6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I;m porting my music experience over to Ableton and am wanting to take Presonus Pedalboard with me as a VST. Presonus Hub allows me to do that. It loads and runs in Ableton Live fine as a VST but I dont see a way to use my Expression Pedal with any of the pedals in Pedalboard to control either on/offs or to turn knobs...so for me that defeats the purpose. That seems lame. Contrast that to my other vst's like Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol where things works perfectly fine

Am I missing something here? or will this simply not work? There doesnt seem to be a way which is a real head scratcher.
by Tacman7 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:22 pm
Can you use your expression pedal in Studio One?

We have control link to connect hardware to software controls, not sure what they do, might ask them there.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5.1 64bit Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2
by edmisik on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:33 am
sure...was using my expression pedal in Studio One and it worked fine altho I had to do some things that shouldnt have been necessary to make it work. . it also works fine in Ableton without having to force it to work. other than with the Presonus Pedal Board where it doesnt work at all.
by robertgray3 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:08 am
Are you exposing the parameters as control targets the typical way that you have to in Live?

Live doesn’t have a system like Control Link- it’s almost entirely manual.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by edmisik on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:52 pm
robertgray3 wroteAre you exposing the parameters as control targets the typical way that you have to in Live?

Live doesn’t have a system like Control Link- it’s almost entirely manual.

Not sure I understand your question and I am new to Ableton, but for midi assigning Ableton controls I use the midi assign button and have at it. Its simple. For vst's I rely on the vst's ability to midi assign. Exp: In Kontakt inside Ableton I right click on a knob or whatever and the midi assign option appears and there ya go. It's simple. In Presonus Pedalboard Ableton midi command button does nothing inside Pedalboard and right clicking only gives me the option of 'removing the stompbox'. There arent any other commands to try I can see. Effects from Ampire produce the same result...nada. I;ve farmed off all of the Presonus Pedalboard effects I was using to Ableton, but dont yet have a solution for a wah pedal replacement yet, but one is forthcoming.
by edmisik on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm
I'm all set...everything working. thanks for the help. and allowing me to think out loud.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1