman on Wed May 13, 2020 3:12 am
First of all, we need some info on your systems to be able to help.
That means OS and specs.
skylersandys wroteryanwaggoner1

I am in the exact same boat. I have a U Phoria UMC 404 Audio Interface. I was recording straight from my mic to my computer a few months ago and had no problems with live monitoring. Now with the Audio Interface, I can't hear anything. I have ASIO installed and all drivers for my interface as well.

What drivers are you using ?
Do you have the mix knob turned all the way towards no latency?
This kind of info we need to help.
A good thing would also be to read the manual if not done allready and then again :)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by jackcosatto on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:25 pm
i am having the same issue, I have gone through all the above, i have even gone to song setup, then options through to audio setup and set audio device too my studiolive ar8.
When i don't have it set to this it refuses to record at all.
When I have it put onto this, it will record etc, I can hear my guitar etc through the headphone port from the interface itself, but playback refuses to work.
Please help.
by tobiasbarnes on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:02 am
same issue :(
by Tacman7 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:02 am
First I would setup my audio interface.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... Device.htm

Then I would setup inputs and outputs. Some interfaces have a default setting that works. Good to check it.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/S ... Output.htm

So if you have an audio track you can't hear make sure the track has it's output set to one of the outputs available.
If there are no outputs available go back to the second step and set up outputs.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by lukasholland on Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:27 pm
Did anyone find a solution for this?
I am having the same situation: I took about a 2 month break from using Studio One but before that I used it fairly often and had no issues at all. Now when I go to record, I can see it is recording and processing, but when I go to playback there is no sound. I haven't changed any settings from then until now.
I have never had this problem until now and can not figure out a fix.
by Bbd on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:27 pm
Please contact Support about your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by yolainewilson on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:40 am
Same problem here. Please, someone, explain what needs to be done to be able to listen to my recordings. This is really bad from PreSonus, I see no-one seriously addressing an issue which clearly affect a lot of people.
by bartbalint on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:48 am
yolainewilson wroteSame problem here. Please, someone, explain what needs to be done to be able to listen to my recordings. This is really bad from PreSonus, I see no-one seriously addressing an issue which clearly affect a lot of people.

My inclination is to suggest you start a new thread. There can be numerous issues as to why you cant hear your audio. You also need to list your equipment, setup, how are you trying to listen to your audio, have you ever heard your audio through SO. We cant really help if we dont know how you are approaching your creativity through SO.

A lot of the time for me, Win10, for whatever reason, changes the audio routing, and I have to reset it, and basically restart my machine. Then last week, my headphones to listen to my recorded audio through wasn't working. Turns out SO somehow changed my main outs.
Cheers!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)

29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2