96 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Still getting the same display issue when editing in Melodyne - the menu line of S1 seems to go blank and dark till you click on the items in the menu.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by wdkbeats on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:55 am
PreAl wroteAutomation bug (not trivial):
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=41472

They still didn't fix that?!?!?!?!? I was really looking forward to v5, hoping that PreSonus would finally address most serious bugs. Turned out that v5 is the first version of Studio One I did not upgrade to - there's simply nothing interesting there and bugs are still not fixed. Shame on PreSonus.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by PreAl on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:15 am
garyshepherd wroteStill getting the same display issue when editing in Melodyne - the menu line of S1 seems to go blank and dark till you click on the items in the menu.

Can you confirm you are on the latest version of Melodyne 5 Editor? (I noticed this in your sig, thankyou). Probably won't fix it but you might want to update your display drivers just in case.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Baphometrix on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am

FWIW, I can't reproduce this bug on Windows in 5.02. Maybe this is an OSX-related problem? Or there is some other factor in that person's video that's not obvious from the video itself? See that other thread for a video I did showing this isn't an issue on Windows.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by wdkbeats on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:19 am
It's not OSX-related. I can reproduce it on my Win 10 machine.

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by Anderton on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:18 am
PreAl wroteNice job.

Now is the time maybe to ask for this annoying trivial bug to be resolved...

Under Options -> Locations.

Under the user data tab the path is always being reset to My Documents\Studio One folder path. I have it under a totally different folder and driver and it keeps getting reset to the default.

Exactly the same with the Sound Sets and Instrument Library folders, I keep changing them to my locations, and it keeps adding extra folder paths I don't want.

I have this problem with FX Chains. When you install a new version of the program, custom FX Chains in a non-default location don't seem to travel to the latest install.

If anyone has a good protocol for handling custom presets, I'd love to hear about it. My workaround is having a folder in the cloud with copies of all my FX Chains, and after installing a new version of Studio One, I right-click on an FX Chain to find its folder in Explorer, and pull the FX Chains from there and from the cloud into my custom folder. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution, but that works so I haven't pursued it any further.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by robertgray3 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:13 pm
shannongreywalker wrote

FWIW, I can't reproduce this bug on Windows in 5.02. Maybe this is an OSX-related problem? Or there is some other factor in that person's video that's not obvious from the video itself? See that other thread for a video I did showing this isn't an issue on Windows.

That particular post's issue was related to standard limitations with VST2 plugins and automation, as j0001s helpfully pointed out. I think it's getting mistaken for an older issue.

wdkbeats wroteThey still didn't fix that?!?!?!?!?

If we're both talking about the small inconsistency with rapid automation changes in the Console (volume, pan, mute, etc), they did fix a similar issue in 4.5. If there's a new issue like that, as I recall last time it was fixed within a single point update of people pointing it out fwiw.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by garyanderson5 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:11 am
Anderton wrote
PreAl wroteNice job.

Now is the time maybe to ask for this annoying trivial bug to be resolved...

Under Options -> Locations.

Under the user data tab the path is always being reset to My Documents\Studio One folder path. I have it under a totally different folder and driver and it keeps getting reset to the default.

Exactly the same with the Sound Sets and Instrument Library folders, I keep changing them to my locations, and it keeps adding extra folder paths I don't want.

I have this problem with FX Chains. When you install a new version of the program, custom FX Chains in a non-default location don't seem to travel to the latest install.

If anyone has a good protocol for handling custom presets, I'd love to hear about it. My workaround is having a folder in the cloud with copies of all my FX Chains, and after installing a new version of Studio One, I right-click on an FX Chain to find its folder in Explorer, and pull the FX Chains from there and from the cloud into my custom folder. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution, but that works so I haven't pursued it any further.

I always store my fx chains on my main sample preset Kontakt drive. It's a second drive internal to my system that has almost everything on there content wise so its easy to back up etc. They always work. I just create a new tab from here inside S1 to the location of the folder etc. I am not sure why it's not working for you Graig. If i install a new version of S1 it keeps the location so i never have to set it up again. Maby it's a cloud thing ive not used cloud based stuff so i am no expert on any of that. I pretty much always use my own saved default preset or fx chains. Having lots of plugins can be a pain scrolling through them all the time so i built my own structure that works for me.

Pics below of my location and preset files structure. It always works for me this way you just don't get the image of the plugin gui but i am fine with that. I never use the Presonus locations it just throws saved files in my documents S1 etc that seem messy so i always have to go in and sort them out. I found it much easier to just creat a new tab from here inside S1 linked to a folder on a drive inside my system linked to the S1 browser. EQ folder for example, drag an EQ into S1 then drag the default EQ from the track it creates into the folder you made in the browser and it creates the preset in the new folder. Just rename it what ever you want. If you already have a folder with presets in just create a new tab from here inside S1 browser then drag and drop from that folder. FX chains do the same thing drag them into a folder. I use Nebula 4 a lot so i do my FX chains this way rather than with Nebula set ups.

