213 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Thank you all guys for taking the time and for your tests. It's always good to see people helping each other and trying to make this DAW more performing.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by anonymouspanda on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:24 am
Daw Stew wrote
anonymouspanda wroteUpdated to 5.1.2, so far so good and two projects that did freeze really easy do not do it right now. Looking good so far and will try more in the coming days!!

are you running a Faderport with 5.1.2?

Nope but as robertgray says, that was not the issue here :)
by firegs on Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:25 pm
I'm back. I'm on 5.1.2. It's still happening. This is insane.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by firegs on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:01 pm
Figured out my issue. It was an OpenGL issue. Read more here for the fix.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=43270

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by antg1 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:34 pm
Had a similar issue after installing Waves with Studio One 5.4. I've approx 100 or more VST instruments in 3 folders and on an external SSD drive, never an issue. When Studio One first opened after installing Waves for the Bezerk plugin I noted the Waves Shell struggling (4 instances - WavesShell1-12.8 and 13.0 VST and VST3). I ran Studio One with consistent issues of freezing on "initial" startup of loading a simple 1 track MIDI file created in Arturia V Collection. I'd have to wait about 30 seconds before regaining control. I then went in Studio One to VIEW | Plugin-Manager and on the left side for Vendor located WAVES. I unchecked this box. Opened Studio One again and noted the WavesVST struggling to load (each of the 4 instances). Upon each attempt to load (which was actually a re-load) I this time chose Disable during the loading process. I went back into the Plugin Manager and noted the WavesShell is on the block list. Studio One now opens as normal and so far so good on no freezing. Personally I would believe this would be a Waves issue as they should acquire (if not already) a copy of Studio One and test on their end to see what they can do to make their Shell load up quicker. I might also suggest checking the fragmentation of your local hard drives. I found one at 37% fragmented (windows didn't auto schedule this process), Though this is a side issue, it did help loading the VST's on this external SSD drive.
by davidlarson6 on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:57 am
antg1 wroteI might also suggest checking the fragmentation of your local hard drives. I found one at 37% fragmented (windows didn't auto schedule this process), Though this is a side issue, it did help loading the VST's on this external SSD drive.

Just a comment on this side issue... I'm not sure that it's a good idea to be defragging SSDs.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by patm300e on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 am
davidlarson6 wrote
antg1 wroteI might also suggest checking the fragmentation of your local hard drives. I found one at 37% fragmented (windows didn't auto schedule this process), Though this is a side issue, it did help loading the VST's on this external SSD drive.

Just a comment on this side issue... I'm not sure that it's a good idea to be defragging SSDs.

Correct you do not need to defrag SSD.

https://www.crucial.com/articles/about- ... rag-an-ssd

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by hekukoistinen on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:50 am
Hi!

I was struggling also with that freezing problem for a while.... First thaught that was a Waveshell problem, but it wasn't. The problem was Nahimic Services (google it) which caused all those plugin freeze problems. Just uninstalled it and everything was fine again. So if you still have freezing problems I really recommend to try that solution.

Heku
by hekukoistinen on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 am
I was struggling also with that freezing problem for a while.... First thaught that was a Waveshell problem, but it wasn't. The problem was Nahimic Services (google it) which caused all those plugin freeze problems. Just uninstalled it and everything was fine again. So if you still have freezing problems I really recommend to try that solution.

Heku
by dr7u15 on Sat May 14, 2022 5:01 pm
This has been frustrating. Definitely started with late version 4 and continues to happen with version 5. The freezing happens very frequently. Randomly, if you click on a track the whole session will freeze for about 5-10 seconds, whether you are loading a VST or not. Then it is OK for a few minutes before it is back to doing the same.
by PreAl on Sat May 14, 2022 5:20 pm
dr7u15 wroteThis has been frustrating. Definitely started with late version 4 and continues to happen with version 5. The freezing happens very frequently. Randomly, if you click on a track the whole session will freeze for about 5-10 seconds, whether you are loading a VST or not. Then it is OK for a few minutes before it is back to doing the same.

Without any detailed steps to repro or specs it's difficult to give any targeted suggestions other than what has already been written on this thread, so please try what has been suggested by others already.... It's not a common issue regardless, therefore more likely to be environmental like audio or even display drivers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by dandrefranklin on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:14 am
This must be a Studio One global issue as I notice most of these post are from two years ago and I am now having those same issues. Couldn't come at a worse time as I am trying to finish an EP to be release real soon and can't open a song or a new one. This seem to happen right after the current update, but I believe it is something else.
by PreAl on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:25 am
dandrefranklin wroteThis must be a Studio One global issue as I notice most of these post are from two years ago and I am now having those same issues. Couldn't come at a worse time as I am trying to finish an EP to be release real soon and can't open a song or a new one. This seem to happen right after the current update, but I believe it is something else.

