6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there all.

I'm wanting to add Impulse Responses from non-Presonus sources to Open Air as I do a lot of audio drama work and convolution reverbs for FX work are quite handy but I'm finding the bundled IRs in Open Air (Studio One 5 pro) aren't really cutting it for me. (Decent street IRs and other naturalistic acoustic spaces as the bundled ones are a bit over the top crazy effects)

I can see that Open Air references a soundset but how can I edit that soundset to add more impulse responses from other sound sources? This seems to be unnecessarily complicated to me and any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe I will have to get a third party convolution reverb like Altiverb but I want to give Open Air a good go first.

Best regards to all,

A.
by Tacman7 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:17 am
There must be a way, I would think you could make your own sound set maybe, found some results:

viewtopic.php?t=31007&p=178178

Article about using it:
https://blog.presonus.com/index.php/202 ... st-reverb/

I've not used it before, when I opened it and clicked the window a load file dialog came up.

I think if you load some different files then you can add them as a new preset and I believe it would go in the same soundset.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by sirmonkey on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm
* Just a perspective from a hobbyist...
Open Air is super tweakable, as it has its own EQ controls, wet/dry knob, pre-delay, early reflection control, tail length control, and more. You can take any single IR, and get a vast array of results by using these controls. Also, you can get IR's for free - just Google it, and you should find plenty.

There's a very good chance that you have a level of knowledge that's a lot greater than mine.
So maybe I just don't know the details of what you need. But even if that's the case, I still think
that you don't need another reverb. I'm very confident that Open Air can simulate just about anything.
Honestly, I would check out a few videos on Open Air before spending any money.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by mikemanthei on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm
You don't have to edit a Soundset file to add your own impulse response files. I got a bunch of IR files and added them manually.
Trouble is, that was years ago and I don't remember the steps but I'll take a look and see if I can remember how I did it:-)

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Morticia on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm
As mikemanthei correctly states, you don't need to do anything with Soundsets.

Just download your IR files and unzip them to a convenient location on your hard drive.
Use the OpenAir interface to browse for whichever IR file(s) you want and load it / them up.
It's really that simple.

To get you started here are my two favourite go-to reverb IR file bundles. Both happen to be free and work very well in OpenAir.
The Bricasti M7 ones in particular are gurt lush (i.e. very good sounding) -

Samplicity Bricasti M7 IRs -
https://web.archive.org/web/20190201211 ... responses/

Lexicon 480L IRs -

https://www.housecallfm.com/download-gn ... xicon-480l

Enjoy ;)

AMD Phenom quad core | 8 GB RAM | Roland UA-25 EX audio interface | Radeon HD 2400 Pro | Win 8.1 x64 | Studio One Pro v3.5.6 x64

"The queen of spades is a friend of mine, the queen of hearts is a bitch
someday when I clean up my mind, I'll find out which is which"
Gram Parsons
by sirmonkey on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:54 pm
I revisited Open Air, as I remembered that when I first tried it, I couldn't figure out how to load IR's intially. But it's actually super easy. Just click the box that I circled in red in the pic below. Then navigate to wherever you have your IR's.

* I just fiddled with it, and in just seconds I could get a single IR to generate all kinds of results just with the EQ knobs and dry/wet knob. Then there's everything else- Open Air is an excellent reverb in my opinion. I would bet money that you'll get the results you need.

Edit: I posted the same link for the Bricasti M7 that Morticia posted. Definitely grab that!
And I'm definitely going to check out the Lexicon link- Anything Lexicon is bound to be good.

Attachments
Open Air.JPG

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1