213 postsPage 7 of 11
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
juvandes wroteAfter my freezes I'll do that almost all of times... Sometimes forgot to stop and freeeezzeee... :(

Yup, happening to me very frequently, no rhyme or reason to it, but I do notice that there are some plugins (Cableguys Shaperbox in particular) that will take FOREVER to change presets when playback is happening - more than 10 seconds, and no time at all to change presets when it isn't. I wonder what's causing that and if it's related.

Sadly the few plugins that take a long time to change presets don't completely freeze SO on demand like the wide variety of other actions which are less repeatable. Oh well, eventually someone will figure it out I guess.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:35 am
anonymouspanda wroteUnfortunately I hardly use Melodyne and therefore do not have it in projects that freeze for me.

EDIT: Updating to Melodyne 5 did not fix the issue, although now it acts differently when it freezes- instead of looping a small section of audio it just goes silent... so... yay? :?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Ok at least for me it seems to be related to using either Melodyne or Event FX in some way. At least for me I would not call this “solved” so much as knowing that for whatever reason on my computer with Mojave leaving the Event FX on (in this case Melodyne/ARA) in Studio One is necessary for my particular freezing behavior.

I have a simple song I’ve managed to create with no plug-ins in it that I can freeze 100% reliably by making a macro that adds 10x Pro EQs. I start playing back, hit the macro, and then press CMD+Z quickly to undo all of them. Usually by 8 or 9 undos it will beach ball.

If I remove all Melodyne Event FX it no longer causes the freeze. Will test some other Event FX (probably Waves Soundshifter or something high latency like that) then get in touch with Celemony, Presonus, and any others to see what’s going on here.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by anonymouspanda on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:30 am
bruceqld wrote
robertgray3 wrote
anonymouspanda wroteI literally worked 6 hours in a project without any freeze. That is because every time I am disabling playback, adding a plugin, enabling playback again. I made 1 mistake just now and I forgot to stop playback... and boom a freeze. It's crazy how easily I can trigger it now in some projects.

Can you Save To New Folder that song and tell me if the new song has the same issue?

That's always been my sticking point. A freshly-saved song I can export that causes the issue. If you're able to get one from that song where it's happening all the time, maybe I can trigger it with the same file (Presonus Support has very few 3rd party plugins aside from Waves and a few others, I have 1000+ so maybe I can demo the ones I don't have).

Barring that, at the risk of sounding like a jerk I'm just crossing my fingers that the problem becomes so bad that anyone can reproduce it :mrgreen: at least it'll get fixed that way!

Anonymouspanda does the project contain either an instance of Sonarworks 4 or did you install it system wide? Removing both of the7se seems to have solved the freezing for both the OP and myself, though clearly it may not be the issue for everyone. It alone may not be to blame either. So many variables.

Sorry, busy days so I haven't been checking on here that much. But yeah I have sonarworks systemwide & the plugin running at all times, however as it solved some issues for you I have quit systemwide (killed the process) and removed the plugin from the project. It unfortunately still froze.

robertgray3 wroteOk at least for me it seems to be related to using either Melodyne or Event FX in some way. At least for me I would not call this “solved” so much as knowing that for whatever reason on my computer with Mojave leaving the Event FX on (in this case Melodyne/ARA) in Studio One is necessary for my particular freezing behavior.

I have a simple song I’ve managed to create with no plug-ins in it that I can freeze 100% reliably by making a macro that adds 10x Pro EQs. I start playing back, hit the macro, and then press CMD+Z quickly to undo all of them. Usually by 8 or 9 undos it will beach ball.

If I remove all Melodyne Event FX it no longer causes the freeze. Will test some other Event FX (probably Waves Soundshifter or something high latency like that) then get in touch with Celemony, Presonus, and any others to see what’s going on here.

This is really interesting. I'll check my crashing project today and remove all Event FX / melodyne and start testing. Good find!!
by roblof on Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:28 am
Not sure if it is related. This is happening on my win10 laptop. I have not been running s1v5 on my imac yet.

My sessions freezes every 40-60 seconds for about 10-20 seconds and then comes back. Sometimes it takes longer between the freezes. It is only the gui that freezes and any mouse/keyboard clicks or MCU control will take affect after the freeze.

I’ve noticed this is usually happening when saving and when autosave kicks in.

Also, I get melodyne v4 hiccups where the original clip is playing along with the melodyned clip but not every time so something odd is going on.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:22 am
anonymouspanda wroteI'll check my crashing project today and remove all Event FX / melodyne and start testing. Good find!!

Cool! Hopefully that helps. For testing before/after just make sure to not put undo in your “Freeze Studio One” macro. I found it more reliable to add the inserts with a macro and remove them quickly with my undo key shortcut.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm
robertgray3 wroteOk at least for me it seems to be related to using either Melodyne or Event FX in some way. At least for me I would not call this “solved” so much as knowing that for whatever reason on my computer with Mojave leaving the Event FX on (in this case Melodyne/ARA) in Studio One is necessary for my particular freezing behavior.

Yup this is exactly what I'm seeing and a very similar test I asked support to do. I can make S1 freeze by doing anything CPU intensive whilst I have Melodyne applied to an event... if I remove all instances of Melodyne and try the same thing I get no freezing.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:23 pm
Robdp wrote

Yup this is exactly what I'm seeing and a very similar test I asked support to do. I can make S1 freeze by doing anything CPU intensive whilst I have Melodyne applied to an event... if I remove all instances of Melodyne and try the same thing I get no freezing.

