8 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I used protools, I could push shift+space to get half speed playback. This was really helpful when writing automation at mixdown because I'd essentially have twice as much time to tweek the faders and could be more accurate. (=faster work flow).

Is there such a feature on studio one 4? And if so, how do I do it?

Thanks
by Tacman7 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:15 pm
I noticed a thing like that in Mdrummer and the EZ line.

You could change the tempo, as long as you're talking about instrument tracks.

Audio can only go a limited amount.

Welcome to the Forum!

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jascoduende on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 pm
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm talking about audio tracks. I just want to be able to play them at half speed while I do automation during mixdown because it makes so much easier to be accurate with the automation.
by Tacman7 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Try it and see.

Make sure the track tempo parameter in the inspector is set to time stretch and play around with the different time stretch algorithms to see which works best for you.

Try going from like 120bpm down to 90bpm maybe and see if that helps with automation.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by DavidPerry4527 on Sun May 05, 2024 7:23 pm
jascoduende wroteThanks for the welcome.

I'm talking about audio tracks. I just want to be able to play them at half speed while I do automation during mixdown because it makes so much easier to be accurate with the automation.

Open the tempo track and set the tempo there. You can play back between 60 and 400 bpm, I learned after searching.

This was incredibly hard to find for such a simple thing.

phpBB [video]
by Lokeyfly on Mon May 06, 2024 11:19 am
Tacman7 wroteYou could change the tempo, as long as you're talking about instrument tracks.

Audio can only go a limited amount.

Greetings and welcome to the forum, DavidPerry4527!

There is no real problem with changing tempo at all, when varying reliable audio tracks (within reason). Tacman7 might be thinking of pitch limits sounding real? Dunno. I was just learning parts of fast guitar picking at 100 bpm. I reduced the tempo to 50, then 25 bpm if I remember right. I thought it was less than 40 bpi, but maybe I'm mistaken. I didnt use the tempo map, but instead chanded tempo on the transport bar. No 40 bpi limit. Overall, not a problem with audio pitch or levels for identifying or adjusting notes whatsoever.

Perhaps depending on what your editing, be a little careful with gain riding at extreme tempo changes and make sure to verify going back to your final tempo and checking the actual performance levels afterwards. So possibly, there may or may not be any time saved at all. You can also opt to draw in automation using the line tool, which works wonders when setting fast and rather precise level/pan and other automation on the fly.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Tacman7 on Tue May 07, 2024 8:35 am
Ya, I was referring to lets say a vocal part, you can experiment to find the limits but you can do a few half steps in either direction without being able to tell anything has been done. Maybe extreme pitch changes would fit your needs but it would not be called transparent. Think of Cher.

Choosing the right algorithm can have a big effect, depends on your content. It's amazing what can be done but has definite limits if you're focusing on the quality of the results.

Forum Moderator.

by Lokeyfly on Tue May 07, 2024 10:52 am
Tacman7 wroteYa, I was referring to lets say a vocal part, you can experiment to find the limits but you can do a few half steps in either direction without being able to tell anything has been done. Maybe extreme pitch changes would fit your needs but it would not be called transparent. Think of Cher.

Choosing the right algorithm can have a big effect, depends on your content. It's amazing what can be done but has definite limits if you're focusing on the quality of the results.

Best I could tell, the OP was looking at half speed tempo, or any tempo speed while maintaining the same pitch. Simply for Automation needs. That's real flexible in S1. I never hit any tempo barrier as I was at 25% of 100 bpm. A challenging part, I'm writing something in 7/4 time.
The beauty is as usual, Studio One always delivers. Pitch shifting too (as long as the subject was brought up), is really one of the best DAW's I've come across with pitch correction. Quite forgiving. I'll rarely ever exceed about three to seven semi tones away (three with vocals).
Anyway, I don't believe pitch was any question here.

Yeah, the pitch stretching in that Cher song.... eeeesh! (cringe). ;)

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

8 posts
Page 1 of 1