87 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Outloaf wroteI've also been having random tracks not play quite frequently- a tad frustrating and I don't really know how to submit a ticket as there aren't really any steps to reproduce this aside from hitting play.. haha

Send them a video of it happening. They’ll probably suggest very basic solutions or ideas at first (disable your plug-ins, reinstall S1, trash your preferences) and then if that doesn’t fix it they’ll start trying to figure out why some people have the problem and some don’t.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by BezowinZ on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:40 pm
The update is on sale again, but I'm still scared. My troubleshooting skills are limited to Disk Utility First Aid, reboot and reinstall. And Presonus support hasn't been very helpful with my existing issues.

Articulation sets, single track external instrument monitoring/recording, external MTC/MMC sync and secondary timeline ruler are tempting. Decisions, decisions.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by robertgray3 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 pm
Outloaf wroteI've also been having random tracks not play quite frequently- a tad frustrating and I don't really know how to submit a ticket as there aren't really any steps to reproduce this aside from hitting play.. haha

***warning: discussion thread troubleshooting ahead!*** :mrgreen:

Maybe this has something to do with automation. Not necessarily on the track that's muting.

I have never seen this problem past 5.1 and then all of a sudden while I'm drawing some Bypass automation on a stock plugin (Phaser) it started happening. I basically never do bypass automation because of clicks, so this was the only "different" thing I had done in hours on this song.

Sound familiar at all?

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by gregghart on Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:39 am
Yes, this happens to me once in a while too. Don't know how to reproduce it. The fix is to hit stop, then hit play again. Almost always works the 2nd time.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by BezowinZ on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:32 am
I'm likely going to take the plunge over the weekend and looking for & confirming advice. I'm going to take some time to make sure all my plugins are up to date then make the final decision.

1. My understanding is v5 is a separate file. I'd have both v4 and v5 with no additional steps necessary, correct?

2. I have my content/soundsets on an external SSD, but I think I relocated them after installing v4. I know there's a location option while installing. Is this just for content/soundsets? I imagine apps and plugins go to there default locations.

3. Any known issues with particular plugins/developers in v5 despite them being up to date?

4. Any Superior Drummer 3 users here? Do you get crashes when dragging from it's song track to the S1 arranger? This was a problem for me with all plugins with their own arranger, but still occasionally happens with SD3. I'm hoping it's different in v5.

bruceqld wroteI always do this manually, however I notice in V5 that when I overwrite any song made in v4, not only does it give the usual warning, it automatically saves a version of the song in it's history folder with the label V4 attached.
^from another thread^

Good to know. So no need for the manual back up of v4 song versions?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by PreAl on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:51 am
BezowinZ wrote

You should always employ a backup strategy to an external hard drive for everything. There is always a need for backups when you least expect it.

So yes, back up before you update.

Or learn the hard way.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by BezowinZ on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:35 am
PreAl wrote
BezowinZ wrote

You should always employ a backup strategy to an external hard drive for everything. There is always a need for backups when you least expect it.

So yes, back up before you update.

Or learn the hard way.

My sessions are all backed up weekly on an external drive. I was thinking of a more immediate local back up, but I hear you.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by webhamster on Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:22 am

I also have this frequently. It especially happens when a few bars are cycled, playing for a longer period of time. Indeed stopping and starting 'fixes' it.

There are also a few other bugs, but I gave up on contacting support a long time ago. Things will get fixed eventually.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by jhainline on Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:34 pm
When I enable LLM Green Z, I can hear my input source when I record arm a track. The problem I am having is when I want to do overdubs. With LLM Green Z on, I cannot hear any of my previous material on the track that is record armed, I can only hear my input source. This obviously makes overdubs impossible. My only solution is to not use LLM Green Z and to disable plugins and switch my buffer to a smaller value.