You're on Catalina? Interesting. My Mac Pro with Mojave has this repeatable issue and my MacBook with Catalina doesn't. No clue as to why.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm
Yeah! For me the disaster of S1v5 started when I not only upgraded to s1V5 but to Catalina too. Rookie move on my part, but I had a little down time and decided that v5 and Catalina "should" go hand in hand. Nothing but issues since.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:50 pm
Robdp wroteYeah! For me the disaster of S1v5 started when I not only upgraded to s1V5 but to Catalina too. Rookie move on my part, but I had a little down time and decided that v5 and Catalina "should" go hand in hand. Nothing but issues since.

I dont think there's anything wrong with Catalina in particular. My laptop with Catalina has no issue with the same song and steps. This issue started appearing for me in 5.1.1. Fairly recent, much more recent than Catalina.

In fact, I'm about to update to Catalina anyway. Software is starting to phase out compatibility for Mojave, either officially (as with my invoicing software) or unofficially (audio plugin and DAW devs telling me in emails that they won't fix bugs if "not enough platforms" have them, for example an older graphics card on a now-older OS).

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:28 pm
Robdp wroteYeah! For me the disaster of S1v5 started when I not only upgraded to s1V5 but to Catalina too. Rookie move on my part, but I had a little down time and decided that v5 and Catalina "should" go hand in hand. Nothing but issues since.

Is your MacBook the one with an AMD graphics card? Asking because my MacBook with Intel GPU on Catalina does not have this issue and my Mac Pro with AMD GPU does.

juvandes has a Macbook i9 as well, I wonder if it has AMD graphics too.

anonymous panda and fires were both using an Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti so I'm tempted to think it's not GPU related...

Just trying to figure out what your two MacBooks have in common with my Mac Pro where this happens consistently for us. I've seen a user with an iMac Pro complain about it too. So on Mac two of us use Xeons and two are using i9s, but all (I think) are using AMD gpus.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 pm
Yup I have the AMD card in my i9...
I've also got the freeze to happen consistently with only my laptop sitting on my lap with no hardware plugged into it too.. this way I knew that its purely something within the program (now I know it's Melodyne/Vocalign FX) and nothing external etc...

Producer/writer
by robertgray3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:18 pm
Robdp wroteYup I have the AMD card in my i9...
I've also got the freeze to happen consistently with only my laptop sitting on my lap with no hardware plugged into it too.. this way I knew that its purely something within the program (now I know it's Melodyne/Vocalign FX) and nothing external etc...

Vocalign too? Interesting.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:32 am
robertgray3 wrote
Robdp wroteYup I have the AMD card in my i9...

Vocalign too? Interesting.

Yeah I only realized it when I got a freeze with no melodyne anywhere and got disheartened because I thought I'd found the culprit... then I saw I had a lone vocalign fx on a region and rendered it... then no matter what I did I couldn't get S1 to freeze. I've done various tests with different combinations and it always boils down to a heavy-ish session, with either Melodyne or Vocalign FX on a region that causes the freezing.
Last edited by Robdp on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Producer/writer
by Fader Rat on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:36 am
I just started a new song in 5.1.1 One audio track with nothing recorded. The performance monitor went to 100%. Closed & reopened and now the transport doesn't work. The play light turns green but the transport doesn't move. Also takes 30 to 60 seconds to quit the program

OSX High Sierra, 2013 IMac, 8GB, 1TB, Studio One 5 Pro
BLA modded Digi 002 rack
BLA Auteur Preamp
BLA B12A preamp
Apogee 24/48 converter
Glyph, OWC, external drives
by Fader Rat on Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:21 am
Wrong Thread.
Last edited by Fader Rat on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OSX High Sierra, 2013 IMac, 8GB, 1TB, Studio One 5 Pro
BLA modded Digi 002 rack
BLA Auteur Preamp
BLA B12A preamp
Apogee 24/48 converter
Glyph, OWC, external drives
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am
Fader Rat wroteI just started a new song in 5.1.1 One audio track with nothing recorded. The performance monitor went to 100%. Closed & reopened and now the transport doesn't work. The play light turns green but the transport doesn't move. Also takes 30 to 60 seconds to quit the program

That's unrelated to what we're discussing. Sounds like a much more basic issue. If you use Dropout Protection, make sure it didn't get reset to Minimum. If you don't, double check that your Block Size is how it should be. I'd start a different thread so you can go into greater detail because we're not talking about Performance spikes here, just freezing from Event FX or, as some people discovered earlier, systemwide speaker correction. Also if you make a new thread, confirm your current specs as some older Macs don't work well with Studio One 5.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by fuyjpsgb on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:54 am
I have Studio One 5.1.1. It freezes every time I duplicate a track or part of a track during playback.
by robertgray3 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:26 am
fuyjpsgb wroteI have Studio One 5.1.1. It freezes every time I duplicate a track or part of a track during playback.

- are you using any systemwide audio plugins like Sonarworks or Audio Hijack?

- do you have Melodyne or Vocalign on any events in the song as Event FX?

- do you have any other plugins on events as event FX?

- mac or PC? specs?

You’re going to want to contact support but please post the answers to those questions here as many of us who are having the issue are trying to figure out reliable ways to illustrate it so it can get fixed

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... l-Support-

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Steve Carter on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 pm
Upgraded to latest S1v5 just a couple of days ago latest Windows 10 Pro.

First project in S1v5 (just a few tracks and a handful of plugins) made the mistake of hitting ‘save’ whilst the song was playing - S1 froze, had to reboot as Task Manager was unable to shut down the S1 unresponsive app!

I have Sonarworks but it was disabled and one track had been Melodyned but then rendered. There was an event based fx but subsequently removed but I can’t remember whether it was active at the time of the crash.

Not expecting an immediate solution, just adding my three-Penneth, hopefully if enough users are having similar problems the developers will take it seriously, that’s if they’re not already working on it.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!

213 postsPage 7 of 11
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11