10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone here use a Sensel Morph in Studio One version 5?
I'm trying to get the Piano Overlay MPE MIDI to work but without success so far unfortunately. :(
Two of my MPE compatible Virtual Instruments, Arturia Pigments and Voltage Modular, will readily take the MPE from the Morph when in stand-alone mode but when they are used as VST plugins inside Studio One, they do not.
Neither VST2 nor VST3 versions are getting MPE from the DAW.
The Studio One 'MIDI Monitor' is 'seeing' the commands coming in, but they're not getting through to the plugins.
In 'External Devices' I have checked the MPE box but Studio One is behaving as though I HAVEN'T.
In other DAWs these plugins are responding just fine to the Sensel Morph in MPE mode.

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by chadseay on Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:45 pm
Just order the Sensel Morph and am curious about this as well.
by brpltmpg on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi,

I use a Sensel Morph with S1 V5. I was able to get MPE to work with Vember Audio Surge but there were several steps necessary until it worked:
    Load a MPE map for your overlay into the Morph
    Activate MPE for your Morph within the devices list in the S1 options
    Load the VST2 version of your instrument into a track
    Enable MPE within the GUI of your instrument if necessary
    Check "activate MPE" within the instrument menu (you can find this at the upmost top of the VST GUI window where the name of the plugin is listed)

I hope this helps! Did you manage to load the VST2 version of Pigments in S1? I only see the VST3 version and S1 doesn't support MPE with VST3 instruments...

Studio One 5 Artist, Sensel Morph, Windows 10, Intel i7-7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, Steinberg UR22mkII
New album out: http://fliederkind.com/
by kozmyk on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:24 pm
Thanks for the tips.
I've tried both VST2 AND VST3 versions of my plugins.
I had some MPE response with v5.01 and v5.02 with the VST2 version of Pendulate.
But since V5.1 I've had no luck with MPE in S1 at all.

Sphere Help Chat tried their best but we didn't succeed.
At least one of them actually had a Roli with MPE.
They passed my ticket on to Tech Support.
Tech Support weren't able to help at all as they don't have any MPE hardware AT ALL with which to do any testing.
Robin of Molten Music actually had Lee Boylan of Presonus on his live stream and he put my questions to him, on the spot as it were..
He had to admit that MPE was all rather new to everyone including Presonus and there was much to be ironed out ...

Sorry if I'm slow to respond to helpful hints on here.
My main PC keeps dying on me., as of the 23rd Nov
A council sparky droppd the power while the PC was turned on.
I asked him if they were going knock the power down and he said no.
Bigger fool me for believing him.
I have yet to fix it reliably.
I bought a new PSU that 'appeared ' to solve it but today after an hour of reboots, as I reintroduced disconnected components, the PC went dead again.
I'm typing this on it right now but gawd knows if it will reboot.
I've just removed the main GFX card and I'm running on Mobo GFX .
At least it powered up.

So as you can see. MPE isn't my main priority at the moment ...
Intermittent computer/electronic faults are the WORST ...
I'll have to try and get here on my Tablet if this fault persists.

Firepod(FP10 firmware), Studio One v5.0.1 (Sphere), Melodyne 5 Studio, Ableton Lite, Bitwig, Mixers (Soundcraft,Behringer,Studiomaster) Remotes Android, Sensel Morph, Instruments Basses, Guitars, Keyboards, Banjo, Didj, Cowbell, Mics-Dozens

Win10 Home, Intel i7 3770K 4.2GHz, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB
by scotthoward2 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:41 am
I am also having tons of problems with mpe in Studio One. I can get my Sensel Morph to act like a regular midi controller but that is all. Yes I have enabled mpe in the setup and in the plugin. I am on 5 Pro latest version. I am having TONS of midi problems in general, and just a million problems overall but I just sprang for the morph and upgraded to version 5 because of alleged MPE support and it doesn't work. AT ALL. I map out x and y and they don't work in say Aalto. There is a video on YouTube of Sensel doing this and it simply won't work in Studio One.

I upgraded from 4 because of MPE so I feel scammed. There are just infinite issues with Studio One and compatibility with anything outside their limited Presonus ecosystem.
by Tacman7 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:40 am
MPE is new to S1 so going to take a bit.

I noticed I can record channelized events with the MPE setup.

What plugins have you tried? What version of the plugs?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by kozmyk on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 pm
With renewed interest in once more trying to get MPE to work in the latest Studio One v5.2 and my Sensel Morph, I report disappointedly that there has been no improvement. :(

Current state of what works and what doesn't.
MPE X/Poly Pitch Bend does operate as it should as does MPE Z/Poly Aftertouch.
I have observed that with the MPE Y(aka Slide), after three notes are held down, the fourth and then each subsequent last note to be played WILL respond to MPE Y; but none of the previous notes.

I used both Arturia Pigments2 VST2 and Cherry Audio Voltage Modular VST2 and the behaviour is the same for both.
And,Yes, I enabled MPE both in the GUI of the plugins And in the Studio One Instrument window drop down.

The same synths in stand-alone mode work perfectly fine with MPE from my Sensel Morph.

Just in case your CS system misses it, we Have had extensive comunications regarding this back in November 2020.
That was with Tommy, Lukas and Lawrence

by laurentvigny on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pm
Hi, can you please tell.me how you managed / you could choose the Sensel Morph ro choose in the "preferences-midi-new Instruments"? I have for daynanworking on no Midi Sensel in the list. Created a new insteiment but when acrivating mpe all midi's are greyed out :( i really ausoected that with the uodate from 4.6 to version 5.5 (newest) would improve Mpe implementarion. Regards
by laurentvigny on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:40 pm
brpltmpg wroteHi,

I use a Sensel Morph with S1 V5. I was able to get MPE to work with Vember Audio Surge but there were several steps necessary until it worked:
    Load a MPE map for your overlay into the Morph
    Activate MPE for your Morph within the devices list in the S1 options
    Load the VST2 version of your instrument into a track
    Enable MPE within the GUI of your instrument if necessary
    Check "activate MPE" within the instrument menu (you can find this at the upmost top of the VST GUI window where the name of the plugin is listed)

I hope this helps! Did you manage to load the VST2 version of Pigments in S1? I only see the VST3 version and S1 doesn't support MPE with VST3 instruments...

Hi, can you please tell me how yoi managed to Activate MPE for your Morph within the devices list in the S1 ? I have no Sensel Morph to choose in the list but data is coming in when sending overlays. Same in ableton even with insalled live scripts. As well is the "usb composite device not listed in the Device Manager. What is needed, what Peter from Sensel told me so far. Desesperadoz here :(
by Tacman7 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 pm
So I would add a new keyboard in external devices:

In that dialog set the receive from dropdown to your usb driver that should show up there.

If not then you got driver problems and need to get new driver probably.

Down at the bottom of this dialog is the MPE checkbox.

Attachments
AddKeyboard.jpg

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

10 posts
Page 1 of 1