3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I do really like the SLIII 16R. Really, I do. But right now I could throw the whole thing, rack and all, and the brand new Win10 laptop I bought for it, in the dumpster and set it on fire.

I've got the Fat Channel modules installed on the 16R.

I've got the Fat Channel plugins in Studio One 5.

Same plugins on both.

Using the WDM audio device = no problem.

When I set the Audio Device to the 16R so I can play back recorded tracks in Studio One through the 16R, and into the P.A., the "fun" begins (where "fun" is an acronym for effed-up nonsense).

When the 16R is connected to Studio One 5, I can only load ONE Fat Channel preset in Studio One, and that single preset is applied to all channels in Studio One. If I change the preset on another channel, all channels get that preset.
In the 16R itself, each channel has its own preset like it should.

When I use Windows Audio, I can set individual Fat Channel presets on each track in Studio One. Hence, no problem, other than poor audio as is to be expected.

But when I'm using the 16R as the audio device, I only get ONE Fat Channel preset across all 16 channels in Studio One, even if I start in Windows Audio (and everything set right) and switch to the 16R, and it's driving me up the monkey forking wall!
by SwitchBack on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm
Maybe the key piece of information you need is that Studio One does not use WDM to communicate with your mixer. None of the WDM settings apply there. The WDM option is only there for audio apps that can’t do ASIO.

So all channel mapping between S1 and the 16R has to be done from S1. You can use one of the templates that come with S1 to get you started. Or you can open the Audio I/O Setup page in S1, which has a tab for Inputs and a tab for Outputs. In those tabs you have to add channels and link them to interface inputs and outputs before you can use them in S1.

Hope that helps :)
by Bbd on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm
Thanks SwitchBack.

To the OP, you can also contact Support as well.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

3 posts
Page 1 of 1