4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I;ve determined what I would like to routinely do is to create stuff in Ableton Live Session View and send/record/transfer the results over to Studio One Arranger (instead of Ableton Arranger View) to polish it all up.

I dont know much about this stuff, but is there a simple way to do that using Rewire or something? Ideally if I could just hit record somehow to get this done that would be great or maybe there are multiple ways to get this done. I;m obviously looking for the best/simple way. I googled a bit and didnt find. Thanks
by Jemusic on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:50 pm
The first thing that comes to mind is to get Ableton's arrangement view to record the Session View performance, which you can do of course then export all the arrangement view tracks individually and then import them into Studio One.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.1 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by edmisik on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:25 pm
Jemusic wroteThe first thing that comes to mind is to get Ableton's arrangement view to record the Session View performance, which you can do of course then export all the arrangement view tracks individually and then import them into Studio One.

Thanks. Thats' cumbersome..might as well just stay in Ableton. I guess Rewire doesnt do stuff like that and it wouldnt work to have simultaneous sessions open side by side and drag and drop from Ableton to S1..i;d have to mixdown and save and insert everything
by robertgray3 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:45 pm
That’s the traditional way of exporting stems in any DAW. It’s not as cumbersome as it sounds. Ableton’s not as fast with it as Studio One but their exporting window makes it pretty easy.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

4 posts
Page 1 of 1