96 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
robertgray3
I using verbsuite classics ,thousands of times ....
this is completely random ,.....

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by PreAl on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:45 pm
absyzero wroterobertgray3

What he says is still correct.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:36 pm
absyzero wroterobertgray3

It's probably not random, I've reported probably a dozen 666 errors to Presonus, Slate, Ohm Force, and others over the years and had them fixed. Whether or not it's worth it for you to figure out what's causing it, I can't tell you.

Heck, Verbsuite is made by Slate Digital, right? Send them an email. If they know about it, maybe they can give you a modified installer. One of the issues I found for Slate they sent me a rollback installer because they found the issue and wouldn't be able to fix it for another month. The installer got me up and running again and helped make sure they fixed it down the road.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by vincentcool on Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:08 am
5.0.2 big problum,recording and edit clip,sound different with waveform and timing out or sound disappeared......
by PreAl on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 am
vincentcool wrote5.0.2 big problum,recording and edit clip,sound different with waveform and timing out or sound disappeared......

That gives us nothing to go on, please start your own thread with clear steps to reproduce and list your specs in your signature.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by vincentcool on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:01 pm
Untitled.png
Recording and edit clip

here is my recording,when edit with layer,
but i listen different from waveform and time is out

Untitled2.png
what i actually listen is different from waveform and brouce also same bounce to track

i try bounce to track ,here is the waveform

i uninstall and go back 5.0.1
by PreAl on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:16 pm
Maybe like this?
viewtopic.php?p=244486#p244486

Hard to tell not understanding fully...

by vincentcool on Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 pm
i think a bit same.but my one sound disappear in red area,and also sound different from waveform
by Bbd on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 am
@vincentcool
Please start a new topic for this issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:34 am
^ Yup - that's what I said. Nobody ever listens ;)

by cdricblanqui on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 am
Maybe because the first event is too long (The second one overlaps ?)

W10 Intel I7 16Gb
SO V5 Artist & V5.2 Pro (in Sphere)
Studio26c / Atom / Monitor station V2 / Faderport 16
Akai MPK mini / Roland A49
Eris E5 / AKG K702 (+ Sonarworks)
by williamhajjar on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:22 am
Studio one 5 has been a nightmare for me. I transferred all my files so i cant go back to 4.6.2 which worked FLAWLESSLY and I didnt even need the updated features for 5 I just love the company and want to be on the latest version.

Now I get glitches and pops every 10 seconds while playing projects even with literally 2 tracks just as a test using like 3% cpu. I get crashes CONSTANTLY. Its like walking on eggshells anytime I want to add a plugin to a project especially if the project is playing when I add it. My UAD plugins now crash constantly and get disabled and give me error 38. Its a nightmare. I cant go back because all my projects have been opened on studio one 5 and cant work on 4.

Anybody else having issues like this? I know it isnt my computer. I literally had a 2012 mac mini and when I downloaded studio one 5 started having issues. Ithought "hey maybe its the old computer" upgraded to a new imac 2020 i7 8 core. Having the same issues its insane. I literally wasted 2k on a new pc because I trusted that They wouldnt release a pile of steaming garbage. Turns out my mini was fine it was this new studio one version.

I dont even care about that I just want studio one to work again. Please fix this. I cant be the only one with this issue its CRAZY how much more unstable studio one 5 is. Its a chore to work with now instead of the pleasure it was in 4.6.2. I literally save everytime I make any insignificant change because its just a matter of time before a crash. And listening to projects with constant pops gets old, my ears cant take it anymore.

And not to mention I cant use my 2k UAD setup because of constant disables.

Catalina 10.15.6 (this is the latest)
10th gen 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt 3
Apogee Symphony mkii Thunderbolt
by pawelhebda on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 am
SO 5 works perfect NO SINGLE dropout - on Mojave - Mac Mini 2012 plus Apollo Twin MKII quad and iMac 19.1 (Hackintosh also Mojave) plus Apollo Silver with TB Card and couple of UAD PCIe cards. So try to dig somewhere else - probably Catalina way.
by Baphometrix on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 am
williamhajjar wroteStudio one 5 has been a nightmare for me...

I'm not minimizing your problem--it's legit. But all new major updates can be buggy for a while, and that's why most DAWs will install major new versions in an entirely new folder structure and you can run old versions and new versions independently. And you should probably never bring unfinished projects into the new version--at least not without making a new copy of that project and then thoroughly testing the new copy in the new version.

As for a different data point, v5 and all the the two minor updates since then have been working just fine for me on Windows 10. My guess is it's a problem specific to Apple's latest OSX version. These types of issues with OSX updates are one of the factors that drove me away from a short flirtation with the Apple way of things. PCs and Windows are a lot less frustrating in this regard, and tend to be more stable from year to year. Apple likes to shake things up and make all their developers jump through ridiculous hoops on a frequent basis.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by pawelhebda on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:57 am
shannongreywalker wrote
williamhajjar wroteStudio one 5 has been a nightmare for me...

