213 postsPage 8 of 11
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
^ Next time it freezes try turning off or unplugging the audio interface

Also make sure your antivirus is configured correctly (or temporarily disable/remove).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:35 am
PreAl wrote^ Next time it freezes try turning off or unplugging the audio interface

Also make sure your antivirus is configured correctly (or temporarily disable/remove).

For the Event FX related freezes power cycling the audio interface does nothing. Sonarworks related freezes this might help- from my experience with Audio Hijack it would turn off temporarily if it lost track of the interface.

Mac does not have configurable antivirus.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by PreAl on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:03 pm
Steve Carter wroteUpgraded to latest S1v5 just a couple of days ago latest Windows 10 Pro.

First project in S1v5 (just a few tracks and a handful of plugins) made the mistake of hitting ‘save’ whilst the song was playing - S1 froze, had to reboot as Task Manager was unable to shut down the S1 unresponsive app!

I have Sonarworks but it was disabled and one track had been Melodyned but then rendered. There was an event based fx but subsequently removed but I can’t remember whether it was active at the time of the crash.

Not expecting an immediate solution, just adding my three-Penneth, hopefully if enough users are having similar problems the developers will take it seriously, that’s if they’re not already working on it.

PreAl wrote^ Next time it freezes try turning off or unplugging the audio interface.

robertgray3 wroteFor the Event FX related freezes power cycling the audio interface does nothing. Sonarworks related freezes this might help- from my experience with Audio Hijack it would turn off temporarily if it lost track of the interface.

Mac does not have configurable antivirus.

This arrow pointing upwards ^ indicates I am targeting this at the previous poster, Steve Carter, who is running Windows. You have no idea what his issue is and nor do I. If what I'm suggesting works then I will at least have some idea.

I do appreciate it's your lifetime vendetta to continuously disagree with me for whatever little reason you can possibly find however.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:19 pm
PreAl wroteno idea what his issue is

Actually, the point of this thread is we’re getting a pretty good idea of what the issue is in 5.1.1. So far it’s been narrowed down to systemwide audio plug-ins in one case and ARA EventFX in the other.

Just want to make sure that users coming here experiencing these issues in 5.1.1 know what to test, and part of that is reiterating what we know so far so more people are on the lookout. I would like to see this issue fixed and maybe some of the other posters in here do as well.

It’s nothing personal against you, though you seem to get very worked up on the forums.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by ronlyon on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:34 pm
PreAl wroteThis arrow pointing upwards ^ indicates I am targeting this at the previous poster, Steve Carter, who is running Windows. You have no idea what his issue is and nor do I. If what I'm suggesting works then I will at least have some idea.

Maybe it would be better to quote a portion of the post you are replying to rather than use your own style of indicating what you are referencing. Made even more difficult as your post is the first on the page and therefore points to nothing above.

PreAl wroteI do appreciate it's your lifetime vendetta to continuously disagree with me for whatever little reason you can possibly find however.

I can understand that, you do come across as a self elected mod sometimes.

Win 10 x64, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Reaper, Studio One 4, Komplete 9, Geist, Z3ta 2, Omnisphere, RMX, Serum.
by PreAl on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:53 am
@RobertGray You edited this out of what I've just written, literally chopping it out in mid sentence, thus totally changing the meaning of what I actually wrote.

PreAl wroteno idea what his issue is

Here is my full quote, compare the bold type you decided to cherry pick:

PreAl wrote
This arrow pointing upwards ^ indicates I am targeting this at the previous poster, Steve Carter, who is running Windows. You have no idea what his issue is and nor do I. If what I'm suggesting works then I will at least have some idea.

I do appreciate it's your lifetime vendetta to continuously disagree with me for whatever little reason you can possibly find however.

You then proceed to repeat what you said, whilst totally ignoring my full response to you above. Clear as day - an obvious trolling technique. Sad really.

by robertgray3 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:15 am
@PreAI, I’m not sure what to say to any of that aside from that I am only trying to help get an issue with the software fixed expediently, not personally attack you.

On a more on-topic note, two more findings (limited to EventFX related freezing). Thanks you Steve Carter for pointing out that you may or may not have seen this on Windows. I decided to give Windows another shot and I’m glad I did.

- On Windows 10 adding and removing inserts was not enough to trigger EventFX freezes for whatever reason. I had to rapidly change presets while Pro EQ 2 was open. The good news is it does this every time.

- Because it occurs on two platforms with three different audio interfaces with me (and Built-In Mac Output) I’m pretty confident now it has nothing to do with the audio interface.

I’ll give support the update. Hopefully with two sets of steps they can reproduce it on one of their computers. Thanks to the users who helped, especially Robdp for mentioning Melodyne! I searched other forums for the word Melodyne and found a couple people mention freezes recently which cinched it.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by robertgray3 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:42 pm
Steve Carter wrote hopefully if enough users are having similar problems the developers will take it seriously, that’s if they’re not already working on it.

Thanks again for mentioning it as it got me to look deeper on Windows and find steps for Support. Support said they were able to reproduce it on Windows finally. It's bittersweet as I'm primarily a Mac user!