Am I doing something wrong, or is LLM Green Z only able to monitor the input signal and not previously recorded material on the same track?
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:58 pm
jhainline wroteWhen I enable LLM Green Z, I can hear my input source when I record arm a track. The problem I am having is when I want to do overdubs. With LLM Green Z on, I cannot hear any of my previous material on the track that is record armed, I can only hear my input source. This obviously makes overdubs impossible. My only solution is to not use LLM Green Z and to disable plugins and switch my buffer to a smaller value.

Am I doing something wrong, or is LLM Green Z only able to monitor the input signal and not previously recorded material on the same track?

It's somewhat unintuitive but the way that you have to do this is by engaging Record on the track, disengaging monitoring, turn on Punch In mode (with the I key), and enabling Tape Overdubs mode or whatever they call it in the wrench icon menu of the Arrange View. You press record and then as it passes the loop range it will start monitoring so you can hear it. Sometimes there will be a slight stutter as it engages monitoring.

I don't use it much because of that. My vocal tracking template has extra punch-in tracks below a lot of the vocal tracks to facilitate punch ins.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by jhainline on Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:51 pm
robertgray3 wrote
jhainline wroteWhen I enable LLM Green Z, I can hear my input source when I record arm a track. The problem I am having is when I want to do overdubs. With LLM Green Z on, I cannot hear any of my previous material on the track that is record armed, I can only hear my input source. This obviously makes overdubs impossible. My only solution is to not use LLM Green Z and to disable plugins and switch my buffer to a smaller value.

It's somewhat unintuitive but the way that you have to do this is by engaging Record on the track, disengaging monitoring, turn on Punch In mode (with the I key), and enabling Tape Overdubs mode or whatever they call it in the wrench icon menu of the Arrange View. You press record and then as it passes the loop range it will start monitoring so you can hear it. Sometimes there will be a slight stutter as it engages monitoring.

I don't use it much because of that. My vocal tracking template has extra punch-in tracks below a lot of the vocal tracks to facilitate punch ins.

Thanks Robert, yes this is totally unintuitive! I just tried your suggestion it and it worked. Not sure if this is easier than simply disabling plug-ins and going to a small buffer size. I could see this being useful when you want to overdub and you need/want to continue running a lot of plugins. One thing you still have to give up with your solution is the ability to hear the existing track and the input source at the same time, which is available we’re not using LLM Green Z. Sometimes hearing both is helpful for singers during overdubs.
Last edited by jhainline on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:12 pm
jhainline wrote
robertgray3 wrote

Thanks Robert, yes this is totally unintuitive! I just tried your suggestion it and it worked. Not sure if this is easier than simply disabling plug-ins and going to a small buffer size. I could see this being useful when you want to overdub and you need/want to continue running a lot of plugins.

The more plugins you're running, the more it will stutter when monitoring kicks in.

That's why I use a second track. I don't want to change my settings so it's easier to just keep the plugins sync'ed between two tracks and use one for punch ins.

Mac Pro 6.1
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Quantum 2
by Quietly on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:56 am
Yes I too am having the odd no sound on playback issue apart from an annoyance it is also time consuming. LOL. I am laughing as being retired I have time to burn but its still annoying. Am I right in thinking this started with the 5.1.1 upgrade? Oh and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by jhainline on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 pm
Quietly wroteYes I too am having the odd no sound on playback issue apart from an annoyance it is also time consuming. LOL. I am laughing as being retired I have time to burn but its still annoying. Am I right in thinking this started with the 5.1.1 upgrade? Oh and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Gerry

I don’t think it started with the upgrade to 5.1.1. I have had this issue in previous versions as well.
by Quietly on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:39 pm
jhainline wrote
Quietly wroteYes I too am having the odd no sound on playback issue apart from an annoyance it is also time consuming. LOL. I am laughing as being retired I have time to burn but its still annoying. Am I right in thinking this started with the 5.1.1 upgrade? Oh and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Gerry

I don’t think it started with the upgrade to 5.1.1. I have had this issue in previous versions as well.

Hmmm well it never happened to me before so maybe I was just lucky.

Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by PreAl on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:11 pm
Quietly wrote
jhainline wrote
Gerry

Hmmm well it never happened to me before so maybe I was just lucky.

Indeed if only it were that simple, a symptom does not diagnose an issue. There are multiple reasons why this can happen, drivers and firmware for starters. Drivers may not be working and need upgrading, or maybe ASIO4ALL or Cubase driver is installed and is conflicting.. etc etc etc.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Quietly on Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:52 pm
Very true PreAl here's another strange thing LOL. I was getting the odd freeze and I have just changed my Fluid Audio SR1-2 audio interface back to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen and guess what no more freezes. No I am not saying the Fluid Audio was the cause of the freezing but strange how switching an audio interface cured the problem. Onwards and upwards

by marcsmith8 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 am
Hey everyone, Marc here.
New user to Studio One in Dec. I'm a 20+ year user and a owner since Pro Tools Mix to HD & Native and Logic Pro X and sense a few people around me made the switch I decided to jump 100% in.
With that said, everything for the most part is going well and I'm learning a lot about Studio One and how close it is to Pro Tools and Logic Pro.
Right now, I've run into a snag, I'm using it with the Mackie Big Knob Studio +. When connecting the U87 to input 1, and bringing it in on a channel, I then route that to a bus, put plugins on etc. Same as I do with Pro Tools and never have or had an issue.
Only issue I'm having is, I can't hear the artist unless the "Monitor" button is on. When I press the "Record" button I can't hear the artist though I can see the meters moving.
Now, I do notice that it does NOT transfer the audio to the bus that I have it routed too. I then just put it straight to the Master and still no audio.
Other troubleshooting processes I did was, when clicking the wrench and selecting "Monitor Mutes Playback (Tape Style)" it works perfect or like it's suppose to work and I can hear the audio before recording them. Only thing is Studio One now gives me the "rainbow of death" before actually recording and pauses look wise but you still hear the music going and after 5 secs, it shows it's been recording and keeps recording until it freezes again.
Even with playback, it pauses before playing. Now, when I uncheck that, everything works fine other than recording through the mic with no outward sound. Totally stumped. Any idea's?

Thanks as always, Marc :?:

Setup: Mac Pro 4.1 to 5.1, 2x 3.46 6 core processors, RX 580 GPU w/8gig memory, 80 gig ram, Pro Tools 11HD, Logic Pro X, Akai MPC Ren w/latest software, Studio One Professional 5.1.1 software with all the plugins for Studio One Professional ala Console Shaper, CTC-1, Channel Strip Collection, All the Fat Channel XT add ons and Ampire. (I just went all the way in :)-) )
I Beta Test plugins for Black Rooster Audio, Fusion Audio, Pulsar Audio, Empirical Labs, United Plugins, Klanghelm, Sknote and many more. I love music!

Setup: Mac Pro 4.1 to 5.1, 2x 3.46 6 core processors, RX 580 GPU w/8gig memory, 80 gig ram, Pro Tools 11HD, Logic Pro X, Akai MPC Ren w/latest software, Studio One Professional 5.1.1 software with all the plugins for Studio One Professional ala Console Shaper, CTC-1, Channel Strip Collection, All the Fat Channel XT add ons and Ampire. (I just went all the way in :)-) )
I Beta Test plugins for Black Rooster Audio, Fusion Audio, Pulsar Audio, Empirical Labs, United Plugins, Klanghelm, Sknote and many more. I love music!
by Quietly on Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:56 am
Thought I would just welcome you aboard Marc as it gets a little too quiet around here sometimes. Possibly the good news is that most are making music and are not having as many problems with S1 as others are with other DAW's LOL.
Gerry

by marcsmith8 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:12 pm
Quietly wroteThought I would just welcome you aboard Marc as it gets a little too quiet around here sometimes. Possibly the good news is that most are making music and are not having as many problems with S1 as others are with other DAW's LOL.
Gerry

Thanks so much Gerry. I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get help on this or maybe I have to call them. Not sure. Marc

87 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5