4 posts
Page 1 of 1
A bit confused with cue mix and outputs, etc.
I am running Studio One 4 on windows 10 with Studio Live (24.4.2) Classic mixer as the interface.
I have read several explanations and viewed videos on the subject but still have some confusion with regards to routing separate cue mixes to a headphone amplifier via the 10 aux sends on the SL 24.4.2 and control all of these functions remotely with either SL or SO remote apps. And to be honest I don't know if it is even possible.

It is obvious that I am lacking a complete picture of the signal routing and busses in the mixer and software but I not giving up. It's this analog brain I have trying to cope in a digital world.
Thanks for all your help. This forum is priceless and has saved my mixer an untimely death.
by Bbd on Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:05 pm
Do a Google search for Studio One Cue Mixes. There's tons of info out there!

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:26 pm
capnkurf wroteA bit confused with cue mix and outputs, etc.
I am running Studio One 4 on windows 10 with Studio Live (24.4.2) Classic mixer as the interface.
I have read several explanations and viewed videos on the subject but still have some confusion with regards to routing separate cue mixes to a headphone amplifier via the 10 aux sends on the SL 24.4.2 and control all of these functions remotely with either SL or SO remote apps. And to be honest I don't know if it is even possible.

It is obvious that I am lacking a complete picture of the signal routing and busses in the mixer and software but I not giving up. It's this analog brain I have trying to cope in a digital world.
Thanks for all your help. This forum is priceless and has saved my mixer an untimely death.

Here is what I do. When initially tracking a band, use the mixer to monitor the performance. Use the daw as a glorified tape reel recording in the background. Hook headphone amps directly to the aux mix outs, and send the needed channels to each aux. same as you would for monitoring a live performance. Make sure software monitoring is off in S1, and make sure the tape in for each aux is muted.

When you get to overdubbing: I still mix on the mixer, but with a slight change. A normal setup has the daw main out sending to the "tape in" on the mixer. When you are overdubbing say a vocal, the vocal is on channel 1 (or whatever channel), and the singer is set up with aux 1, make sure to go into aux 1 and unmute the tape in. at this point, all backing tracks are playing back from the daw to tape in, and blend tape in with channel 1 to get the right balance for the performer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by capnkurf on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:02 am
Thanks for the reply Matt.
I like the premise of utilizing the SL 24.4.2 for monitoring but the recording part not too clear. Do you use SO or Capture to record your tracks ? And what would be the best method for remote control of the individual cue mixes.
Could overdubbing be done on Studio One or is it easier to do with mixer. The muting and unmuting of the aux tape in has me a little confused.
Other than that I like your method.
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1