5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.

When you load up an impact kit and insert a pattern the drums are automatically named and unused midi notes are hidden which is great.

Now if, for example, I want to use Kontact Abbey Rd 60s drummer the pattern mode shows all midi notes and none are named.

Not a problem right. I just open the pattern settings, name and activate the midi notes I want to use and then I have a nice clean pattern screen to work with.

It takes a few mins but it works.

Unfortunately I can’t work out how to save this config so if I open up the same kontact library in a different song I have to go though the whole tedious set up all over again by which time I’ve forgotten what I wanted to do.

Any tips? :D
by patrickbushaw on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:47 am
pitch lists!
This is likely a good walk through (all i found are kinda long...)

https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... studio-one
by WaterlooSunset on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:29 pm
Also, over time i have downloaded pitchlists others have created. You can Google Studio One pitchlists. Also there were a bunch on Presonus exchange i do believe but i could be wrong. Haven't been on it in ages. I lost track of where they all came from. I have a few Abby Roads from somewhere. If you cant find them let me know.

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by jk999 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:57 pm
I found this thread when looking for a way to have the sample names auto populate when I load up a Battery Kit into SO.

I assume it would be the same process as in Kontakt. I can get the sounds from battery into SO on separate outputs, but the names of the individual cells do not populate.

Is this not possible?

This is what I get when loading up an Impact XT instance on a track and insert a pattern:

but when I do the same with Battery, I get no joy:

Studio One Pro 5
Win10 i7 8700k 32gb ram 1 GB NVME, 2GB NVME, Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
RME Babyface FS Pro
by realto619 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:07 am
Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue. Love the Pattern editor. Hate the Impact samples.

I also found this link: https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... studio-one and it is a pretty good resource for allowing you to save and recall Pitch Lists for existing 3rd party kits. It doesn't pre-populate existing patches like I would prefer, but it's a way to not have to do it over and over for each song.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1