29 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I was having the same issue and forgot to do one of the most basic things: I am using the AudioBox 22VSL and i forgot to turn the Mixer knob to VSL. Once I did that, I could hear my recordings.
by andrewhogue1 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:27 pm
donaldbaarns wroteA couple minor issues:

Additionally, this is a thread where the original message is over 4 years old and the last message before yours is around 2 years old. Most have found some solution a little earlier. (And a non issue for most... Unless they muted all their existing tracks...)

Since they never delete these old posts, people like me find them and they help sometimes, anyway. Right now November 2021, I cannot hear the tracks I just recorded (first time user). A Google search gave me this.

Intel Core i9-10900X 10-Core 3.7GHz (4.5Ghz TurboBoost)
MSI X299 Pro Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz (4x8GB)
NVidia 8GB GeForce RTX 2080 Super
2TB Samsung 870 QVO Series
Corsair 750X RMX Series Plus Gold Power
Sound Blaster AE-5 Plus
by Lokeyfly on Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:52 am
Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.

andrewhogue1 wrote
donaldbaarns wroteA couple minor issues:

Additionally, this is a thread where the original message is over 4 years old and the last message before yours is around 2 years old. Most have found some solution a little earlier. (And a non issue for most... Unless they muted all their existing tracks...)

Since they never delete these old posts, people like me find them and they help sometimes, anyway. Right now November 2021, I cannot hear the tracks I just recorded (first time user). A Google search gave me this.

What donaldbaarns is saying is a two year old response to someone else. Its simply best if you start a new post with new subject. It prevents inundating the original subject title with numerous issues (though not a bad thing at times). However, years old threads both get confusing with different subjects, and might have been resolved as to that specific issue by Presonus or the user.

Also as mentioned just prior to your question along this thread is:

bartbalint wrote: My inclination is to suggest you start a new thread. There can be numerous issues as to why you cant hear your audio. You also need to list your equipment, setup, how are you trying to listen to your audio, have you ever heard your audio through SO. We cant really help if we dont know how you are approaching your creativity through SO.

With that, please include your interface and add the platform, and additional relevant specs in your signature. It helps resolve issues. Thanks!

Up front, make sure your monitor and record switch on the mixer were activated during your recording. There's just not a lot of detail here to provide more towards your issue.

P.s. searching and responding via a Google search can really gunk up the works. ;) Better to search within the forum.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=17142

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by williamdixon4 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:07 pm
just bought the whole system. it should be plug and play. i shouldn't have to spend 4 days trying to figure this out after watching countless help videos. vocals and guitar played through my Audiobox have been no problem. midi PS-49 is useless. i tried using my large keyboard that i already owned and i have the same issue. looks like it is recording but no sound. at least my old keyboard has it's own speakers so i can hear it playing. good news i have not tossed the PS-49 out the window yet.
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:31 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry you're having issues. I think we can get you up and running.

Just need info about your computer and OS and Version of S1.

Good to put your specs in your signature.

We start here:

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Setup_To ... 257C_____2

And work our way up. Good to add some screen shots of settings and tracks etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by horstmoshroom on Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:14 am
williamdixon4 wrotejust bought the whole system. it should be plug and play. i shouldn't have to spend 4 days trying to figure this out after watching countless help videos. vocals and guitar played through my Audiobox have been no problem. midi PS-49 is useless. i tried using my large keyboard that i already owned and i have the same issue. looks like it is recording but no sound. at least my old keyboard has it's own speakers so i can hear it playing. good news i have not tossed the PS-49 out the window yet.

Hi williamdixon4,
you have to check that the PS-49 and all other keyboards are listed in --> Options --> external devices. If not you have to Add... it, --> Presonus --> PS-49

For your large keyboard Add... a "New keyboard" and try out what happens...

Try that description:
https://answers.presonus.com/6661/cant-get-ps-49-to-work-with-studio-one-3-or-notion

looks like it is recording

is it recording or not?
There is no "a little bit", yes or no?

If yes, your PS-49 is present, and you forgot to connect to an instrument.

New "Instrument Track" --> select a instrument of your choise or choose a new one,
make sure the track receives data from PS-49, and you will have sound.

further help: 2.2 Set Up Your MIDI Keyboard
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/Studio_One_5_Quick_Start_Guide_EN_02072020.pdf#Studio%20One%205%20Quick%20Start%20Guide_EN.indd%3A.262716%3A19324

Instrument Tracks
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/Studio_One_5.5_Reference_Manual_EN_11012022.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A246%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C60%2C495.39%2C0%5D

Now you have to ReadTheFulminantManual, no excuses :D
...and tell us that it works!

Save both manuals!
pdf is searchable...

Good Luck,
Tino
by kristinahunter on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:26 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqHKwc8G_M

This video solved my issue and I have the latest version.
by izzy_cain on Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:05 pm
YEAH, THERE'S A LITTLE BLUE SPEAKER ICON WHEN IT'S ON ( MONITOR ) RIGHT BESIDE THE RECORD BUTTON WHERE YOU ARM YOUR TRACK TO RECORD. CLICK IT OFF.
by patm300e on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:26 pm
skylersandys wroteryanwaggoner1

I am in the exact same boat. I have a U Phoria UMC 404 Audio Interface. I was recording straight from my mic to my computer a few months ago and had no problems with live monitoring. Now with the Audio Interface, I can't hear anything. I have ASIO installed and all drivers for my interface as well. Any insight would be appreciated.

This seems like it should be a more common issue.

I have the UMC402 Which is similar. Have you tried moving the "MIX" knob? That could be the issue.

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.

29 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2