7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just got Studio One 5 to record the sounds from my Roland Kit with the TD-27 module and use it as MIDI interface and I can't make the drum play the sounds from Studio One instruments ONLY. I always get the sound of, eg. Impact Base Kit together with the sound of the kits from the module.

I am setting up the module as a New Keyboard with the "Receive From" as TD-27 since I can connect the module directly to the computer via USB.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on how to solve this?

Also, does it make a difference If I set the module as the "Audio Device"?

Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
by Tacman7 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

How do you have the TD27 setup in S1?

You're using it as audio interface?

If so then it needs to be setup as the audio interface.

You want to stop listening to the incoming audio and just use the midi to drive virtual kit?

Have to see how the audio is getting into S1, you have it setup on a track?

Good to put your specs in your signature(click signature below in my signature)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by tcrespo on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:31 am
Thanks Tacman7

I was using the TD-27 as an audio interface and all the sounds came from there of course, so I plugged my earphones to my computer, changed the audio interface to Windows Audio and set it as the Playback source, which is a feature I, for some reason, did not see before.

All good now :thumbup:
by Bbd on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:24 am
Thanks for the update.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by daronkeogh on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:39 pm
Last night we tried to get S1 5 Pro to pick up the TD-27 as a multitrack via usb into the computer, not from its stereo L/R stereo outputs, so we can record and mix the full kit in the context of the song but no luck. The computer was connected to my 1824c interface. The TD27 was added to S1 as an external device (keyboard) but afterwards when we opened a new song and added a new instrument track it did not show the TD27 or the individual pieces of the kit as individual tracks. Because the individual pieces of the kit are not being picked up by S1 we cannot allocate the IO input because the TD27 is not listed as an interface with all its midi track inputs. Eg. We needed 9 separate tracks from the TD27 to show up in S1.
The plan was to record the TD27 and then mix and or add superior drummer sounds after. Wish there was a step by step process 😫
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:55 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Yea that keyboard device you created would be selected as an input to an instrument track.

So a drum plugin like EZdrummer would work. Click the monitor button to connect the input to the track and hear it.

That module can do usb audio but I'm not sure what all you have to do to get that working.

If you want the sound of the drums you would need to plug the audio outputs into your interface and make an audio recording, unless you get the usb audio working.

Lot of ways to work.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by horstmoshroom on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 pm
High there, :)
I use a TD-17 and TM-6 and my choise was to record the midi data, it's more fun playing around with sounds. I record a real drum with triggers for midi data on bass drum, snare, 4 toms, and than 4 mics over head, works quite cool :)

I don't know why, but I deceided to use the midi connection not usb,
midi is cool.
So,
- audio interface into pc usb
- TD-27 midi out --> audio interface midi in
- for the TD-27 insert in S1 options a new external device, an INSTRUMENT not a keyboard!
in that process you see that you can choose an existing instrument or a new one,
that's not importent here for making the TD-27 an external device. You can change the instrument on and on on track later. Standard midi channel is 10. For a test all or any is may choise.
Making the TD-27 a external device you have to do only one time and settings can be changed.

- Now instert a new track, an instrument track
- choose Input: All inputs | Any
- choose Output: New Instrument --> choose your superior drummer from list --> ok

Now that track receives data from any midi input.
In track header on the left you can see/read, that the Instrument Output is superior drummer.
If you play the pads on TD-27, you should see input on channel, and the midi data should be send to superior drummer.

Press record and Listen button and recor the midi data.
If recorded, deselect record and listen button an playback.

PS: If you have keyboards or other midi stuff, you have to select a seperat midi channel for superior drummer.
In Options --> External Devices --> your TD-27, change now from All midi channels to 10 only, for drums.
Check superior drummer midi settings and set it to channel 10 also!

PPS:
Another advantage of using midi is:
When the drummer quickly changes the volume of the pads for his headphones on the TD-27, the "volume" of the midi data remains the same.

PPS: If you have recorded and the midi notes do not match the instruments in superior drummer, then you have to check in superior drummer which midi notes are used. They must then be set in the TD-27, i.e. which pad sends which midi note. Once set it's done.
Otherwise, you will have to drag the recorded notes to the correct instrument within the drum track every time.

Regards,
Tino

7 posts
Page 1 of 1