5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a whole bunch of old 'FX chains' that come up when hitting the 'inserts' menu arrow on any channel. I saved them some time ago, but don't want them anymore. Problem is, I cannot seem to delete them. I can see where they are saved,

G:\StudioOneWorkingFolder\Presets\PreSonus\FX Chains

but any attempt to delete them or put them into a folder seems futile.

The problem is, the list takes up far too much space. It would be ok if I could put them into folders or something, but they won't do that either. After trying to get rid of the list, I now have the scenario where each entry appears twice!

The problem is the same on two machines. Anyone have a solution to this? Any help appreciated.

Attachments
S1 FX chain problem sml.jpg

i7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2,Lucid 2496. Casio PX-3,Yamaha V50,Korg 05,Roland SH-01,Korg Nanopad2,Behringer BCF,BCR2000(studio).
i7 4770, Asus Z87-C, M-Audio delta66,RME ADI2,Vox TonelabLE (spdif input), A&HZED12FX, M-Audio Keystation61ES (home).
Soundworkshop Series30(rackmounted in groups of 8), Dynaudio BM15 speakers.
Win10 64,S1Pro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,Reason10,Recycle, Waves, Drumcore 3, Korg legacy digital and analogue,
Arturia Vintage Collection, NI Komplete10,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.
https://soundcloud.com/andrew-emery
by -Luis- on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 am
Hit F7 click on FX Chains, delete them from there and after that right click and hit refresh.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.43.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.43.33 PM.png (26.9 KiB) Viewed 4601 times

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.44.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.44.48 PM.png (29.28 KiB) Viewed 4601 times

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.46.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 11.46.59 PM.png (27.88 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
by Rangersam on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:38 am
Thanks musician2373 for the response.
Worked well.
I already tried everything except REFRESH.

Still don't know why I had the double listing. Funny. There must be another file location that we don't have access to that stores a version of these files.

As a parting note for anyone interested in keeping the size of that pull down menu as small as possible, perhaps consider setting up your own folder location for your 'FX chains'. The built in one seems to be quite inflexible when it comes to sorting and inserting folders to keep everything neat.

i7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2,Lucid 2496. Casio PX-3,Yamaha V50,Korg 05,Roland SH-01,Korg Nanopad2,Behringer BCF,BCR2000(studio).
i7 4770, Asus Z87-C, M-Audio delta66,RME ADI2,Vox TonelabLE (spdif input), A&HZED12FX, M-Audio Keystation61ES (home).
Soundworkshop Series30(rackmounted in groups of 8), Dynaudio BM15 speakers.
Win10 64,S1Pro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,Reason10,Recycle, Waves, Drumcore 3, Korg legacy digital and analogue,
Arturia Vintage Collection, NI Komplete10,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.
https://soundcloud.com/andrew-emery
by henhen1975 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:55 pm
Hit F7, go to your home icon and click it. Then, go to the bottom of the panel of the browser and click Re-index Presets!

Rangersam wroteThanks musician2373 for the response.
Worked well.
I already tried everything except REFRESH.

Still don't know why I had the double listing. Funny. There must be another file location that we don't have access to that stores a version of these files.

As a parting note for anyone interested in keeping the size of that pull down menu as small as possible, perhaps consider setting up your own folder location for your 'FX chains'. The built in one seems to be quite inflexible when it comes to sorting and inserting folders to keep everything neat.
by bennbenn1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:45 pm
Hi every one, I'm new to this, however I had this same problem about deleting unused FX Chain
I seen lots of answer, but none was helping to much, I finally realize how is done
So I will explain slowly, for people like myself.
1) Go to the browser Tab, It is to the bottom right side of your screen (Monitor) where it have your EDIT and MIX tab, If not open, Click on BROWSER, once its open
2) Look to the very top of your open browser box, you will see where it say, START - SONG and PROJECT, Below that is the little house Icon (Home) Next to it, you will see where it say INSTRUMENT and fallow by EFFECTS
3) Click on the one that say EFFECTS
4) You will see FX CHAINS, bellow you will see, all the FX Chain folders
5) Depending on where you saved your Custom FX Chain
6) Go to that folder and Click on it. you will see the FX
7) When you find the FX you want to delete
8) Right click on it, in the Drop down box click Delete.
9) IF you don't see Delete, Click on "Show in Explorer"
10) another Box will open and you will see the list in explorer, and delete the once you no longer want.

To finalize, once you finish deleting the once you do not want or need any more.
Right click on any FX and click REFRESH.
NOTE: Do not click Refresh till you finish removing ALL the once you don't want
If you do, IT WILL RESCAN and the process will take longer.

NOTE: : Be shore of the folders, files or FX's your deleting, are the once you made and want to delete
If you delete an unwanted folder, You may not be able to bring it back.

Thanks and I hope it help some one

5 posts
Page 1 of 1