The only difference i see between our work flow so to speak is i drag and drop my chains and pesets in from the S1 browser from my saved tab location and drop them on the track/channel etc rather than import from the channel drop down. I suppose the way i do it is more of a channel import bypass to a drag and drop option instead from the S1 browser and your saved folder/drive or maby even cloud location in your case.

All i do after this is back the drives upto external back up drives for each drive so its safe etc. If you ever need to reinstall a system you just create new tabs in the S1 browser to your saved locations and bingo. Ive always worked this way it saves a ton of time and you never have move anything just replace a drive now and again and copy the data over etc and keep the drive letter and name the same so everything hooks up. I presume this could be done with the cloud but ive not used cloud systems so i am clueless with that one :)

Attachments
Browser S1.PNG
Preset and fx chain folders.PNG
Drive location.PNG

Windows Pro 11 22H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 2X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 2TB, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by absyzero on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:35 am
Here is bug with not workin LLM , today i discover ....
how repeat it ...

Gif attached ...
https://i.imgur.com/nYM1UDs.gif

Explanation - the you disabling ,enabling listen bus , llm not working after ...until reload project ...
and some operations with listen bus causing this .....

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by PreAl on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 am
absyzero wroteHere is bug with not workin LLM , today i discover ....
how repeat it ...

Gif attached ...
https://i.imgur.com/nYM1UDs.gif

Explanation - the you disabling ,enabling listen bus , llm not working after ...until reload project ...
and some operations with listen bus causing this .....

I've embedded the GIF so people don't have to click.

I also notice you have created a discussion thread for it:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=41485

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by absyzero on Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 am
Sorry for double posting ..., i create support ticket and Presonus confirmed a bug ......

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by Anderton on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am
garyanderson5 wroteIve always worked this way it saves a ton of time and you never have move anything just replace a drive now and again and copy the data over etc and keep the drive letter and name the same so everything hooks up.

This is very helpful, I like this approach. Sorry it went OT for a bit but hopefully others might find this information helpful as well.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by PreAl on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:41 am
Come to think of it, I don't see a specific folder path under options for FX chains or Presets under Options -> Locations, it would be nice if we had it.

by bennyr1 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm
I notice that BIAS_FX2 have very small GUI. Bias_Amp 2 work ok. so i think i can enable High DPI mode. but when switch it on and open the BIAS_FX2 plugin it hang always. new start and try again of s1 did not help.

My problem is, how can i disable the High DPI mode in S1 5.02 for Bias FX2 ?. it seem the High DPI switch in main S1 option is gone. in S1 4 such a option was here. because S1 hang i can not disable the high dpi mode for this plugin.

win 11 64 I5 8600K(6*4.1 GHZ) studio one V 5 pro
by davidspencerbarker on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:05 am
Hi :D
New user of Studio One 5 since July

A big thank you,to all at Presonus for the speedy updates,bug fixes.Very impressed. :D

Really enjoy using Studio One, of course still lots to learn and discover

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by snb1 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 am
MPC Beats VST and AU crashes every time I remove the track and instrument. Noticed it in 5.0.1. The latest version of MPC Beats is also installed

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by Pavol Cerveny on Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:50 am
SORTED

After installing this update I'm having issues with my Fadeport 8 (of which firmware is up-to-date). After opening the song I'm working on, faders didn't move to their positions, all 8 channel displays were blank and buttons didn't lit as they should.

After Windows 10 update it works fine again.

SORTED
Last edited by Pavol Cerveny on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
by PreAl on Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 am
Pavol Cerveny wroteAfter installing this update I'm having issues with my Fadeport 8 (of which firmware is up-to-date).

Not enough info. Suggest you start a new thread and give us the specifics and your full specs.

by absyzero on Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:19 am
Today in process of mixing project ,,i insert verbsuite on track ....
heared loud click ...all sounds dissapear and master and listen bus show me scary "666" .....

it means that this bug not completely removed in 5.0.2 (( :(

by robertgray3 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:53 am
absyzero wroteToday in process of mixing project ,,i insert verbsuite on track ....
heared loud click ...all sounds dissapear and master and listen bus show me scary "666" .....

it means that this bug not completely removed in 5.0.2 (( :(

That’s not a single bug per se, “666” is an error message. I believe it means something about a plugin being de-synchronized with the audio engine or non-responsive. It can be caused by a bug in a plugin or the host.

Make sure it’s on the latest version then if it happens again start the support process with both the plugin maker and the host. Those are perhaps the most annoying issues because they could be caused by either of them.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

96 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5