11 posts
Page 1 of 1
This forum keeps forgetting my login settings, so anytime I may need to post, it requires I login, and asks, remember me, yes!! for the 5,400th time yes remember me!

The older Presonus forum,never had this problem. This sort of forum behavior seems a bit odd and unprofessional when trying to interact on a forum, I've tried numerous browsers, and they all act the same way. Is this just my cpu bugging out lol , or is this the intended expected behavior?

Can you guys who built and maintain the website, look into fixing this.

Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Apollo X6/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Kurzweil Forte 88/Virus TI2 61/Behringer DeepMind 12D/Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC X/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst
by GMHague on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:54 am
My understanding is that its your browser, OS, or iOS that remembers login details, not the website. Some websites will recognise your ISP address, but really how can the forums know who you are unless you login?
I think ... I'm not sure ... its a browser setting. Others may know more.
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 am
Happens to me too on a regular basis. Over the years we've seen quite a few changes in the forum's 'human interface', some good and some not so much. I resorted to sort of go with the flow, hoping that the next one is a goodie... ;)
by bartbalint on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am
I always find it a bit numerous to open MyPreSonus on my laptop, or this forum on my phone, see my little icon in the upper right, along with the words ‘logged in,’ and then notice that banner wanting me to prove I am human. Which then takes me to a login page, of course, and all the time my already logged-in icon is sitting there laughing. So it appears my icon is logged in, but I am not. Perhaps I, or my icon, is developing multiple personalities. But which one is really calling the shots? ;)

Studio One v5.0, Win10 1903, Quantum2, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre, Yamaha Motif6, MCU-Pro, Wacom pen tablet, ATOM, GR55, Focusrite ASA one, HPD-20, Mackie Big Knob, 8-)
by mikemanthei on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:44 pm
If you only post on the forum from one device (and the same browser each time) this little irritation goes away.
Which leads me to believe that it's not just cookies on our devices that are doing it. Presonus must be saving some "last device to post from" data on their end. Reading from lots of devices doesn't appear to be an issue....

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Steve Carter on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:08 pm
“If you only post on the forum from one device (and the same browser each time) this little irritation goes away.”

Oh no it doesn’t - I only connect/post to this forum from one device on the same browser and have done for many years now. I’ve given up now with the “remember me” which flatly refuses to remember anything regardless of where that info is supposedly stored.

My observation is that this is a ‘time’ issue - if I visit the site on a regular basis, say every 24 hours or so then no problem, leave it 2/3 days between visits, it’s forgotten about me and I have to endure the frustration of logging in again to prove myself human!

I’ve grown so tired of this “little irritation” that I sadly find myself visiting the forum less & less regularly as I no longer have the willpower or opportunity to visit every day just to keep the portal open....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One Pro, Melodyne Editor 4, Vocalign Project, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope N2-O8 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Vocalpoint on Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am
Steve Carter wroteMy observation is that this is a ‘time’ issue - if I visit the site on a regular basis, say every 24 hours or so then no problem, leave it 2/3 days between visits, it’s forgotten about me and I have to endure the frustration of logging in again to prove myself human!

+1 - this is about a 4 day thing for me. I do not understand the "1997" vibe about forgetting credentials, proving you are human and so on.

You would think that for all the trouble one has to go through to set up a Presonus account, set credentials and so on - that the 2020 experience would be lightyears better than this - espeically with a modern browser (Edge Chromium for Business here)..

I have some forums and accounts that I logged into months ago that I can just fly right back into without having to login in again.

Of course - if you routinely clear your browser cache and wipe login details I can understand the need to log back in - but this timeout crap (prove I'm Human etc) has got to be updated.

VP
by bartbalint on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 am
In my experience, I am not sure time between logins is an issue. I probably get on and off this forum more times on a daily basis than I wash my hands and brush my teeth!

Studio One v5.0, Win10 1903, Quantum2, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre, Yamaha Motif6, MCU-Pro, Wacom pen tablet, ATOM, GR55, Focusrite ASA one, HPD-20, Mackie Big Knob, 8-)
by SwitchBack on Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:38 am
I do know that the site does some housekeeping when you log off, storing which threads you viewed etc. This takes a few seconds until the site displays the index page with the welcome video. Navigating away or quitting the browser can interrupt this process. Maybe the forum’s logon status is part of this process too, whether it’s a cookie or something stored on the server. :geek:
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:49 am
Any other forum or website that I've ever used knows how to remember my settings. I'm glad I'm not the only one here that this is happening to,and glad to see there's other users who are also aggravated with this forums behavior. I think the previous forum,was 10 times better then this forum. thanks for the replies..

Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Apollo X6/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Kurzweil Forte 88/Virus TI2 61/Behringer DeepMind 12D/Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC X/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst
by PreAl on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am
The website portals here all look, feel and behave like it's in a 1990s internet time warp.

Presonus really need to rethink their customer front end strategy.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1