When it comes to "freezing" everybody's issue is different (computers have been freezing from the beginning of time), however it's mostly hardware and drivers (and there is a lot of different hardware and drivers out there). Many here have stated their issue is fixed, and most don't have this issue otherwise these forums would be bombed, so I can't understand why you come to that conclusion.

Without the full detail and specs in your signature it's impossible to jump to any conclusion, and it's probably best to create a seperate thread so your issue does not get confused with others (even though they may be suffering similar symptoms)..... another thing to note, people seem to have different defintions of what "freezing" is, so without a full explanation of what is going on, and steps to repro, we are in the dark.

Please read the entire thread for help, or just create a ticket with Presonus, or create a new thread with full specs and full steps to repro.... otherwise it's kinda like the blind leading the blind (nothing again blind people).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:28 am
PreAl wrotepeople seem to have different defintions of what "freezing" is

I mean, not really. The freeze definition from most people with regards to Studio One is that the application goes completely unresponsive, music keeps playing.

by PreAl on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:29 am
firegs wrote
PreAl wrotepeople seem to have different defintions of what "freezing" is

I mean, not really. The freeze definition from most people with regards to Studio One is that the application goes completely unresponsive, music keeps playing.

I think the point here is proven, For me the defintion of freeze is that the entire OS becomes unresponsive, and that includes all apps and mouse. That's why details are important, we all have different ideas. I cannot speak for "most", nobody can.

by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:31 am
*sigh*

Sure. But is anyone here claiming the whole OS freezes? Or just Studio One?

by PreAl on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:34 am
firegs wrote*sigh*

Sure. But is anyone here claiming the whole OS freezes? Or just Studio One?

I'll just repeat this... Up to you what you want to do.
Even if it was a bug, it's not going to get fixed without going through the motions. Finding out an issue, whatever it is, isn't going to happen via a whack a mole technique.

PreAl wroteWithout the full detail and specs in your signature it's impossible to jump to any conclusion, and it's probably best to create a seperate thread so your issue does not get confused with others (even though they may be suffering similar symptoms)..... another thing to note, people seem to have different defintions of what "freezing" is, so without a full explanation of what is going on, and steps to repro, we are in the dark.

Please read the entire thread for help, or just create a ticket with Presonus, or create a new thread with full specs and full steps to repro.... otherwise it's kinda like the blind leading the blind (nothing again blind people).

by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:39 am
I mean, I did submit a ticket over a year ago. Three different ones all ending like this:

It sounds like it is third party plugin related, can you please ensure you are using the latest version of Fabfilter and Waves. Waves version 12 is the only working version in Studio One 5 and any previous version versions are known to crash Studio One.

> Please fully remove Malwarebytes and test again.
> Please fully remove CCleaner and test again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Like, sorry, no, that's not an answer, not helpful, and not a solution.

And FWIW, neither Malwarebytes or CCleaner had anything to do with it. Presonus support has never really helped.

by PreAl on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:51 am
firegs wroteI mean, I did submit a ticket over a year ago. Three different ones all ending like this:

It sounds like it is third party plugin related, can you please ensure you are using the latest version of Fabfilter and Waves. Waves version 12 is the only working version in Studio One 5 and any previous version versions are known to crash Studio One.

> Please fully remove Malwarebytes and test again.
> Please fully remove CCleaner and test again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Like, sorry, no, that's not an answer, not helpful, and not a solution.

And FWIW, neither Malwarebytes or CCleaner had anything to do with it. Presonus support has never really helped.

Malwarebytes, CCleaner and ASIO4ALL (if installed) I've seen freeze systems so it's important to rule it out by removing them. Also the generic advice with Fabfilter and waves is entirely appropriate.
They also wrote "Please let us know how you get on".
Did you?
Because if you didn't attempt this it's easy to see why it all came to a halt.

Anyway I'll just refer to my earlier comments, we are kinda going around the sidelines.

by firegs on Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:55 am
I did go on. They continued that I had to disable all plugins (1400 of them) and re enable one by one.

I have an IT background, and I understand the methodology of that form of troubleshooting, but it's irrelevant in this threads case because it happens randomly with random plugins. It's a global issue with how S1 is handling plugins. (See the automation not working on rendering thread)

It's why no one here can post a "steps to recreate".

213 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11