5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi to all,
beeing a long time Cubase user I here and there have a look on Studio One. I own v4.6 and some things really tease me to switch over to it. But in Cubase I love the workflow with MIDI inserts and especially the MIDI transformer, this is a very powerful way to modify MIDI data in realtime and non-destructive. Does Studio One have something similar? Did I miss it? Or maybe v5.1 has it?
Thank!
Wolfgang

Mac Mini 3,2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, macOS 10.14.6 / RME Babyface Pro FS / Studio One 5.4.1 and Cubase 11.0.40 / Roland TD-17 / Icon Platform controllers / several plugins from Waves, Toontrack, Softube, XLN-Audio, etc.
by edwine1 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:07 am
There is an Arpeggiator, a Chorder, an InPut Filter and a Repeater all under the Note FX tab at the top of the Instrument Browser, above Favourites.

Windows 10 64bit
16gb RAM
Studio One 6 Pro
Melodyne 5 Editor
Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by legobeats on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:14 am
Thanks for your reply, but that's no replacement for the transformer. It's like a small scripting engine, you could filter out certain MIDI events and manipulate them with if-then-instructions.

Mac Mini 3,2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, macOS 10.14.6 / RME Babyface Pro FS / Studio One 5.4.1 and Cubase 11.0.40 / Roland TD-17 / Icon Platform controllers / several plugins from Waves, Toontrack, Softube, XLN-Audio, etc.
by Tacman7 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:33 am
That's a subset of the logical editor if I remember right.

There's a lot of things in midi that cubase can do, I was keeping a running version of cubase around just for that reason.

Eventually I didn't keep it up, found other ways to do things.

You can get that processing in hardware, I have a midi solutions box that can do all that. Or software with Bomes translator.

https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by legobeats on Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:40 pm
Yes, the Transformer is more or less the logical editor as a plugin. This whole concept of MIDI inserts is pretty handy and I'm not ready to give it up :-) But I'll have a look at the Bomes translator.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1