14 posts
Page 1 of 1
wanted to check once a month for new features....
did they update the autoscroll to full feature yet?? so the cursor and the tracks move in sync...like other DAWs...?
by Jemusic on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm
Studio One does not do this for now. Tracks remain still and only the cursor moves. Make sure AutoScroll is on though in order to keep seeing parts of the arrangement that the cursor is on.

Personally I have been very happy with how it has been working.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.1 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by bwblake on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:54 pm
the cursor flies across the screen because of this missing feature...when its staying in the middle
it gives you a stable view....could you ask Gregor if it could be modified...I'm sure the coding would be very simple..
by Bbd on Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:47 pm
Please check for feature requests for this and vote on it!
Gregor is not the right contact for a question like this.

Bbd

Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 am
bwblake wrotewanted to check once a month for new features....
did they update the autoscroll to full feature yet?? so the cursor and the tracks move in sync...like other DAWs...?

We had this in the 90s.
I wish we had it.
Post a feature request link.

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by robertgray3 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:24 pm
I remember that, too. Disliked it :)

There’s a feature request you can vote for here for adding this option

https://answers.presonus.com/21350/opti ... 350#q21350

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by bwblake on Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:53 am
I voted for it. good enough.
Last edited by bwblake on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
by shanabit on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:15 pm
bwblake wroteI would bet real money that NO real music producer would touch a DAW that doesn't have a fully functioning autoscroll. Zero. No way. The most common thing you do in a DAW is playback and watch the screen.You listen and watch.
You want to hear over and over and you want to see the waveform in detail.
Without the full autoscroll the cursor flies across the screen and then a page loads and it is absurdly distracting. NO other DAW is limited in this way that I know of. So why is it this way??? Because Studio ! is not that good a DAW.

As a NON REAL PRODUCER, lol
Just my 2 cents, I have NEVER used the Stationary Cursor in Cubase and have used it since SX1.
I could see where film scoring, scoring in general would benefit from it as well as POST.

Does PooTools have a stationary cursor? I haven't used it in years, just asking

S1 Pro 4.6.2, Cubase Pro 10.5.20
OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
Steinberg MR816X, Steinberg CC121
2010 MacPro Dual 2.4 Quad, 14 GB Ram
by Jemusic on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 pm
Serious music producers would be less concerned with how the cursor moves. There are many other much more important factors that would determine DAW choice. Fixed cursor is only a matter of opinion. I don't like the moving tracks at all. Some DAW's move the cursor and the tracks which I find horrible.

You can squeeze up the arrangement a little anyway so the screens jump less from screen to screen. Also if you have two screens positioned side by side you can spread the entire arrangement across both of them too. And see everything without any screen scrolling. When you are jumping markers all over the arrangement, the tracks being still and just the cursor moving around could be considered easier and better.

I think it should be an option for those who do like it.

Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.1 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lokeyfly on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:39 pm
Never much cared for the stationary cursor. Perhaps some prefer it. I can respect that. Just not for me. I'm sure developers have pondered it. I'd much rather see the waveforms as they are, fixed in place so I don't have to see or chase them in motion.

bwblake wrote: Without the full autoscroll the cursor flies across the screen and then a page loads and it is absurdly distracting

A little touch of the melodramatic? No?

bwblake wrote: NO other DAW is limited in this way that I know of. So why is it this way??? Because Studio ! is not that good a DAW.
I know PreSonus has hyped the hell out of it and put 1000 videos on You Tube
as if to make it seem like many people are using it

hmmm, thats it. Hype the hell out of it, and they'll give away free stuff. It'll look like a lot of people are using this DAW. Damn, our cover is blown.

bwblake wrote: Thats a very American way of trying to fool people into using something because so many other people are using it. It doesn't have to be true. Just make it seem like they are.

if you have something on your mind, say it. If you use Cubase instead, use it. You're message has come off very troll like.

Just a brief comment here on the Studio One Forum Mod's. You guys have amazing restraint, and are hugely polite. This forum is very friendly, and has managed to be that way for as long as I can remember. My hat is off to you for your patience, and candor. You manage to help a huge variety of folks coming in. You either resolve issues, or point matters in the right direction. Kudos to the many users here who do the same.

I'd have dropped this post pretty quickly, but I understand that you keep things visible for a while. Even when the poster can be pretty crass.

bwblake wrote: Just my 2 cents. I am done with this issue. I hope someone at PreSonus
who is smart sees this.

phpBB [video]

S1 Pro 4.6.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitoring: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6.

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

LP's "Amber & Blue", and "Reasonable Approach" available on all major distribution music services.
Simply search "James Conrad Tucker".
All songs copyright. Be safe.
by bartbalint on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 pm
Personally, I would like to have the option of a stationary cursor or a moving cursor. If I have extracted a chord track and I am playing along, I am always looking ahead to see the next chord. With the moving cursor, the cursor goes all the way to the edge of the screen, before the song shifts, and I am always a split second behind at that point. Actually, it would be nice to continue having the moving cursor but have the song shift perhaps a bar before it actually gets to the edge of the screen.
Is there a way in StudioOne to set that option?

This is mostly if I am playing/learning/adding to someone else song. I could always make a lead sheet, but then I still have to be turning pages! We all have our preferences and personal creativity flows.

Studio One v5.0, Win10 1903, Quantum2, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre, Yamaha Motif6, MCU-Pro, Wacom pen tablet, ATOM, GR55, Focusrite ASA one, HPD-20, Mackie Big Knob, 8-)
by Lokeyfly on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:37 pm
bartbalint wrote.......Actually, it would be nice to continue having the moving cursor but have the song shift perhaps a bar before it actually gets to the edge of the screen.
Is there a way in StudioOne to set that option?

Unfortunately, no my friend. Would be a nice option though!

S1 Pro 4.6.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitoring: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6.

Latest albums on iTunes

LP's "Amber & Blue", and "Reasonable Approach" available on all major distribution music services.
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 pm
bartbalint wroteIs there a way in StudioOne to set that option?

robertgray3 wroteThere’s a feature request you can vote for here for adding this option

https://answers.presonus.com/21350/opti ... 350#q21350

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Lokeyfly on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:49 pm
Voted up. Probably won't ever use it, but if it helps the cause and remains lean, then fine.

I'd much rather see development energy put towards dynamic tracking, where active tracks are displayed.
Cheers.

Latest albums on iTunes

14 posts
Page 1 of 1