96 postsPage 5 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
williamhajjar wrote
Its an actual Mac, the new 2020 27 inch imac. I put my specs in the sig.

The UAD card is a satellite thunderbolt 3. Just did a fresh install on UAD does not seem to help. Im getting dropouts on Massive passive and capitol chambers most of the time. The others do temporarily bug out. And I know those are high dsp but Im getting disables with those even with ample room. Like 4 full cores available etc.

All plugins were reinstalled just 2 weeks ago for this new mac. I literally did a full reset brought my projects in. And its not because of that because studio one 5 was very unstable on my mac mini before the move. I dont have a million plugs either. I used softube, soundtoys, toontrack, spectrasonics, and uad. Literally, so its very unlikley the plugs especially since htey were all installed fresh on this computer.

Im just waiting for support and hopefully they have answers. Another thing is my latency on Hardware inserts has gone up from 10ms to 25ms when using pipeline stereo. Everything on V5 is just worse for me. Using an apogee symphony mkii thunderbolt.

Contact UA Support : https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by vitsolncev on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:10 am
Presonus when you will fix a problem with pattern in scratchpad?the problem continues from version 4.you could not fix this bug from 4.0 to 5.2. Have a conscience
by vitsolncev on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:14 am
I also cannot work because of sounds cuts. You should be aware of this latency issue on plugins. latency is broken in 5.0. even if I just open the browser, I will get this problem. There are a lot of scenarios in which the problem appears. Have a conscience. you have to fix the studio one we pay money for it. This is not only my problem, we tested it on 15 different PCs of different people. It's doedn't workble now.
by Anderton on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:52 am
Some really good advice: viewtopic.php?p=245053#p245053

I had a problem with the Studio 192 interface. I didn't post about it, I opened a ticket. I went back and forth multiple times with support because they were unable to reproduce it, until I eventually provided a clue that allowed PreSonus to reproduce the issue and isolate the problem. Two weeks later there was a firmware update, and the problem was solved.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by brettgoodkin on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 am
williamhajjar wrote
PreAl wrote
williamhajjar wrote I cant go back because all my projects have been opened on studio one 5 and cant work on 4.

Where are your backups?

If you don't have a backup strategy now is the time to learn the lesson for next time. Buy a large external hard drive and use cloning software. Run it regularly and especially before you update software.

I have backups of my studio one sessions but they are unusable in the previous version. All my important sessions have been opened in studio one 5 therefore making them unusable in studio one 4. And I have updated my backup of those since then so they are all on the 5 version. I didnt think of not updating the version on a backup because I never expected so many issues from a studio one release to the point where I have to revert.

Lesson learned. When I find a way to get stability again im never updating OS or Studio one again. Ive just literally been Using studio one since version 2 and NEVER had an issue with the latest OS or the latest Version. I always upgrade immediately. So this is an isolated case.

EDIT: Ive contacted support and dont expect a response until Monday or Tuesday. In the meanwhile is there a clean way to just uninstall Studio one 5 and do a reinstall. Or do you have to really do a backup of all song files and nuke those as well?

Actually... open up an older version of studio one and start opening up auto saved versions of these projects... the most recent ones will probably not work because they’ll be version 5, but, soon enough, you should find one done in v4.xx and it’ll open fine

Further:

I literally have no symphony any longer for anyone who updates their daw blindly when the update tells them upfront that saving under the new version will make that file unusable in prior versions of the daw... it’s 2020 for God’s sakes... if you’re a pro, you know how this works already and would never do something so foolish... if you’re just a hobbyist? Again, that warning window is there for a reason. Just because you blindly click through it doesn’t release you from responsibility of your own recklessness.

Keep the old version installed... keep current copies of projects saved under that version.

If you feel the need to open these sessions with the new version, do it! I do all of the time... but, as soon as open it, click SAVE AS, give it a unique name and now you’ll have a new version of the project.. so, you’ll be protected.

I know, I’m the a-hole

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by Jemusic on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:16 pm
All you have to do after opening a V4 song file in V5, is do a SAVE AS and simply add 'V5' at the end of the song title. Then you have got both.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by antonsherar on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:34 am
Am i missing something?
Where did the "stop at marker" option go? I can't find it on any of my markers now.

