11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Our S1 browser has no option to tag user content, our sample libraries etc.. no way of marking favorites , to be honest it's pretty boring, can we please get a fast streamlined smart browser in S1, seriously, the time for a better browser should be top priority in this daw.

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by Bbd on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:22 pm
Why not review the Feature Requests and see if this has already been posted.
If it hasn't, start a new FR and post the link back here for others to see.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jonhamilton2 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:15 am
https://answers.presonus.com/28848/impl ... ser-finder

Indeed it has.Apparently a smart browser is not in much demand,as this was requested in 2018. Guess it's back to Cubase just to browse properly.

Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
by inlight-toneq on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:48 am
Trust me, MediaBay is an overly complicated piece of shite. It's also slow as molasses. Coming to Studio One after spending lots of time in Cubase, you would know what I mean...
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am
I've used both Cubase and Studio One since day one. I love mediabay. Mediabay , is an excellent tool in the hands of someone who knows how to tag their content properly. I think where alot of people make mistakes with mediabay, is when they try and add everything, without taking the time, to tag folders and samples ,and presets properly.
I get along great with Mediabay and will remain on Cubase until Presonus comes to grips with a real option to tag our content properly.
What's laughable, is the S1 browser and Loops page in Presonus, it's possibly the most under developed part in s1, the daw that claims to have a great workflow, yet holds many back from being creative when it comes to organization and tagging.

by robertgray3 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Which DAWs actually have good organization and tagging aside from Cubase?

Ableton has 8 collection tags but their browser is really clunky and every search is a global search.

I haven't used Logic in such a long time I'm not sure if it got better (at least for things that aren't Apple Loops) but I don't remember it or Pro Tools having anything special.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:02 pm
Other then Cubase's Mediabay, nothing worth mentioning. That's the point, isn't it time Presonus at least attempts to bring a feature/tool which is sorely needed by creators of content?

Sample management software has had a ton of development lately in terms of standalone apps, yet our Daws are behind small developers who realize the need for such products.
It's needed, there's numerous requests for it, even in the Presonus feature request section, just worded differently. I clicked on each one to show support. A smart browser is what Komplete Kontrol / Maschine uses basically ,and those keyboards as well as Maschine sold like hotcakes. I wonder why!

Do we really have to wait until another DAW does it and set's the trend, and then everyone rushes to do it, like the common procedure which is what happens with most companies. Obviously Steinberg was ahead of everyone ,we have the same developers who created Nuendo and Cubase coding for Studio One, so they can make an even better version of it.

EG: If Ableton creates a new browser, guess who's going to be next? Every other DAW company.

by robertgray3 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:03 pm
I get the impression you think I’m saying it’s not important. I think it’s a great area for improvement. But it’s pretty clear the reason they haven’t offered us a better browser is probably the same reason no other DAWs offer a better browser, except perhaps Cubase. Not enough people appreciate it and ask for it.

I’ve voted for the browser requests but it’s not surprising why it’s taken a back seat to things like NKS support, a live show player, external instruments, retrospective record, etc.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:05 pm
No I don't assume you're not with me, and I appreciate the replys. Here's a thread back in 2015 from Kvr, https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=440809 alot of us have wanted it for along time.

The DAW world is an entire separate Universe for them. At one point in the early days of Studio One, when Jonathan Hillman worked for them, Presonus was more or less in contact with us the actual end users, and sending our idea's directly to the developers ears.

Unfortunately now I feel as if they've become like every other daw company, and they simply create what the other daw companies are creating with a slight twist.

Anyone who seriously works with content, is going to want to use a tool that makes their lives better and easier to do their jobs. I currently use a few sample managers from Resonic Pro to Sononym when working with S1 to get by, as the regular browser, isn't enough for my needs.

When I'm working in Cubase, there's no need to, as mediabay covers it quite well.

by szymonjanicki on Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:16 pm
Thats why I moved to Cubase. Not much useful improvements in S1, AtomSQ has no update since a year. People asked about Controller editor and guess what... nothing. For me it's a waste of time. Better use this time to learn some new staff in proper, solid and stable software.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:00 pm
szymonjanicki wroteThats why I moved to Cubase. Not much useful improvements in S1, AtomSQ has no update since a year. People asked about Controller editor and guess what... nothing. For me it's a waste of time. Better use this time to learn some new staff in proper, solid and stable software.

Aside from your disapproval rant, what improvement in Atom SQ were you looking for?

Also, what significant does Controller Editor provide that the already provided map editing in Studio One doesn't provide?
Most any essential controller features come from the hardware device itself (i.e. soft takeover, endless, or finite encoders, etc.).

Feel free to educate the staff, since you're so concerned about their performance, and what you feel is software stability.

Valuable time?

Cubase absolutely has some great MIDI, hardware, and CC user facilities. No one would dispute that. Studio One isn't chasing Cubase's availability there. Thankfully, it isn't.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

11 posts
Page 1 of 1