96 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PreAl wrote^ Could be an idea to put your specs in your signature.
If you are running Catalina make sure you are on the very latest update, there have been issues with this OS which I've experienced and have cleared when I updated.

I dont know how to do that Ive never used these forums.

Specs are

Catalina 10.15.6 (this is the latest)
10th gen 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

So as you see with 72gb of ram and a new i7 8 core processor. I shouldnt be having many issues. And by many I mean ANY issues.

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt 3
Apogee Symphony mkii Thunderbolt
by Anderton on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 pm
PreAl wroteCould be an idea to put your specs in your signature.
If you are running Catalina make sure you are on the very latest update, there have been issues with this OS which I've experienced and have cleared when I updated.

+1, same here. Also make sure all your plug-ins are updated to the most recent versions. If you do end up doing a full wipe, install ONLY Studio One 5 and see what happens.

Until you find a solution, if you have mission-critical projects you can save out your stems in Studio One 5 and import them as into Studio One 4. Good luck!

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by PreAl on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:07 pm
williamhajjar wrote

Specs are

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

So as you see with 72gb of ram and a new i7 8 core processor. I shouldnt be having many issues. And by many I mean ANY issues.

Please make sure all your UAD stuff is up to date. That means plugins, drivers and firmware.

I don't see the specific model of your UAD card in the specs.

Is your PC actually an Apple computer, if so what model?
Or are you running a hackintosh?

The user control panel link is at the top of this page, have a search for it, it's there somewhere. We've all had to find out how to alter our signatures ourselves.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by williamhajjar on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:55 pm
PreAl wrote
williamhajjar wrote

Specs are

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Please make sure all your UAD stuff is up to date. That means plugins, drivers and firmware.

I don't see the specific model of your UAD card in the specs.

Is your PC actually an Apple computer, if so what model?
Or are you running a hackintosh?

The user control panel link is at the top of this page, have a search for it, it's there somewhere. We've all had to find out how to alter our signatures ourselves.

Its an actual Mac, the new 2020 27 inch imac. I put my specs in the sig.

The UAD card is a satellite thunderbolt 3. Just did a fresh install on UAD does not seem to help. Im getting dropouts on Massive passive and capitol chambers most of the time. The others do temporarily bug out. And I know those are high dsp but Im getting disables with those even with ample room. Like 4 full cores available etc.

All plugins were reinstalled just 2 weeks ago for this new mac. I literally did a full reset brought my projects in. And its not because of that because studio one 5 was very unstable on my mac mini before the move. I dont have a million plugs either. I used softube, soundtoys, toontrack, spectrasonics, and uad. Literally, so its very unlikley the plugs especially since htey were all installed fresh on this computer.

Im just waiting for support and hopefully they have answers. Another thing is my latency on Hardware inserts has gone up from 10ms to 25ms when using pipeline stereo. Everything on V5 is just worse for me. Using an apogee symphony mkii thunderbolt.

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by PreAl on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by bridger on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Upgraded to 5.02 on 9/8/2020 and have not been able to use Studio One 5 Pro Sphere since. It crashes, freezes, occasionally opens but runs too fast with no sound. Sample rate in project is 44.1. Sample rate changes to 92.2 on its own in Universal control, separate from Studio One. Everything worked fine before the update. I contacted support but their suggestions have not fixed the issues yet. Didn't get an answer today so I guess support is off for the weekend. Not been a good upgrade for me. Anyone having similar issues? At this point I'm thinking I need to uninstall the upgrade and try again. Can anyone tell me the steps to redo?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80Hz 2.81GHz
12GB Ram
64 bit OS
Studio One 5 Pro Sphere
Presonus Studio 68c
Roland TD50
Superior Drummer 3
by williamhajjar on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:27 pm
bridger wroteUpgraded to 5.02 on 9/8/2020 and have not been able to use Studio One 5 Pro Sphere since. It crashes, freezes, occasionally opens but runs too fast with no sound. Sample rate in project is 44.1. Sample rate changes to 92.2 on its own in Universal control, separate from Studio One. Everything worked fine before the update. I contacted support but their suggestions have not fixed the issues yet. Didn't get an answer today so I guess support is off for the weekend. Not been a good upgrade for me. Anyone having similar issues? At this point I'm thinking I need to uninstall the upgrade and try again. Can anyone tell me the steps to redo?

Glad you posted this. Yes this update ruined everything for me. Check me previous posts. There is something going on with this update. Are you on Mac catalina by any chance? Maybe we can start narrowing it down to a specific OS. In fact right before I posted this my studio one session crashed with 4 channels up on a new track, randomly because I clicked a new track and apparently it cant handle that much information on studio one 5.

