3 posts
Page 1 of 1
What's working for you guys to share a project with a remote computer for edits and transfer back? I was using a physical drive but the cloud would be much easier. The problem is that so far the upload and download times are prohibitive. I've tried One Drive and Google Drive. I see articles that review these options so I know that people are cloud sharing their S1 projects so I must be missing something. How do you guys do this so that the transfer times are manageable?

Thanks,

George

S1 Pro 5.5.0, W10 Pro 64, Gigabyte H310M S2P/i7 9700K 3.6Ghz 6C/32G ram/Crucial 500G SSD/Asus GT730/1TB WD Blue/Asus 32" mon, Audient ID14, Yam HS5/JBL 305P MkII/Kali LP6, Easy D 2, Addictive D 2, Slate Trigger 2, Fab Filter, Softube, Soundtoys, Waves, Slate PI's, Melodyne, Nektar GX49, Yamaha P71, WA73, WA2A, 1176 Bluey, Distressor, DBX160, Sansamp RBI, Palmer PI03, E drum kit based on Rol/Yam/acoustic conv, Strats/Tele/LP, Fender Mustang/Schecter basses, Martin DM,home built tube amps, WA47jr, C414xls, MD421, KM184, ATM450, M160 & just enough confidence to be dangerous
by GMHague on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:36 pm
It depends on how much you're swapping around. My co-writer musician is basically a much better guitarist than me. Once we've shared a Song via Dropbox (for me), which might involve 12-16 tracks at 48/24, we're generally only transferring one or two tracks at a time. Only I do mixes, with his feedback/opinion, so having g exactly the same plugins isn't an issue, and any odd VST instruments are rendered into wave files.
Really, we've been trying to do this for years, but only in the last 2-3 years with improvements to the internet has it been practical. And the net isn't great here in Oz ... workable.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by Tacman7 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:26 pm
Monkey Audio is a free audio compression program that might help out depending on the content.

Zero loss.

I was trying the Sphere collaboration options, kind of like a private chat where you can also post files etc.

Worked well.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

3 posts
Page 1 of 1