4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I hope one can help me out here, thanks in advance!
The situation:
I´ve recorded an guitar amp with 2 Mics (perfectly in phase) and I need to edit one single area where the guitar comes in to the beat a bit too early. So I set 3 bend markers on both tracks (grouped) as i usually do, one before the spot that I want to move, one behind and one exactly to the spot which I´m gonna move. This normally should not affect anything before the first and after the last marker, right? But it actually does, the sound becomes out phase all over the track, even if the untouched regions do not move during fixing this single area. My only explanation is a bug, but maybe I´m wrong. At least I hope so.
I moved to a new PC with my DAW recently and don´t remember this has ever happened on my old machine...
by Lokeyfly on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:52 am
Makes sense. Particularly where the two outside markers hold the surrounding area you're adjusting. You're right, it should not 8mpact the phase everywhere across the two mic'd tracks.

That would likely be something to open a ticket on, as I do that a lot and have not experienced this.

A potential workaround might be slice the audio events, at same start and end points, move the portion necessary . You may have to bounce or adjust the ends of the portion to be moved (as to crop), due to the non destructive nature. Then, cross fade the ends. It may take a few tries so first save, then experiment.

That might eliminate the phase issue. It would be helpful to khow much time in milliseconds you are fixing. Transient adjustments can impact surrounding areas even somewhat outside. Particularly when doable mic'ing.. Although as you say, I wouldn't expect it to be the whole track or take.

In addition, perhaps try only clipping the ends first. Don't use the center bend marker, and listen the the two tracks for phase issues. Then adjust the center. Make sure the outer bend marker locations are at the same point in time.

S1 Pro 4.6.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitoring: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6.

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

LP's "Amber & Blue", and "Reasonable Approach" available on all major distribution music services.
Simply search "James Conrad Tucker".
All songs copyright. Be safe.
by sebhaas on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:04 am
Thanks a lot for your answer!
I´ll try what you suggested and get back with the result.
by Lokeyfly on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:34 pm
It's a shot in the dark, but something worth trying, though.
Good luck!

S1 Pro 4.6.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitoring: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6.

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

LP's "Amber & Blue", and "Reasonable Approach" available on all major distribution music services.
Simply search "James Conrad Tucker".
All songs copyright. Be safe.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1