Edit: Just figured it out - it's because it doesn't exist on end markers.
by spectacular g on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:28 am
Anyone here capable of getting a support ticket dealt with? I've been locked out of my sphere acct since Sept 5th and my ticket has yet to be replied to. I paid for a year's sub and got no e-mail verification with key. It's a real bummer. And yes I checked my spam folder.

Thanks JFG
by Skijumptoes on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:57 am
spectacular g wroteAnyone here capable of getting a support ticket dealt with? I've been locked out of my sphere acct since Sept 5th and my ticket has yet to be replied to.

Can you still access mypresonus or does it try to forward to sphere page?
https://my.presonus.com/support/open

Win11 Desktop - Ryzen 7 / RTX 3070Ti UMC 1820 & Liquid Saffire 56 | Macbook M1 Pro 16" & Steinberg UR22C | Studio One v6
by PreAl on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am
leonseaman wrote
spectacular g wroteAnyone here capable of getting a support ticket dealt with? I've been locked out of my sphere acct since Sept 5th and my ticket has yet to be replied to.

Can you still access mypresonus or does it try to forward to sphere page?
https://my.presonus.com/support/open

Sphere menu navigation is a nightmare:
https://sphere.presonus.com/home

Once you are in click the globe icon at the top of the page, in the middle of a menu (a hidden "Easter egg" :roll: ) which will display the support button.

Or do what I do, avoid the menu navigation spaghetti altogether (sorry Presonus but your website portals are an absolute rodent maze, and gives off an image from the 1990s, much like how these forums look!) and just go to their support portal.

https://support.presonus.com/home - submit a request top right hand corner. If you don't see it, sign in and try the link again

If you already created a ticket check that it hasn't been closed.

Btw we only just discussed this, troubleshooting should be on its own seperate thread and not here.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by webhamster on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:11 am
Does nobody else have the problem that after a restart the edit window is always docked? This started happening in 5.0.

S1 6.5.1 - MacOs 13.6.2 MacBook 14" M1 max - interface: Quantum 2
by frank.crow on Wed May 12, 2021 6:26 am
williamhajjar wroteLast post here because of the "hijacking".

Support told me after I sent a system report that it could be my softube console 1 causing crashes. They have been having problems apparently.

Two problems. I got console 1 just 2 weeks ago and have been having problems since july. Also I dont run console 1 on my sessions till mixing and my problems are before that. Also.....DOESNT SOFTUBE LITERALLY PROMOTE STUDIO ONE ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR FULL INTEGRATION? Along with their other plugins like Tape that have literally Studio one specific functions. Unacceptable.

My last post. Yes I sent this info to him but after that response im not expecting any real help. Im just reverting.

You are not alone. Console 1 has ongoing issues with Studio One. Just when I find a suitable workaround it fails and I have to find another.

I just received a response from softube support claiming no one else has reported anything.

My issue will usually result in the GUI being corrupted and the only functionality is with the input and output meters. It will even cause my whole system to lag. Sometimes Studio One auto save will run endlessly

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by robertgray3 on Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 am
frank.crow wroteI just received a response from softube support claiming no one else has reported anything.

I find that surprising. When I was considering purchasing it, I searched for “Console 1” on a few Facebook groups and Forums and was blown away how many people were reporting issues with integration in various DAWs. Since that’s the selling point of the whole thing, I declined to invest in their system.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by frank.crow on Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm
robertgray3 wrote
frank.crow wroteI just received a response from softube support claiming no one else has reported anything.

I find that surprising. When I was considering purchasing it, I searched for “Console 1” on a few Facebook groups and Forums and was blown away how many people were reporting issues with integration in various DAWs. Since that’s the selling point of the whole thing, I declined to invest in their system.

I was surprised by the techs comment too. It’s actually pretty amazing when it works but I have had to Progressively cut aspects of my workflow to accommodate the returning glitches.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by aduki on Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 pm
I was thinking of getting a Console 1 Mk2.
Now I'm not.
Anyone like to chime in?
by frank.crow on Sun May 23, 2021 3:43 pm
aduki wroteI was thinking of getting a Console 1 Mk2.
Now I'm not.
Anyone like to chime in?

I told the tech about these complaints and he asked for the website. I explained it was a customer only forum and one had to have a Presonus product registered. Too bad because he really seemed oblivious to all of these complaints. Probably thought I was exaggerating.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)