If other users on Mac like @Robdp experience freezes when performing specific actions while playback is active that go away when removing all instances of Melodyne and Vocalign- don't let the fact that I've sent info to Support dissuade you from working it out with them. For whatever reason they couldn't get it happening on Mac from my ticket, maybe someone else will have better luck.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Robdp on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 pm
robertgray3 wrote
Steve Carter wrote hopefully if enough users are having similar problems the developers will take it seriously, that’s if they’re not already working on it.

If other users on Mac like @Robdp experience freezes when performing specific actions while playback is active that go away when removing all instances of Melodyne and Vocalign- don't let the fact that I've sent info to Support dissuade you from working it out with them. For whatever reason they couldn't get it happening on Mac from my ticket, maybe someone else will have better luck.

Yeah I've written to support extensively about this and told them what steps I take to reproduce the freeze and that it only happens when Melodyne/Vocalign are present as event FX in the session...
Haven't heard anything back so we'll see... Fingers crossed for a fix and an admission that it's S1 at fault rather than the other plugin companies which is the response I normally get.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by anonymouspanda on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:53 am
Great finds guys. I have been testing out today (finally) and can confirm that event FX are definitely the issue here (Windows 10).

First I tried it in a huge project with melodyne loaded on three event FX channels. It freezes really easily:
- just adding and removing FX plugins while playing freezes it
- duplicating an audio event with event FX on it freezes it

After that I reopened the exact same project, removed the three melodyne event FX instances (no others present) and did all my tests again. No freezes and I tried for 5 minutes long. The other project always froze in a few tries.

Next up I opened a really simple project with just a few synths and no Event FX. Adding plugins, duplicating etc works perfectly fine while audio is playing. Now I added Melodyne Event FX on one channel and after a minute I was able to freeze it!

Thank you everyone for figuring out the core issue here and let's hope the developers will be able to fix this asap! :D
by Robdp on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:41 am
It's both so gratifying and frustrating when you have a bug confirmed by someone else... It's awesome because hopefully we can work towards a fix which means S1 is more stable... frustrating and extremely annoying that as someone who spends 13+ hours a day in S1 that it's something I've been shouting about for ages and all I got was crickets... haha.

Really hoping we see a fix for this on Mac too!!

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by juvandes on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:56 am
anonymouspanda wroteGreat finds guys. I have been testing out today (finally) and can confirm that event FX are definitely the issue here (Windows 10).

First I tried it in a huge project with melodyne loaded on three event FX channels. It freezes really easily:
- just adding and removing FX plugins while playing freezes it
- duplicating an audio event with event FX on it freezes it

After that I reopened the exact same project, removed the three melodyne event FX instances (no others present) and did all my tests again. No freezes and I tried for 5 minutes long. The other project always froze in a few tries.

Next up I opened a really simple project with just a few synths and no Event FX. Adding plugins, duplicating etc works perfectly fine while audio is playing. Now I added Melodyne Event FX on one channel and after a minute I was able to freeze it!

Thank you everyone for figuring out the core issue here and let's hope the developers will be able to fix this asap! :D

That's my problem here too... :(

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2024|Cubase Pro 13|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares
by Robdp on Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:26 pm
Also.. Just to add that Support constantly told me to render my event FX in sessions to prevent the freezing... The only issue being is that when I have a large session, rendering is another thing that could set the freezing off so the workaround was just to print the audio to another track and hope I don't have to go back to the melodyne file.

Please can we get this fixed... PLEASE....

Producer/writer
by juvandes on Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:00 am
Robdp wroteAlso.. Just to add that Support constantly told me to render my event FX in sessions to prevent the freezing... The only issue being is that when I have a large session, rendering is another thing that could set the freezing off so the workaround was just to print the audio to another track and hope I don't have to go back to the melodyne file.

Please can we get this fixed... PLEASE....

Uoh, and why that worked well on v4 and now doesn't?
This isn't about any plug. I did a lot of testing and freezes always... :(

Please, we need this fixed!!!

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2024|Cubase Pro 13|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares
by juvandes on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 am
Updating v5.1.2

Let's hope it's resolved!!

by robertgray3 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:12 pm
From 5.1.2 release notes:

● Potential freeze when editing Event FX

The songs I created to demonstrate this issue that freeze in 5.1.1 no longer freeze in 5.1.2.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by juvandes on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm
🙏 :)

by anonymouspanda on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:35 am
Updated to 5.1.2, so far so good and two projects that did freeze really easy do not do it right now. Looking good so far and will try more in the coming days!!
by Daw Stew on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 pm
anonymouspanda wroteUpdated to 5.1.2, so far so good and two projects that did freeze really easy do not do it right now. Looking good so far and will try more in the coming days!!

are you running a Faderport with 5.1.2?
by robertgray3 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:51 pm
I use a Faderport. If I recall, we ruled out Faderports as a factor for irrecoverable freezes early on in this thread. But, either way, 5.1.2 and EventFX don’t freeze anymore, FP or not.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2

213 postsPage 8 of 11
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11