I'm not minimizing your problem--it's legit. But all new major updates can be buggy for a while, and that's why most DAWs will install major new versions in an entirely new folder structure and you can run old versions and new versions independently. And you should probably never bring unfinished projects into the new version--at least not without making a new copy of that project and then thoroughly testing the new copy in the new version.

As for a different data point, v5 and all the the two minor updates since then have been working just fine for me on Windows 10. My guess is it's a problem specific to Apple's latest OSX version. These types of issues with OSX updates are one of the factors that drove me away from a short flirtation with the Apple way of things. PCs and Windows are a lot less frustrating in this regard, and tend to be more stable from year to year. Apple likes to shake things up and make all their developers jump through ridiculous hoops on a frequent basis.

I have exactly the opposite experience from 20 years of working everyday with audio on Mac OS vs Windows... BUT NEVER use latest operating system ALWAYS stay one behind.
by Bbd on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 am
williamhajjar wroteStudio one 5 has been a nightmare for me. I transferred all my files so i cant go back to 4.6.2 which worked FLAWLESSLY and I didnt even need the updated features for 5 I just love the company and want to be on the latest version.

Now I get glitches and pops every 10 seconds while playing projects even with literally 2 tracks just as a test using like 3% cpu. I get crashes CONSTANTLY. Its like walking on eggshells anytime I want to add a plugin to a project especially if the project is playing when I add it. My UAD plugins now crash constantly and get disabled and give me error 38. Its a nightmare. I cant go back because all my projects have been opened on studio one 5 and cant work on 4.

Anybody else having issues like this? I know it isnt my computer. I literally had a 2012 mac mini and when I downloaded studio one 5 started having issues. Ithought "hey maybe its the old computer" upgraded to a new imac 2020 i7 8 core. Having the same issues its insane. I literally wasted 2k on a new pc because I trusted that They wouldnt release a pile of steaming garbage. Turns out my mini was fine it was this new studio one version.

I dont even care about that I just want studio one to work again. Please fix this. I cant be the only one with this issue its CRAZY how much more unstable studio one 5 is. Its a chore to work with now instead of the pleasure it was in 4.6.2. I literally save everytime I make any insignificant change because its just a matter of time before a crash. And listening to projects with constant pops gets old, my ears cant take it anymore.

And not to mention I cant use my 2k UAD setup because of constant disables.

A couple of things. If you reinstall version 4 into a new directory, you still can open your songs as long as they were not upgraded to v5.
But for your issue, please contact Support and see if they can help resolve the problem.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by williamhajjar on Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:36 am
pawelhebda wroteSO 5 works perfect NO SINGLE dropout - on Mojave - Mac Mini 2012 plus Apollo Twin MKII quad and iMac 19.1 (Hackintosh also Mojave) plus Apollo Silver with TB Card and couple of UAD PCIe cards. So try to dig somewhere else - probably Catalina way.

Maybe ill think about reverting to mojave but im sure its a nightmare as I am on Catalina and this computer shipped with catalina. Probably have to do a full wipe which is really unfortunate. But tbh I have to do it because who knows when they debug this problem I need to have it fixed asap, its been since July now. I just hit my ceiling of frustration yesterday I cant take it anymore.

I just really hope catalina is the problem. Because studio one 4.6.2 worked flawlessly on catalina if I am remembering correctly. Maybe I was on mojave but its unlikely.

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by PreAl on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:01 am
williamhajjar wrote I cant go back because all my projects have been opened on studio one 5 and cant work on 4.

Where are your backups?

If you don't have a backup strategy now is the time to learn the lesson for next time. Buy a large external hard drive and use cloning software. Run it regularly and especially before you update software.

by williamhajjar on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 am
PreAl wrote
williamhajjar wrote I cant go back because all my projects have been opened on studio one 5 and cant work on 4.

Where are your backups?

If you don't have a backup strategy now is the time to learn the lesson for next time. Buy a large external hard drive and use cloning software. Run it regularly and especially before you update software.

I have backups of my studio one sessions but they are unusable in the previous version. All my important sessions have been opened in studio one 5 therefore making them unusable in studio one 4. And I have updated my backup of those since then so they are all on the 5 version. I didnt think of not updating the version on a backup because I never expected so many issues from a studio one release to the point where I have to revert.

Lesson learned. When I find a way to get stability again im never updating OS or Studio one again. Ive just literally been Using studio one since version 2 and NEVER had an issue with the latest OS or the latest Version. I always upgrade immediately. So this is an isolated case.

EDIT: Ive contacted support and dont expect a response until Monday or Tuesday. In the meanwhile is there a clean way to just uninstall Studio one 5 and do a reinstall. Or do you have to really do a backup of all song files and nuke those as well?

72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
by PreAl on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:28 am
^ Could be an idea to put your specs in your signature.
If you are running Catalina make sure you are on the very latest update, there have been issues with this OS which I've experienced and have cleared when I updated.

96 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5