9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

As mentioned on the subject of this thread, I have a problem using the transport buttons on my M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 keyboard controller. I don't have any problem with other DAWS like Ableton and Reaper (definitely not a unit problem), and I tried the MIDI learn method but it just doesn't read. On the external device window, the controller is also properly connected.

I made this thread based on suggestion from the customer support dept so I hope you all can enlighten my problem. Thank you in advance. I hope you all are well :thumbup:

Keystation_LI.jpg
by Trucky on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 am
What version of Studio One?

What M-Audio device did you select in External Devices?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by ladislas12 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 am
Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem with my M-AUDIO Keystation 61 MK2 and Presonus Studio one 4 (Windows 10 64b).
I tried manything, I mean, all M-Audio devices, new controler, new keyboard, also Makie HUI and Makie control.... useless.
Could you please help us?

Thank you and have a great day.
by raymunro on Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:50 am
I see this is a old thread without a solution
I have a similar issue with novation launchkey 37 mk3.
I can get midi learn to accept the launchkey and if I click the virtual button in the midi learn window it works fine, but when using the keyboard button it doesn't work correctly. So maybe an issue with the hui interface?
I gave up and went back to the laptop.

Chillblast 17 inch laptop, i7 processor , 500 ssd and 1TB ssd internal drives , 16 gb ram. Audiobox two I, artist edition. Godin lgxsa and roland gr20 guitar synth. Novation launchkey 37 SO 5.2
Ex Yamaha aw1600 user.
by mycbeats on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:34 pm
According to the M-Audio manual:
-Press advanced button
-Press the keyboard key labelled "DAW", Keep pressing until the Octave LEDs become Orange
-Press the Keyboard key labelled "Enter"

Now in Studio One.
-Open external devices page,
-Add
-Under Mackie choose HUI
-Set "Receive from" to something like "MIDIIN2 (Keystation MK3)".

With most MCU/HUI enabled devices, those messages are sent on a different port than standard CC which is why in this case MIDIIN2 must be selected.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by ladislas12 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:36 am
Youhoooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your post, it works well now :)
by mrukkila on Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:59 pm
Just in case there are others that had this problem I wanted to share my solution to the problem.

I got a M-Audio Oxygen 49 IV a few days ago and though I could play the keyboard and get the sliders and knobs to work I couldn't get the transport buttons (c27-C30 etc.) to work. I could see that the midi signal was being recieved by the DAW but no matter how I tried I couldn't get Play, Stop or Record to work.

The solution I came to was removing the Oxygen 49 from the midi list. And on reinstall I set it up as a keyboard with only the slider and knob controls. I did not press any of the buttons (C18-C30) during this install. Then, after the keyboard was set up, I also installed a new midi device named "Oxygen 49 IV CS" as a control surface. There was a warning message that came up that warned of duplicate midi messages but I had not pressed the (C18-C30) buttons on the previous setup and so I disregarded it. In Midi learn I was able to use the tranport buttons and they work now for me and at the writing I haven't noticed any problems.

Please note both the keyboard and control surface recieve midi data from the same device.

I hope that helps.
by barrychabala on Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:04 pm
Just saw this old thread and non of these solutions worked for me. Im in the latest 6 pro and i have a keystation 88 mk3. whatever i try, i cant get the stop, start & record buttons to work.

Any new thoughts on this or has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks

Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 7+, i7/ 16GB Ram Scarlett 4i4
by brent mosher on Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:15 pm
mycbeats wroteAccording to the M-Audio manual:
-Press advanced button
-Press the keyboard key labelled "DAW", Keep pressing until the Octave LEDs become Orange
-Press the Keyboard key labelled "Enter"

Now in Studio One.
-Open external devices page,
-Add
-Under Mackie choose HUI
-Set "Receive from" to something like "MIDIIN2 (Keystation MK3)".

With most MCU/HUI enabled devices, those messages are sent on a different port than standard CC which is why in this case MIDIIN2 must be selected.

Another thanks for this post. Worked right away.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1