14 posts
Page 1 of 1
All,

I want to trigger some good acoustic drum sounds, are there some good realistic sounding ones for IMpact XT? This is a new area for me...

Thanks!

Mark

Mac Mini, 32 gig Ram, OS X 14.0 - Sonoma, PreSonus 1824C, Digimax D8, S1 6.5.1, FaderPort 8
by roland1 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:14 pm
No. :)

If you want to do some serious sounding "natural" drum programming, I would recommend looking into proprietary drum software. BFD. Superior. Slate, etc.

My opinion.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by markholley on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:21 pm
Thanks,

That's what I thought, but it worth asking. I wasn't looking to spend the extra $$$, but, it might just need to happen.

I appreciate your response!

Mark

Mac Mini, 32 gig Ram, OS X 14.0 - Sonoma, PreSonus 1824C, Digimax D8, S1 6.5.1, FaderPort 8
by roland1 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:37 pm
Glad to help. I've been here before. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by miked7 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:43 pm
You can get some decent sounds and tracks through this one.

https://www.powerdrumkit.com/

There are other free ones too - like Slate.

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by edwine1 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 am
If you don't have the cash now, there are some great free acoustic plugins. MT Power Drum Kit 2 is one of the best.

Windows 10 64bit
16gb RAM
Studio One 6 Pro
Melodyne 5 Editor
Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by sirmonkey on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:49 pm
That MT Power drum kit is very good, and super easy to use.
Another really good free one is Steven Slate Drums: http://stevenslatedrums.com/ssd-free/
* You do need I-lock anti-piracy software to be installed. I fiercely resisted getting I-lock for quite a while, but I caved because I really wanted some plugins that require it. In the 4 years since, I have not had any issues with I-Lock. It is free, and you don't need a physical dongle.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by sirmonkey on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:50 pm
phpBB [video]

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by markholley on Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:16 am
Great info...

Appreciate all the input!

Mark

by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:40 am
There are a few good cymbal samples in Studio One for changing the character of the cymbals, and a few altering snares, but yeah, the recommendations are always going to send you to a dedicated acoustic drum program.

In addition, try FXpansion BBD3, NI Battery, Superior Drummer, and Strike to name a few good ones. The free ones are simply going to not have the sample layer depth that real acoustic drums produce, but that's where your wallet will come in. :)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by edmisik on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:40 am
markholley wroteAll,

I want to trigger some good acoustic drum sounds, are there some good realistic sounding ones for IMpact XT? This is a new area for me...

Thanks!

Mark

If all you want is a good basic acoustic drum kit, what i did was go to Splice and download individual sounds/one shots etc. That way you get exactly what you want and arrange it as a kit anyway you like

If by acoustic drum sounds you mean other percussive sounds, I think the Native Instruments basic Maschine Library has a great array of kits and sounds. My library came with a Native keyboard I bought and I dont know other means to acquire, but this is a great array of well crafted drum sounds IMO

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by sirmonkey on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 pm
Lokeyfly wrote...In addition, try FXpansion BBD3, NI Battery, Superior Drummer, and Strike to name a few good ones. The free ones are simply going to not have the sample layer depth that real acoustic drums produce, but that's where your wallet will come in. :)

I have several paid drum plugins, including Strike (by AIR Music Tech). In my opinion, Strike is so close be being really great, but there are some flaws with it. Getting midi patterns into the timeline works in an odd way, and there are some glitches.

*Lokey, if you have Strike, maybe I could PM you about the issues I've had with it.
Maybe you know some workflow methods that I'm missing out on.

by miked7 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:50 pm
If you're going to look at "spendy" drum software, don't forget about Melda. He just came out with a FREE 56GB sample pack for MDrummer!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by leosutherland on Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:28 am
So, Slate 5.5 for $59 (whatever that is in £) sounds to me like a great deal? I tend to want to avoid free versions, but that just me :oops:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers

14 posts
Page 1 of 1