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by PreAl on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 am
williamhajjar wrote
bridger wroteUpgraded to 5.02 on 9/8/2020 and have not been able to use Studio One 5 Pro Sphere since. It crashes, freezes, occasionally opens but runs too fast with no sound. Sample rate in project is 44.1. Sample rate changes to 92.2 on its own in Universal control, separate from Studio One. Everything worked fine before the update. I contacted support but their suggestions have not fixed the issues yet. Didn't get an answer today so I guess support is off for the weekend. Not been a good upgrade for me. Anyone having similar issues? At this point I'm thinking I need to uninstall the upgrade and try again. Can anyone tell me the steps to redo?

Glad you posted this. Yes this update ruined everything for me. Check me previous posts. There is something going on with this update. Are you on Mac catalina by any chance? Maybe we can start narrowing it down to a specific OS. In fact right before I posted this my studio one session crashed with 4 channels up on a new track, randomly because I clicked a new track and apparently it cant handle that much information on studio one 5.

The issue you describe appears completely different.
Before you even want it resolved you need to supply clear steps to repro..

Regardless if you want to compare notes and start troubleshooting please start a new thread otherwise this one will veer off into the ether.

BTW did you read my last post?

by Bbd on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:55 am

Please contact Support about your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:56 am
williamhajjar wrote

Please contact Support for your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 am
If anyone has a specific issue, please start a new topic and don’t post it here as PreAI has already stated.
Also, contact Support if you have technical issues.
Thanks!

Bbd

by PreAl on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 am
williamhajjar wrote I contacted support but their suggestions have not fixed the issues yet. Didn't get an answer today so I guess support is off for the weekend.

Bbd wrotePlease contact Support for your issue.

:)

Ok in fairness you were probably referring to the other guy!

by Bbd on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:37 am
Thanks. I saw more than one issue brewing.

Bbd

by williamhajjar on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 am
PreAl wrote
williamhajjar wrote

The issue you describe appears completely different.
Before you even want it resolved you need to supply clear steps to repro..

Regardless if you want to compare notes and start troubleshooting please start a new thread otherwise this one will veer off into the ether.

BTW did you read my last post?

Yea im going through them right now thanks for the info! But honestly UAD is the least of the problems. Its just another thorn. But that would be good to fix 1 thing at a time!

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by bridger on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 pm
My operating info
12GB Ram
64 bit OS
Studio One 5 Pro Sphere
Presonus Studio 68c
Roland TD50
Superior Drummer 3

Sorry for high jacking the thread. Didn't realize I was doing that.

12GB Ram
64 bit OS
Studio One 5 Pro Sphere
Presonus Studio 68c
Roland TD50
Superior Drummer 3
by williamhajjar on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:08 am
Last post here because of the "hijacking".

Support told me after I sent a system report that it could be my softube console 1 causing crashes. They have been having problems apparently.

Two problems. I got console 1 just 2 weeks ago and have been having problems since july. Also I dont run console 1 on my sessions till mixing and my problems are before that. Also.....DOESNT SOFTUBE LITERALLY PROMOTE STUDIO ONE ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR FULL INTEGRATION? Along with their other plugins like Tape that have literally Studio one specific functions. Unacceptable.

My last post. Yes I sent this info to him but after that response im not expecting any real help. Im just reverting.

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by bruceqld on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm
Just a quick query for the admins. I am confused as to why you would tell people having issues with V5 not to post in the V5 discussion thread. This is where people look to check the progress of the release. If users don't post issues here what is it for?

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB
by PreAl on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm
bruceqld wroteJust a quick query for the admins. I am confused as to why you would tell people having issues with V5 not to post in the V5 discussion thread. This is where people look to check the progress of the release. If users don't post issues here what is it for?

So is the rest of the Studio One forum just for studio one versions below 5 if I'm to take that to its logical conclusion?

Imagine if everybody troubleshooted their issue on this thread all at once.This thread would go out of control and nobody would be able to follow it or communicate effectively.

Peoples own config issues should be troubleshooted elsewhere.in the forums (create a new thread).

In order for an issue to be deemed an actual bug with the software we need clear steps to reproduce that somebody else can easily follow and reproduce. Without that, the issue cannot be fixed. If that cannot be supplied straight away it's best done on its own thread, that prevents unnecessary noise on this thread (where we want to hear about actual issues with studio one that are clearly described and reproducable). If finally you come across clear steps to repro then there is absolutely nothing stopping you from posting here, or posting a link to that thread you troubleshooted on.

And if you don't want to do all that then you can always create a ticket with support.

by Bbd on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:09 pm
That's right on PreAI.
Can't add a thing to it except to say thanks.
If someone has a specific issue to discuss, please start a new topic or contact Support.

Bbd

by bruceqld on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am
Cool. So this thread should still be a summary of known issues. Thanks guys.

Studio One 5.11 Pro, Win 10, Asus ROG i7, 32 Gb Ram, SSD, RME Fireface UFX, X32, Atom, Faderport USB

96 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5